whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, and somebody said your rollered up pumpkin lookin’ fleet wouldn’t fit in around here. LOL.
yeah but if you panned the camera around the LOT (which the Quesadilla group don't got) you would see a CRANE....which Casadei Tree Murderers also don't got huge lol :cry:

I like that old truck...I could restore it.
I was thinking the same thing although those words are wasted on him. It looks solid and you know being a dump it has a heavy duty suspension. I owned and ran trucks just like that in the 70's with big flat dumps. Beautiful when painted. Much thicker metal back in the day.

Isn't that like a one ton chipper truck with maybe a 10 foot bed and part of it taken up with a tool box in front of your tiny chipper? My chipper would fill that thing up with one branch if it is. C'mon man!

1A47015D-5176-4B0A-807E-EAA5D3878CF2.jpeg

12’ high capacity . Pto dump, none of that electric BS. 19,500 gvwr. That truck holds almost as many chips as my international 4300 with 14’ high capacity southco body. Not that chip space is ever an issue.

I like that old truck...I could restore it.

It always amazed me how much better the steel was back in the day. None of the jap scrap of today.

I remember as a kid we were always dragging an old Chevy (67 - 72 trucks) out of a field or whatever and stripping them for parts to try and build one good one. The difference in the steel from 67 or 68 was totally different from the later ones (generally rust buckets).

Isn't that like a one ton chipper truck with maybe a 10 foot bed and part of it taken up with a tool box in front of your tiny chipper? My chipper would fill that thing up with one branch if it is. C'mon man!

View attachment 935581

What year is that precious chipper of yours, like 81? lol. I remember the best was when you painted it that awful orange with the high end oil base and roller and you could see the rectangles of Vermeer yellow where you “cut in” around the stickers.Lmao over here, that was some real cobbler stuff right there!! :laugh:

Out of the sandbox for a while....

'Old school' pride. Quick marri thrash down with the 200T, lock jack & Vermeer 725 with rake grapple instead of rotating grab.

r-c1-jpg.935878

r-c2-jpg.935877

Attachments

• R&C2.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 55
  • R&C1.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 55
Rake grapple is superior imo.

Depends what you use it for. My rake grapple is for clearing firebreaks, spreading mulch, cleaning up road, pushing fine debris etc.

The heavy duty Intermercato five finger is the absolute business time for moving logs, pulling whole trees etc. Increases the manoeuvrability of the compact track machine by many times.

I have had a grapple rake and a pincher rake for what...over 10 years. You cannot push or doze logs to get in position to grab with the pincher grapple especially if the logs are abutted to other logs or stumps...you can with the grapple rake...grapple rake gets the log higher in the air than the pincher which has many advantages. Pincher is best for grabbing and dragging brush and for long log loading into the back of a truck. That's how I see it with my skid steers. Seems the same for your mini skid.

Becomes an extension of your hand this thing....

360 rotation opens up all sorts of possibilities, as does it rake grapple crushing force.

Use to it push & doze all the time, although don't generally need too as you just grab logs & rotate them to where required.

im1-jpg.935884

Attachments

• IM1.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
Back