whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some estimates today then worked on my log splitter project for a little bit and cleaned the garage. I am building a log splitter to attach to my mini. It will have a hand valve and also be able to control from the mini. It can be used in regular configuration like a table with a leg or spun upside down to place over large rounds to split with the mini controls. Oh yeah did someone say six way splitting wedge? I did.... six way splitting wedge.

34g5zrb.jpg

de09y9.jpg

35mqx69.jpg

25rzhg7.jpg

Nice! Are those chipper knives on there?

Hey, take it easy on the drunks! :)

I saw a chip truck with signage parked at one of the local bars last week... Nice advertising, lol!

My latest trinket:

b9c3d5f7179e40d4b0023856e7c7dea6.jpg

They always see me coming. I have been looking at those knives for over a month... That was the last one on the rack... Got me hook, line and sinker.

Bad news is I had a screw shear off in the anti vibe mount on my 044. Gonna have to tap it out.

Got a late start but I'm heading to town and try to get two jobs done today... Gonna be challenging with the 044 down.

Got to have two.:msp_thumbsup:

005-26.jpg

Back on Peabody's Hill, took no pics but swung half a cracked oak off the wall on the right and took down half that codom up on the left.

006-21.jpg

Finished up the cantilevers for this shelf so i put it together and oiled it.

011-12.jpg

I got a good amount of boards still from some climbing work I did for a fella years ago.

Last edited:
A quiet Saturday for me. Mowed the lawn, made a couple of BS stops, looked at 1 job. Bunch of stuff spread out through these 2 properties owned by 1 person. All pretty straight forward, dead cedars, busted branches, nothing out of the ordinary. However we get to this one cluster of a dead cherry spar about 12' tall, nice and rotten, there was a dead ash COVERED in vines about 40' tall, and then this mess which consisted of a small norway maple, some oriental bittersweet, and I believe there was a cedar in there somewhere all twisted together. I said Ok, we get rid of the 3 of them. Nope. They want to leave the rotten cherry spar, and the nasty mess of whatever it is, but take down the dead ash. The kicker of course is that they want me to SAVE all the vines, just get rid of the dead ash tree. Never had this before.

Pretty good prep job (just degreasing and sticker/decal removing).. considering I didn't have to do any of it, if I didn't want too! I'm hoping I'll get a better job out of them on account of it!
View attachment 234929

I was going to take those mud flaps off, didn't want to advertise for them, but then I thought, Who would see it, my competition, go ahead then and buy there!, LOL. Probably would set them back a bit, LOL.

Monday we're supposed to do final cleanup on Saturday's job and replace the pavers we broke, but it looks like we're getting 3-5" of snow. I heard up to 18" East of us. Unbelievable.
Phil

Monday we're supposed to do final cleanup on Saturday's job and replace the pavers we broke, but it looks like we're getting 3-5" of snow. I heard up to 18" East of us. Unbelievable.
Phil

Yeah. I just checked our weather. Rain/snow mix all week. The #### is that? It's almost MAY!!!! I just want to get this season rolling and start making some real ####### money for a change.

Just saw it on the news. That really sucks! Accumulating snow mon and tues, probably gonna take through thurs to thaw out. Sounds like the whole week is shot :angry:

Today we are gonna get 2" of rain followed by 50mph winds , and I have seen tons of seagulls this morning meaning that they don't wanna be by the shore now so I am guessing this may be a good storm , I see on the news that it should be clear in the morning but cooler so I am going to work tomorrow as usual , I hope anyway ....

Just got the rims for the bucket back from paint. They came out pretty damn good. My buddy was up till 2:30 this morning working on em.. then got up this am and realized he still has 40 lug nuts and studs to blast and paint. Lol, he's working on that now.
View attachment 235081

Last edited:
Yeah. I just checked our weather. Rain/snow mix all week. The #### is that? It's almost MAY!!!! I just want to get this season rolling and start making some real ####### money for a change.

If you're in the area they're talking about you could be making some serious storm $$$$ off of this one for a long time. Weather man is pretty bad about predictions but this one might shape up to be real.

Today i took down a monster cottonwood in my MIL and FIL yard a freebie of course, then he asks if you had to charge someone for that what would you charge?? I said, well with that half over the house and that side over power wires its a 3k job easily by the time you remove the tree,chip all the brush,grind out the stump,and clean up. He about **** himself when i said atleast 3k, i will do anything for my family but i just wish trees this big were in someone elses yard. I got a few cold beers and dinner out of it anyways then he says i gave you my daughter for free so we're even right?? I said yeah i got her for free and shes been costing me ever since. He's a great guy and im glad i could help him.

Met with my crane op and a couple other guys for lunch today. Looked at a job for a friend of mine, and stopped by another buddy's house for a little bit. To finish out the day I helped a neighbor clean out her garage and boiler room before the house sells. Looks like I might do alright, scored some hand tools and a couple of drills, a socket set, and some other BS plus she is paying for the dump fees and my time, so I can't complain.

No S$%T eh? I have a ton of stumps to do today and tomorrow! Hopefully it just stays to rain and no white stuff!Or misses us all together! I don't mind getting a little damp under my rain gear, as long as I am making $ lol! Just put the boat in at our lake and people are calling for work there! Oh well we'll wait and see what happens!

Latest posts

Back