whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally truck is running I have some bugs to work out dern donut musta went bad exhaust is loud on one side. Dump cable musta got tweaked and am going to kit the carb even though its pretty good shape. It was a royal pain but the worst is done and after I get the bugs out should be set for several years I hope!

Today? I got hauled off to IKEA by She Who Must Be Obeyed.

5 hours there, in, and back. We put a few boxes in the car, then she said she wanted to go back in for Round 2. I put on my MP3 player and fell asleep in the car waiting.

You've never seen a place so packed with pregnant women as IKEA. It's a like a commercial maternity ward.

Buck up girls.....heat's only starting. Time to seperate the men from the boys. :)

What I keep saying...
The eskimo brothers from Iowa that I work with pine for the days of moose hunting weather.
Summer sweat gets those juices flowing the way a Noreaster never could. Can't say I live for the wet clothes and hydration formations, but feels like the body is pretty cleansed after a week or so of the tropical treatment. Looking forward to August around here. Boss is going to wanna hibernate in the air conditioning for a month or so, so I'm going to get me that long-awaited-for outdoors time. Night fishing is better anyway, regardless of the catch.

What I keep saying...
The eskimo brothers from Iowa that I work with pine for the days of moose hunting weather.
Summer sweat gets those juices flowing the way a Noreaster never could. Can't say I live for the wet clothes and hydration formations, but feels like the body is pretty cleansed after a week or so of the tropical treatment. Looking forward to August around here. Boss is going to wanna hibernate in the air conditioning for a month or so, so I'm going to get me that long-awaited-for outdoors time. Night fishing is better anyway, regardless of the catch.

X2 on the night fishing. I love to fish for cats at night. That's when the biguns bite. ;)

today starts a new week. nothing on the books. (I don't understand why the phone isn't ringing) Have 2 to look at. Pray that we'll get them. Will send up some pics.

Everyone be safe....

Had a pretty good weekend.

Eric and I loaded up my 'yota Thursday night and went out to my grandpa's cabin. Friday we knocked down a few more hemlocks for my old man to mill up and put our boat in the water for a few hours. Saturday and Sunday were spent skidding out the logs and nailing on siding that had already been milled. Two sides down, two to go. For ####s and giggles we cruised down to help Dano out with a good sized tulip. I told him he should have called murphy the one cut wonder but we went old school on that ##### and had a good time. Just got in an hour back and took a shower. That's a new feeling. You can only get just so clean bathing in a creek for 4 days straight. Looking forward to sleeping in a bed tonight. That should be quite pleasant as well. Got some paperwork and phone calls to make tomorrow as we settle back into the grind. Not exactly looking forward to it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

blakester, i am a little jealous man. i want to hang with the dan too.......

It was fun, I would have invited you, but as you can see, there wasn't much room in my truck, you could have ridden on top of the canoe though...

Sounds like fun. Wish I was closer. I'm always down for a road trip. ;)

Well, I've never been to Oklahoma, so maybe we'll come to you. My 4runner just rolled over 200,000 miles on this trip and I have no doubt she'll hit 300k eventually. I gotta get a ragtop though. We lucked out during this trip without a lot of rain but that could get pretty miserable pretty quick on a long trip.

went and ground 11 stumps and the ho wanted a limb cut that broke and was hanging from a recent storm. It was simple set rope big shot body thrust 30 feet easy as I ever get. Hickory so thrusted reached tip and cut the limb in several pieces one piece was hung pretty good so I started to switch positions pulled a little slack in climb line and was making my way to the twin lead where the limb hung up. I had a dead stob to grab to sorta pull me over as I could reach one limb with foot grab stob and transfer my body to the other side. I gave a good pull on stob to see its strength seemed strong enough so started to switch and was past point of no return and yep stob broke I fell a few feet and was swung into tip lead kissing it lol. I was scratched up and thankful of that rope:cheers:PS: I should of tied in higher but it was a piece of cake ya know?

bid tow jobs today and got them. little oak cleanup for a pool company. I guess they can dig it up, but can't haul it off.. oh well need the $300... Then went to look at pecan limb hanger, ended up being 2 and a dead leader. Not bad... $700 for couple hours work. Ended up w/ $1000 day w/ just climber and 1 ground guy. hope tomorrow goes as well.

went and ground 11 stumps and the ho wanted a limb cut that broke and was hanging from a recent storm. It was simple set rope big shot body thrust 30 feet easy as I ever get. Hickory so thrusted reached tip and cut the limb in several pieces one piece was hung pretty good so I started to switch positions pulled a little slack in climb line and was making my way to the twin lead where the limb hung up. I had a dead stob to grab to sorta pull me over as I could reach one limb with foot grab stob and transfer my body to the other side. I gave a good pull on stob to see its strength seemed strong enough so started to switch and was past point of no return and yep stob broke I fell a few feet and was swung into tip lead kissing it lol. I was scratched up and thankful of that rope:cheers:PS: I should of tied in higher but it was a piece of cake ya know?

Are you gonna kiss your wife 'good-nite'?Ha Ha!
No, really, Ow! Sorry man! HaHa!
Jeff :cheers:

Back