whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would def want a springed cam. thought maybe a mechanism gave partial release therefore letting you descend or move outward slowly without taking your body weight off of the positioner like you have to in a miniscender.

I was looking at one last week. Was thinking of buying one but it was a little too pricey for my blood. Ended up buying a spring replacement kit for the miniscender I already have.

Here my ##### for the day. Gonna help her lose her winter coat. :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

You know this is a perfect subject for an easy and dramatic "before and after" picture for web site or fliers or whatever.

Very interesting and informative article in ARBORAGE Feb/2012 on "Neuromarketing for Tree Care" that can improve advertising/marketing and decrease money wasted.

Looks like a money maker to me. Obviously a pin oak but don't let 101 tell you it is a dogwood or redbud or whatev. :)
Well it warmed my grinch heart to see you throw a fit for 2 months , so I got my satisfaction from that little hooraa and honestly you could call it a ginko and I wouldn't say a word LOL

question 2Tree....

I used to take day trips with ex wife from Jersey to Lancaster to Amish country. Since Amish do everything themselves and I don't think they can use any power tools ...you ever see them doing any climbing removals?

They are all over... with yellow DeWalt cordless drills hanging off their hips, Smartphones pressed up against their heads and skidloaders carving up the turf... they haul the loaders around in brand new Chevrolets.

Just sat down for my morning coffee and post coffee ritual and scanned through the first issue of ArbClimber Magazine which I received yesterday.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I just bought one of those pulleys too. Mines the grey one. I kinda like it better then my lockjack i bought. Might be selling the lockjack. I can just use my petzel id on long decents.

There's an Amish tree service up here. When construction and home building went into the tank they got hit like everyone else and were forced to look into different areas. I also see them doing more landscaping. They tend to copy each other so if there's one who is successful, there's liable to be more in the coming years.
Phil

seen a group of them setting up a crane for a big removal not too long ago. Hell those boys probably use more modern gadgets up there then me (old school taut line) lol

Great, gas went up 13 cents overnight. And I forgot to fill up yesterday... :blob2:

Went to 3.79 here yesterday and climbing..

Snowacain

We just got in. We knew we had weather coming, but HOLY CRAP, it started snowing, BIG TIME, within in 5 minutes of it starting , it was snow so hard and blowing, that the snow hurt when it hit ya in the face. I was up in a secluded hood doing those prunes. Had just finished and was cleaning up, grabbed the check, confirmed a dead oak removal and got the hell outa there! Had a really steep hill that I had to go down, full load of chips. Started to slide a bit, but it caught traction pretty quick, get out on the highway, everything is cool, drive about a mile and it starts snowing harder! Visibility was gone, had I known I would have stayed put, but I was committed. Made it home, and just about had a nervous breakdown when we got in! Steven (groundie) was behind me in the F-250 with the dump trailer.He has little experience in snow, so that was making the nerves worse. That was the most stress I have ever had driving!
Hope all u fellers are safe and sound out there, mother nature is PO'ed today. Monster tornadoes everywhere on the right side and south. Heading to Ohio, so look out!

Last edited:
Just sat down for my morning coffee and post coffee ritual and scanned through the first issue of ArbClimber Magazine which I received yesterday.

attachment.php

Is it any good?
Just ordered it, that Clark Howard site is cool, need to send the link to Darin, getem on here

Last edited:
Diesel is $459 gal. here...glad I filled up weeks ago...my F350 holds 60 gal.
I replaced my rear 19gal with a 40 gal...dont have to fill up to often.

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

The before pic......rusty tanks, put new front tank as well...........stupid ford paint!!

IMG_1230.jpg

We just got in. We knew we had weather coming, but HOLY CRAP, it started snowing, BIG TIME, within in 5 minutes of it starting , it was snow so hard and blowing, that the snow hurt when it hit ya in the face. I was up in a secluded hood doing those prunes. Had just finished and was cleaning up, grabbed the check, confirmed a dead oak removal and got the hell outa there! Had a really steep hill that I had to go down, full load of chips. Started to slide a bit, but it caught traction pretty quick, get out on the highway, everything is cool, drive about a mile and it starts snowing harder! Visibility was gone, had I known I would have stayed put, but I was committed. Made it home, and just about had a nervous breakdown when we got in! Steven (groundie) was behind me in the F-250 with the dump trailer.He has little experience in snow, so that was making the nerves worse. That was the most stress I have ever had driving!
Hope all u fellers are safe and sound out there, mother nature is PO'ed today. Monster tornadoes everywhere on the right side and south. Heading to Ohio, so look out!

started raining here a couple hours ago and supposed to turn to snow, followed up by some 50 mph winds for desert. All is normal, lol. Sure wish I had my chip truck back. Got a feeling we might get some storm damage out of this one

Back