whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any you guys try magnet block heaters. I got 2 trucks without and 1, the mack, doesn't need one no matter what temp. 2 gas pickups and the other 3 diesel trucks got em, chippers, stumpers and dingo don't seem to need em either. Building a barn soon but haven't settled on who yet.

Got everything situated in it’s usual place for the first storm. A little tight, but the equipment appreciates it I’m sure.

The grapple isn’t on, just in to keep it out of the weather and easy to hook up. I just open the door, back out and grab the bucket and start plowing. Well, a little more than that actually, but you get the idea. Lol. Pretty slick for what it is. I need a barn too.
DBF95FFF-7313-4F09-9955-171808063461.jpeg
6A774BBE-8971-4056-9039-88AF71C952AA.jpeg
996DB844-F74B-410B-9248-55C31C7CE0B6.jpeg

Got everything situated in it’s usual place for the first storm. A little tight, but the equipment appreciates it I’m sure.

The grapple isn’t on, just in to keep it out of the weather and easy to hook up. I just open the door, back out and grab the bucket and start plowing. Well, a little more than that actually, but you get the idea. Lol. Pretty slick for what it is. I need a barn too.
View attachment 874699
View attachment 874702
View attachment 874700
The word "sardines" comes to mind lol. Love the wood stove. I heat my house with a basement wood add on furnace. Pay nothing for heat. Over the last year I am trying to convert from split wood (see you got lots of ash) to just cutting up oak and other desirables that are stove diameter thru the year. It is working out real good. Just sold my Timberwolf tw5 and sold my conveyor couple of years ago. Eab ash kills glutted the market and took all the money out of firewood sales here. So now I have quit quit firewood sales and just 2 weeks ago quit a big account plowing that I hated to do.

The word "sardines" comes to mind lol. Love the wood stove. I heat my house with a basement wood add on furnace. Pay nothing for heat. Over the last year I am trying to convert from split wood (see you got lots of ash) to just cutting up oak and other desirables that are stove diameter thru the year. It is working out real good. Just sold my Timberwolf tw5 and sold my conveyor couple of years ago. Eab ash kills glutted the market and took all the money out of firewood sales here. So now I have quit quit firewood sales and just 2 weeks ago quit a big account plowing that I hated to do.

You’ll notice your profit margin skyrocket when you leave the firewood game. Leave the wood to the grunts and scrapers.

This snow is sooo freaking wet and heavy. I went out with my dogs and noticed how it compacted under my feet so I quickly plowed out the yard with my loader. If I waited to the end it might not have mustered the strength.

Trying to get out today and slay some trees. Gonna bring my loader with a bucket with us so plow out room to put the trucks. My guys are like, “really? We working?”
We all still got bills.
Speaking of bills, I have to get the remaining bills I have being mailed to me on automatic withdrawal. I’m getting snail mail bills 10-12 days after the postmarks.

I’ve still gotta finish cleaning my yard up. Got a good start yesterday, but still a ways to go with the trailers, etc (was just me). Speaking of firewood, gotta get the cord I have on my old Chevy dumped and stacked today. With an overnight low of 5 forecasted tonight, I’m thinking Monday will be a fresh start.

That’s what happens when you ask an ISA certified arborist to do a mans job!:laugh:
Yup! I'm way better at trees than plowing.

I made 900 in two days. Could make that in two hours doing trees. The guy who towed me out of that jam said I was his 8th plow truck rescue of the day.

You're equipment looks nice and cozy in your shop!

Yup! I'm way better at trees than plowing.

I made 900 in two days. Could make that in two hours doing trees. The guy who towed me out of that jam said I was his 8th plow truck rescue of the day.

You're equipment looks nice and cozy in your shop!
Raise your rates! I average atleast 100 bucks an hour with a f250 and 8' blade no salting. Its not bad when I can get a light snow done in 6 hrs overnight and head straight to work in the morning double the money!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Snagged myself a full size skidsteer last weekend. Takeuchi tl230; enclosed cab with heat/ac/radio. Should be nice for bigger jobs and to give my ditch witch a break on moving/stacking wood at my house.
What made you pick that one. Shopping for one I can push loads of chips and logs into a hole in back of my property. How much$ ? Good time for tax write off.

Back