whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebuilt one of my one- owner 49sp. Parts and pieces but now it is all but NEW! Not much left from the origional saw but it runs primo.

Attachments

• DSCF3113.JPG
    DSCF3113.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Had to clean up a pile of trees I dropped last Spring before I had my knee replaced. Mostly dead Ash from an Ash blight. Just the logs on the right.

Attachments

• 20220220_132506.jpg
    20220220_132506.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
I dunno, man… at the end of the day it’s just a chainsaw. Let’s not get too hot in the britches over it. Lol. Just saying.

Yes, it's a nice workhorse.

Light & predictable, reliable, probably foreign words to a Husky proprietor....

Certainly easier on the body for blocking off than the MS661.

500i-jpg.968701

You've got me looking at second hand Omme's now, a nice 27.5 unit, something similar to what you are running. Some way off, but a good spider has been in thoughts for a while. Plenty of stuff it would be damn useful for. And a twenty tonne version of the Giant!!

Attachments

• 500i.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 274
Yes, it's a nice workhorse.

Light & predictable, reliable, probably foreign words to a Husky proprietor....

Certainly easier on the body for blocking off than the MS661.

500i-jpg.968701

You've got me looking at second hand Omme's now, a nice 27.5 unit, something similar to what you are running. Some way off, but a good spider has been in thoughts for a while. Plenty of stuff it would be damn useful for. And a twenty tonne version of the Giant!!
I like your gaffs with the silky. What setup is that? It looks fairly comfortable.

Is that Toro a lawn mower in the 'green' season?
Yeah, but I leave the dozer blade on into spring. I grade yards for lawns and drag a weighted chain drag. Truly amazing what a real garden tractor can do. 12hp cast iron kohler, 4 speed with a lo range all steel and cast iron. I also added the swept front axle with 1” shafts and reduction steering off a 5/20. I’m looking for a loader for it.8B066899-C6A8-47F3-9C21-05B15A0CCD4E.jpeg04983ADA-0FEB-49C7-8FF2-D86BD39F93DF.jpeg

Yeah, but I leave the dozer blade on into spring. I grade yards for lawns and drag a weighted chain drag. Truly amazing what a real garden tractor can do. 12hp cast iron kohler, 4 speed with a lo range all steel and cast iron. I also added the swept front axle with 1” shafts and reduction steering off a 5/20. I’m looking for a loader for it.View attachment 968937View attachment 968938

Impressive on twelve horses.

Al-fresco air con as well. Good feature.

this is about 3 weeks ago. i simply forgot. a buddy passed and his wifes alone now and she had a tree monkey and a crane come out and remove a few large maples. i asked and in the contract it was significantly cheaper, for them to chip the brush and leave teh main logs on a log deck. i scored and removed them for her and landed about 1 1/3 cords of free maple.. 3 hours had it all cut loaded and split and stacked, cutting off a log deck is flat out cheating

this is about 3 weeks ago. i simply forgot. a buddy passed and his wifes alone now and she had a tree monkey and a crane come out and remove a few large maples. i asked and in the contract it was significantly cheaper, for them to chip the brush and leave teh main logs on a log deck. i scored and removed them for her and landed about 1 1/3 cords of free maple.. 3 hours had it all cut loaded and split and stacked, cutting off a log deck is flat out cheating
What exactly is a "log deck" ? Pictures ?
If it makes us able to cut without bending over I'm in !

i dont have any pics. but the crane stacks and piles them on top of each other. it maybe 5 feet tall and how ever longxwide . its pure cut and run. cutem 16 to 18 inches, rol as many into the truck as you can. when it rolls off the truck, split it and immediately stack it in a ibc crate. who ever buys it, is responcable for loading an hauling them.. i only pick them up 1 time, versus 3 or 4

So does anyone know what has actually happened to Treevet?

Nothing bad I hope, but certainly quiet? Is it paint rollering season over there?

Last post that cleared moderation was in December, last year. He made a comment Oct 15 that was a bit too offensive to survive.

I think it's a simple case of him having other things he'd rather be doing.

Back