whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the big advantage of the rear mount? If you have a rear mount with 55 feet height and a forestry package with 55', wouldn't you want the forestry package as it more versatile? The rear mounts are one dimensional.

I see a few around here in use, but they are with a crane or knuckleboom and have big reach, like 75'. They are definitely faster than a climber in the instances I've seen.

Forrestry's are great if you have money only for one. I have found that they are good to have around, but not the most efficient. Also, even though they are "relatively" the same size as a rearmount, they are not as easy to maneuver in tight spaces. I do 90 percent residential work too, and I tend to do a few dump runs throughout the day. Now, if every time I had to shut down the bucket to roll it out to dump chips, that means I shut down anywhere from an hour to two hours depoending on our location. Also, when you can have a chipper and dump positioned right at the action, there is less brush dragging. Ie my drop zone; right out side is the chipper positioned feed chute toward the zone, and dumper facing out to the street. Makes for less damaged turf, and much easier positioning the limbs and feeding the chipper instead of dragging the whole show up past the FP, past the chipper, and swinging the butts back around into the feed chute. Don't get me wrong, on the days where I just have a small trim I'll miss the forrestry, but it won't kill me. Who knows, I've had 3 good buckets in 2 years, there's always a chance I get another one in the spring. Either way, this rearmount will have a significantly longer reach than my FP.

On another note, it's startling how many cash money buyers I've had ring me about my INT for sale heading into a NE winter. Something tells me there is going to be A LOT of throat cutting next year.

Last edited:
That was pretty complacent to run the line over the pin, and nobody else even noticed....I say complacent assuming they would normally have the clevis facing the other way, I hope. Poor guy

It was a father son outfit and i'm pretty sure they owned the crane, plenty of experience. From what I heard some how the clevis/shackle twisted upside down and into the pin, unscrewing it.

Going today to work at this old German dudes house, he is a long standing customer. He knows every single tree on his acreage. Both common and latin names, can tell me everything about them. Never a tree guy, just retired and had a bought a ID book. When we remove trees, he has me cut the stumps about 4', then we have to place them next to his drive, so when it snows, they can see where to drive. When there is no snow, it looks horrible! All these old nasty stumps lined up,down his long drive, must be 30 of them! Oh well, Cant see it from my house!

@-Rope, do you take the top of the big truck to load those long ones? or do yo pick them up at a end and slide them in?

Last edited:
I think there is some beauty in a rotting stump. Yesterday I has was doing a walk around of a large job and saw the really old oak stump out in the bush that was all covered moss and broken down.
Well time to go.

That was pretty complacent to run the line over the pin, and nobody else even noticed....I say complacent assuming they would normally have the clevis facing the other way, I hope. Poor guy

I have been looking to buy a few of the good locking kind. Made in US, stamped with a SWL. They seem hard to come by. I only have one locking clevis, the one I keep on hand for tying into the crane. I have some regular ones I only use for tying off static lines and I don't like them very much and I think its BS they sell them for rigging.

024-3.jpg

Maybe i should tell the story of when the crane op swung the hook into the tips which opened the gate on the hook and yanked my lifeline out? I would tell it but I am getting sick of hearing it myself.

Last edited:
I have been looking to buy a few of the good locking kind. Made in US, stamped with a SWL. They seem hard to come by. I only have one locking clevis, the one I keep on hand for tying into the crane. I have some regular ones I only use for tying off static lines and I don't like them very much and I think its BS they sell them for rigging.

024-3.jpg

Maybe i should tell the story of when the crane op swung the hook into the tips which opened the gate on the hook and yanked my lifeline out? I would tell it but I am getting sick of hearing it myself.

My goodness man watcha pullin over the moon:)

My goodness man watcha pullin over the moon:)

LOL, Danno you better post a Video explaining all that or better yet.....have Murph narrate it & give the blow by blow along with some slow motion for that extra effect!

LXT...................just dump it in the road!

Had to pee in a cup for my employer today so that I can drive the trucks. What happens if I fail? Should I fire myself or just give myself a stern warning?

[video=youtube_share;qPXJuRewqnY]http://youtu.be/qPXJuRewqnY[/video] I found this incredibly rare video of AA and John Boy being 2 completely heterosexual males just trying to have some healthy competition .... Not gay at all just 2 men in there underwear with half chubbies and hugging ...And listening to a bad 80's movie song

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;qPXJuRewqnY]http://youtu.be/qPXJuRewqnY[/video] I found this incredibly rare video of AA and John Boy being 2 completely heterosexual males just trying to have some healthy competition .... Not gay at all just 2 men in there underwear with half chubbies and hugging ...And listening to a bad 80's movie song

DOOOOD! Why????? Am pouring bleach in my eyes.

Latest posts

Back