whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch patriot trees vid and you'll know why. That lift had all end weight when I finished my cut it swung over my head.

Really shouldn't be swinging anywhere. In your pictures on some decent sized pieces it only looked like you used one sling. Why not go for two? Or even a small spider leg? If you offset two sling on straight picks like that it usually will stay in place. Get the metal clips from a towing company makes hooking slings up super fast. Keeps you from getting sap all over them also. Trees like a white pine or spruce will ruin slings.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?i2vweoe

Really shouldn't be swinging anywhere. In your pictures on some decent sized pieces it only looked like you used one sling. Why not go for two? Or even a small spider leg? If you offset two sling on straight picks like that it usually will stay in place. Get the metal clips from a towing company makes hooking slings up super fast. Keeps you from getting sap all over them also. Trees like a white pine or spruce will ruin slings.

Matt I could tear apart yer **** crane vids. I choke once and anticipate some movement because its faster. It's really not a big deal if you keep your body/face out of the way not much of a suprise.
---

Matt I could tear apart yer **** crane vids. I choke once and anticipate some movement because its faster. It's really not a big deal if you keep your body/face out of the way not much of a suprise.
---

Ya I'm sure you can since there really not made to impress they for crane demonstration purposes. I don't make them to impress more to sell cranes? As to the credits in the videos and we will be at an equipment expo in August. We get paid from more than just the customer.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yc2jhv

---

Not really a big deal. And I usually try to get away with one sling. The longer the piece The more the movement. On 20-30 foot it's just a good idea so you can hang onto your teeth.A lot of times I go with smaller picks so it doesn't take forever to get it processed. A lot of the pine/ spruce we do the limbs are to long to get them to lay on there side. At 10 foot someone has to climb it to get the sling off.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zes2ip

Last edited:
Not really a big deal. And I usually try to get away with one sling. The longer the piece The more the movement. On 20-30 foot it's just a good idea so you can hang onto your teeth. A lot of times I go with smaller picks so it doesn't take forever to get it processed. A lot of the pine/ spruce we do the limbs are to long to get them to lay on there side. At 10 foot someone has to climb it to get the sling off.

Don't know why but tap talk seems to be double posting. They just updated it.
---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zes2ip

Watch patriots video again the climber is doing a lot wrong , bad sling placement, positioning and so on. But did you notice that the operator telescoped out before cabling up. Pushing the piece towards the climber, then using the crane to break it free. I cant remember a time when I used a crane to break a piece loose.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ibok1t

Last edited:
Had to remove 5 dead elms, they where completely engulfed with vines. I hate vines, they suck no matter what.

Took out 8 trees of a 21 tree project at the local college this morning. ##### of this job is we have to be off site by 8:00am each day. Hope to finish in the next two days. Mother ####in PAY ME! Now off to do some light pruning to round out the day. Hahahahahahahahaha$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Watch patriots video again the climber is doing a lot wrong , bad sling placement, positioning and so on. But did you notice that the operator telescoped out before cabling up. Pushing the piece towards the climber, then using the crane to break it free. I cant remember a time when I used a crane to break a piece loose.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ibok1t
I didn't really watch the video 2xs but if the operator is scoping in and out I would have been a bit bitter with him for that , I mean all I saw was the piece trip up bad . I actually thought the operator did pretty by getting up quick with the load I mean I heard the crane running hard for a few seconds ..

Well went took out two dead limbs loaded it on bucket quick 250 then went loaded my old tractor needing water pump. Got home finished tinkering on my old skid steer and it may be premature to say fixed but I'm impressed with the stuff called loctite 660. My drive pulley has kept throwing keys off and on and wallered out keyway bad on the pulley, crank shaft bad but not as bad, anyway; this stuff is made for this problem. I used it to push piles I been dumping and so far it seems solid.
I wish when I bought the new motor, I had used it the first time then maybe never had to repair it. Its what you fellows would call junk lol but its handy and light does not tear yards up as bad as the bigger steers and lifts 1k and its paid for :)

Last edited:
Paid for!!

Well went took out two dead limbs loaded it on bucket quick 250 then went loaded my old tractor needing water pump. Got home finished tinkering on my old skid steer and it may be premature to say fixed but I'm impressed with the stuff called loctite 660. My drive pulley has kept throwing keys off and on and wallered out keyway bad on the pulley, crank shaft bad but not as bad, anyway; this stuff is made for this problem. I used it to push piles I been dumping and so far it seems solid.
I wish when I bought the new motor, I had used it the first time then maybe never had to repair it. Its what you fellows would call junk lol but its handy and light does not tear yards up as bad as the bigger steers and lifts 1k and its paid for :)

That's what I like to hear...Paid for. I got 5K to go on my Thomas mini skid, then all my equipment is paid for.:rock:

LOL! Now, I would of said "I prunned (pruned) tree's in the cemetary again , very nerve racking. That is why it took 7 years to compose myself and post!
Jeff :dizzy:

tree's? or is it trees? yeah, most tree guys can't spell for beans including myself LOL..

Man I hate evening appointments.. Just met with a couple a few blocks from here and spent about an hour walking around the yard. Of course they couldn't agree on anything and put me right in the middle.. Oh well, got the job and plenty more work from them in the future. Not at all concerned about price just "add it to the bill".. My kind of custys :rock:

did my first completely solo crane tree as an op all went well but had a few guys with me that never really have done crane removals before...

should I unhook the pick from the crane before I send it through the chipper????
should I stand there and look like an idiot when I need to move so I don't get crushed by this giant piece of wood that the crane is setting down???
should I try and bust my ass getting this 500lb log up a hill and 40' away by hand or should we just use the big arse crane conveniently located 10' from the log???
should I start cutting on the "other side" of the pick(once set down) so my fellow employees can just stand and watch me cut until I cut that last branch that is right on top of the chipper???
should I just go home??? yes I think you should:dizzy:

just another fun day

did my first completely solo crane tree as an op all went well but had a few guys with me that never really have done crane removals before...

should I unhook the pick from the crane before I send it through the chipper????
should I stand there and look like an idiot when I need to move so I don't get crushed by this giant piece of wood that the crane is setting down???
should I try and bust my ass getting this 500lb log up a hill and 40' away by hand or should we just use the big arse crane conveniently located 10' from the log???
should I start cutting on the "other side" of the pick(once set down) so my fellow employees can just stand and watch me cut until I cut that last branch that is right on top of the chipper???
should I just go home??? yes I think you should:dizzy:

just another fun day

LOL, I love it when the last thing cut is the closest thing to the chipper... guess common sense just isn't in the job description anymore..:dizzy:

Back