whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to the rain coming down. Pretty standard around here. I dont think it will ever dry up. Well, maybe July and August will be OK. sucks.

50mph+ winds all day, add that to completely saturated soil, that has been soaking all winter (ground never froze). Could be a interesting day

Listening to the rain coming down. Pretty standard around here. I dont think it will ever dry up. Well, maybe July and August will be OK. sucks.

Yeah, yesterday was first day in seems like a half year that ground actually seemed like it was getting a little dry. Then boom, storms all night. Yesterday worked on clearing our new lot with bc2k sucking honeysuckle all day and spraying it. We got tons of schit Ch. elms, some decent size Cottonwoods we are gonna keep some to play around in and some pears from bird droppings...and mass honeysuckle. Real flat almost 2 acres. We are stoked after working in a phone booth for years.

BTW Ace, got some safety blue with tight eye splice. Tried velocity cool and too thin, blue streak and too slippery and others I didn't like. Always come back to SBlue for I guess over thirty years it's been around. I love it whether new or old.

SB is good rope. I climbed on it for many years. Somebody had 120ft of HV SB onsale and I thought about grabbing a hank just becuz. i think it was 89 bucks.

Have you tried bluemoon/poison ivy? i think its hard to beat.

Day before yesterday worked on this old mansion. Good friend of mine lived here in Hschool. Driveway to left was where Sam Wyche family lived for dozen years when I had him for client and got free tickets to all games. Fun times. Esp. Super Bowl year.

We got a new tech with smaller trees where we dingo load the small trailer with 5 chokers under wood, then back up in small lot next to crano and the whole load comes off with one pick and goes right next to the TW5 splitter. Think we are gonna keep this small lot mainly for firewood.

[IMAGE]http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/commercial-tree-care-climbing/226717d1330522177-008-jpg[/IMAGE]

Last edited:
SB is good rope. I climbed on it for many years. Somebody had 120ft of HV SB onsale and I thought about grabbing a hank just becuz. i think it was 89 bucks.

Have you tried bluemoon/poison ivy? i think its hard to beat.

Doesn't make sense but I hated the HV as it kicked out little tufts. Supposed to be same rope. Never tried the poison ivy. Prob will sometime now that you mentioned it.

Man this embedding schit...thought had it figgered out. Gonna bother me all day. Uggh.

Can't upload any smilies unless you play around with the "more" button either...(think "help" smilie lol)

We are stoked after working in a phone booth for years.

Watched the video of you guys splitting firewood. Looked like you were going to eventually bury yourselves, or at least cover that block wall.

My garage at home is pretty packed, mainly with tree equipment/gear. Geez, I hate climbing over everything to get something on the other side.:angry:
Would love to get a shop, but the wife is right...... I'd fill that too.:laugh:

Congrats on the bigger lot.
Hopefully you fill it as well.

Last edited:
here you go treevet. its at the front and end of the image url, not [IMAGE]
[IMG]http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/commercial-tree-care-climbing/226717d1330522177-008-jpg

yeah doesn't look promising as far as the ground drying up. If it's anything like last year it'll be another rough one. Practically have to plywood just to walk across a lawn..

Well I got back to my novice pine job @ 8am dropped 7 tops and by 10 am it was pouring and not the kinda of pouring that's tolerable the kinda of rain that feels like ice water down your back , so that's that can't wait to be done with the novice pine job now any job that requires 3 days to complete sucks .

thanks
226738d1330535322-005-jpg

Nice lot bro but that looks cold lol its 79 degrees time to start sweating again :)

Well I got back to my novice pine job @ 8am dropped 7 tops and by 10 am it was pouring and not the kinda of pouring that's tolerable the kinda of rain that feels like ice water down your back , so that's that can't wait to be done with the novice pine job now any job that requires 3 days to complete sucks .

That sucks man! I hope you get your novice pine job done soon..

That sucks man! I hope you get your novice pine job done soon..
thanks , cause after looking at last years pathetically sad #s I am motivated to blow them outta the water , I mean could be worse I would be hanging myself stuck in the shop staring at machines that don't have any work ... I am inclined now to grab every job novice or not ...

thanks , cause after looking at last years pathetically sad #s I am motivated to blow them outta the water , I mean could be worse I would be hanging myself stuck in the shop staring at machines that don't have any work ... I am inclined now to grab every job novice or not ...

You sound awful sensitive man.

We have 3 - 6" of snow coming in here. Its kinda wet, but sticking and the roads are terrible. Saw two accidents within a mile of one another about a half hour ago..

The novice jobs are a nice change of pace sometimes. Besides all those easy $ add up too.

rain all day today. sucks

rain rain go away and comeback another day. I keep saying it but it must be broke cause its still raining. WTF:hmm3grin2orange:

The novice jobs are a nice change of pace sometimes. Besides all those easy $ add up too.
I call small and easy jobs gravy work I mean I get it nothing there o land me on the cover of TCIA or anything but without that kinda work I couldn't move from point A to point B I mean they fill up holes nicely and honestly what looks like a joke to some bozo may be a job that ya broke your ass on , that's at least my opinion of it ... I don't care whatev

Latest posts

Back