whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 5 years I'll know if getting the BCMA wisll have actually given further opportunities... I thought it would be worth the shot.
It's good that you did it. It's a personal accomplishment. I proctored the CA exam a couple of times here in Dallas. Some guys were interested... some didn't care as they were "forced" there by school districts, municipalities etc. All of them failed the test. The test is ridiculously easy. Like I said, ISA has spent some effort pushing "certified arborist" on the public so that's what you mention wherever it makes sense. How much effort has Texas A&M spent educating the public about degreed horticulturist or degreed urban forester? None. And they won't. Does TDA (Texas dept of agriculture) educate the public about hiring licensed pesticide applicators? No, and they won't. I'm a certified arborist with a commercial pesticide applicators license and a degree in horticulture and the only one of the three the public really identifies with is certified arborist which is the easiest of the three to get. Sad really.

Horseschit...nobody gonna get a saw ported for $250 that size. If you go to the small time guys they are backed up months and months. Ripsaw is the biggest player in the modded saw business now. They have all the new high tech equipment to do it better and quicker. But you seem like a cheapskate the way you talk about everything. I have no money worries anymore. None. I can buy or do pretty much anything I want.
Keep backing up your waste of money. Ripsaw is nothing more than a marketing ploy. A quick google/Facebook search of ripsaw and you’ll realize you wasted some of that precious tree money. It’s alright if you don’t know anything about motors, but don’t come on here toting a ripsaw and not expect to get called out. Call me cheap, you made your ground guy buy a blown up ms200t from you. 😂😂😂

@mikewhite85
I’m in northeast Ohio and we do tree work all winter long. We back off to around 40 for December and beginning of January. After that it’s back to 50-65 hours a week. Still have a few commercial snow accounts but this is the last year for that.
We just gave up the commercial snow removal and de icing too. Might do some if so heavy snow we can't get out and do tree work which pays better, isn't torture and you don't stay up all night sometimes. Sold my truck plow but have a plow for Bobcat (heated) and Dingo and salters. We now have work all year. But we don't get snow like you get up around Corning NY.

LOL. That’s probably because you haven’t bought anything of significance in 40 years. Unless you count the ancient technology bobcat and gasser Ford. :drinkingcoffee:
Got you thinking about me in your sleep hey?.....Gotta let you know I don't swing that way Lonely Boy.
You got that knuckle boom only good for picking apart Dogwoods lol....and worse yet...no crane :laughing: Yeah you really are cutting edge hahah.

Hey Pickles..he ordered a few parts and for a couple hundred bucks he has a new 200. Even a cheapskate like you who whines about ISA dues cause you live in a depressed area could appreciate that.

Keep backing up your waste of money. Ripsaw is nothing more than a marketing ploy.
I been running modded saws for over half a century and won chainsaw race contests in woodsman's fairs with saws modded by a stihl dealer friend of mine back in the 70's...I know what a performance increase feels like...don't need specs or need to know anything about what they are doing. Go suck a big pickle lol.

1636894053851.png

I can feel for you Paulene. You spend the day alone cause its raining or you are out of work...you go to bed alone cuz you got no wife or family or friends...you fall asleep/pass out with a bottle of bourbon under your armpit and when you roll over the schit spills all over you and the bed and you wake up in a stinkin mess. It is truly a sad existence. :cry:

I will say, I did watch that one vid and that Reon Rounds dude is a bad mofo, no doubt! Very impressive.

Not sure how that relates to the oldest living tree Raggie from Cincinnati, but whatever. Cool video anyway.,

Back