whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys worked til 7 last night. The drive home from Corning is kind of awful with a load of chips and chipper. I'll be paying a lot of overtime this winter! It's about 50 miles 1 way

But today I found a place to park everything for the winter- with a free wood, chip, and brush dump to boot! It's at an excavation company yard. 250 per month to park my equipment. That will save me a ton on fuel. It's on the far side of town but it totally beats driving 3 trucks 100 miles a day.

We still have 2-3 weeks of scattered work down here then we'll be up there for most of the rest of the winter. We're doing a clear cut for a local campground right before turkey day. Had the small stuff forestry mulched. Would love to own one of those.
Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 11.06.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-19 at 11.06.02 PM.png

A
Guys worked til 7 last night. The drive home from Corning is kind of awful with a load of chips and chipper. I'll be paying a lot of overtime this winter! It's about 50 miles 1 way

But today I found a place to park everything for the winter- with a free wood, chip, and brush dump to boot! It's at an excavation company yard. 250 per month to park my equipment. That will save me a ton on fuel. It's on the far side of town but it totally beats driving 3 trucks 100 miles a day.

We still have 2-3 weeks of scattered work down here then we'll be up there for most of the rest of the winter. We're doing a clear cut for a local campground right before turkey day. Had the small stuff forestry mulched. Would love to own one of those.
View attachment 942668View attachment 942667
good to have your winter secured

I became aware today that there’s supply chain issues with lubricants now too (was looking for my grease). Damn, grease, saw chain… saws… 14” light bars for the 201’s… Rakes (still)!!!??? Silky saws…. on and on!!! Wtf!

Heat is coming on the other side. Went from mud to dust in about a week.

Dust, firebreaks, flies, merciless sun, machines trying to catch fire. Summer is much less desirable for tree work over here.

No earthquakes? Pfft.

You should stop by here with your climbing gear in late January or early February… maybe fine prune and cable some pin oaks. Lol.

No earthquakes? Pfft.

You should stop by here with your climbing gear in late January or early February… maybe fine prune and cable some pin oaks. Lol.

We can do quakes, only small ones though. The amount of fat people we have on this side of the continent stop things from shaking to much anyway....

Coincidentally, looked at a pin oak the other day as part of a large commercial job. Don't see that many oaks & those that do aren't particularly large, generally being under 70 years old, although some of our older towns have some good 130 plus year old specimens that are grand trees. Decided the pin oak in the cottage garden was a bit like our tree acacias, busy, right angle growth habit, devilishly scratchy, wiry as hell, fight you all the way.

Pin oaks. Lol.

There's one now, freshly leafed out beneath the stringy barks we're working in.

2s1a9204-jpg.942991

Attachments

• 2S1A9204.JPG
    15.3 MB · Views: 163
Snagged a bandit 250xp to flip. I’m gonna run it for a bit and see how it does. I had one in the past but sold it when I got my morbark. It didn’t have auto feed, so that was a deal breaker for me; otherwise it was a beast for its size.

This new one has auto feed and the 4bt Cummins. Hard to beat this combo for reliability.

Heat is coming on the other side. Went from mud to dust in about a week.

Dust, firebreaks, flies, merciless sun, machines trying to catch fire. Summer is much less desirable for tree work over here.
In Texas we have that one week and 0 degrees the next. Last Feb. 80 degree change in 48 hours...75 to -5.

Latest posts

Back