whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work, Danno and 2fat2climb! lol As far as this thread, goes, I think Scott's doing well, no need for formal warnings, etc. If tree guys can't get together and rip on other tree guys w/out crying to papa moderator about it there wouldn't be much of a point to this thread.

Hey now. I climb, just aint real fast at it. Dont worry, someday I will let you ride my fat boy wraptor.

Hey now. I climb, just aint real fast at it. Dont worry, someday I will let you ride my fat boy wraptor.

Already got my own, geared for a normal person. lol Took a vid of me winching out the chipper, it wasn't without effort but I got it done. For what these badland winches cost, I gotta say, I'm impressed. Need to get a decent block so I can two part the line.

VIDEO0010.3gp - YouTube

Finished up this job on weds and got er done a little ahead of schedule. these were the smaller trees over a pool, had to lower every single twig. Nowhere to run a speed line and under this row of trees were flowers, shrubs, couldn't hardly even walk.. It was nice having 3 climbers on this one or I'd still be there lol..

DSCN0241.jpg

Nice work, Danno and 2fat2climb! lol As far as this thread, goes, I think Scott's doing well, no need for formal warnings, etc. If tree guys can't get together and rip on other tree guys w/out crying to papa moderator about it there wouldn't be much of a point to this thread.

Ahhh, you're right, hey blakes......lay down and lick'em!

Hooked up with Bomber we did hazardous limb removals :msp_sneaky: on 3 oaks. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics. Good day though had fun made some fast easy money. Well not so easy when it came my turn for the climb, 60 foot Pin Oak. Thank god I only had to lardthrust up the first 35-40 feet. Good news was when I got to the top the tree was bent so far over Bomber could cut it from the ground
erba2.jpg

eric1y.jpg

and one or two of the fat lardthrusting tree pig
5656v.jpg

5657vx.jpg

Last edited:
Already got my own, geared for a normal person. lol Took a vid of me winching out the chipper, it wasn't without effort but I got it done. For what these badland winches cost, I gotta say, I'm impressed. Need to get a decent block so I can two part the line.

VIDEO0010.3gp - YouTube

Holy crap dude that winch just paid for itself 10x over.

I got to disagree with ya blakes, trash talking about family, wives, girl friends and the such have no place on a forum.

joking around and having fun with the buds is one thing, trash talking about fam. is not wanted or should be tolerated

VIDEO0010.3gp - YouTube

I might have to buy a lard ass wrapter, but my cummings would of pulled that chipper out without that winch. Not because its a cummings, but because my lard ass would have been in it adding extra weight for better traction. :hmm3grin2orange:

I put a 2000lb badland winch on my chipper. it works pretty good, kinda slow.

I might have to buy a lard ass wrapter, but my cummings would of pulled that chipper out without that winch. Not because its a cummings, but because my lard ass would have been in it adding extra weight for better traction. :hmm3grin2orange:

theres no g in cummins bro

and just the man i need to talk to, what size are the tires on your chipper I bought the same size thats on mine now to replace them but the tire shop could not get the beads to set because they are too narrow for the rim. There was a tube in the old ones so I just put the tubes back in the new ones to get it to set but I'd like to know what size it is supposed to be

2day...

jeez... where to begin?... hope you all are doing alright... last week we got socked in everyday so i did all chippys TLC... zerks, blades, swapped out the anvil, oil, filters, etc... worked on saws... inspections, dressed bars, replaced a few short recoils, cleaned, and sharpened... this week i been attacking the last of the fruits and nuts....pomegranate, fig, cherry, peach, plum, pear, apricot, almonds etc... only got 4 more apples in the mountains next week... this morning did 6 pistachios then went to elevate a monster mulberry at this old guys house... i normally hate working for him cuz he has a permanent case of the walking farts.... but today he did not bother me... he came out and dragged some small brush while i was chippin away... normally i would never allow that but i wanted to make the old bird feel useful... the guy is in his late 80s with shaking hands and he looks like he is always holding back a piss and hauling around a boat load of dung in his trousers.... after we finished i thanked him and he gave me 3 bags of oranges.... i stopped by a clients house on my way home and gave her a bag... she was thrilled and gave me 14 strawberries in pots for the garden.... then i stopped by another clients house to get rid of the second bag... old ladies go wild over that kinda thing... anyway i gave her the oranges and got a bag of gladiola bulbs in return.... i got home with 2 checks, a fat bag of oranges, a flat of strawberries, and flowers.... not a bad day....

Put Eric up a fun maple today, hung his first two tops of any significance. He was all sorts of pumped about it. Tops were cut just before this pic.
attachment.php

Then this happened. We only had the one ton with us so we dropped the chipper and barely got that truck out.
attachment.php

Drove back to town and grabbed the yota. Wanna make fun of my winch now, Mr. Sparkles?
attachment.php

I miss mine

ben8-3.jpg

theres no g in cummins bro

and just the man i need to talk to, what size are the tires on your chipper I bought the same size thats on mine now to replace them but the tire shop could not get the beads to set because they are too narrow for the rim. There was a tube in the old ones so I just put the tubes back in the new ones to get it to set but I'd like to know what size it is supposed to be

I will check for you tomorrow.

lol. My Powerchoke had plenty of umph just no traction. I'm running Cooper Discoverer S/T but haven't been too impressed. If I was smart I would have brought a chain. Once I got the truck out we hooked up an old rigging line, popped off the jack and tried to torque it out but broke the rope.:msp_scared:

what size are the tires on your chipper

We were in Riverside and my driver 'rode the curb' with a big Morbark. Newer model and tire size seem's to matter. We were at an HOA In Riverside, all those street drain's have a metal plate along the curb. Totally ruined the tire. We were in Banning near Beaumont and I went everywhere to find a tire for the chipper that has a rip and tear in the side wall. Took a while to find a 17 or maybe a 17.5, I forget.
Jeff

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back