whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I earned $125 crewing for my buddy on his charter sailboat...two trips sail and swim for the cruise ship passengers...oh what a hard day it was...I mean, having to be out on the water, sailing, pulling the odd rope, and anchor...REAL nice break from tree work:givebeer:

Today I earned $125 crewing for my buddy on his charter sailboat...two trips sail and swim for the cruise ship passengers...oh what a hard day it was...I mean, having to be out on the water, sailing, pulling the odd rope, and anchor...REAL nice break from tree work:givebeer:

pictures...(bikinis pls. :))

I'm afraid I was thinking the same thing, but I am far to discreet to suggest such a thing. I'll bet having attractive and athletic sailors is just another important business aspect of running a charter sailboat.

I was also reminded of some pic's I have seen from the top of a sailboat looking down. Holy cow that's a long way down! I've never seen a sailor wearing a safety lanyard or using a lifeline, so I think they have WAY more guts than we do. Those big sailboats have hundred foot tall masts, and they rock back and forth much more than any tree ever could.

SOMEBODY has to climb up to the top of this behemoth:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Ha ha, no pics!!! The only bathing suits in sight were on the passengers, not spring chickens is how I will politely put it...

I did a lot of sailing in the past, ocean crossings and such, my hubby has the height issue so I was always the one going up the mast to fix stuff, (besides easier to pull me up)...trees are definitely easier!! They only go back and forth, not back and forth, up and down and round and round all at the same time!
Got to put a new topping lift on my buddy's mast this week, I'm going up in my tree harness, and I'll put a blake's on the rope as a backup...winches can slip!

I used to post frequently on this site a few years ago. I just stopped by to see whats up and look at some pictures. 3 years ago money earned was never mentioned. Show us your work, share your experience , enlighten us with your wisdom . Talk about money does not make us better at our craft. Instead, talk about your daily experience and help us build our skill. This is an internet forum , not a sword measuring contest.

1. Its not a contest.

2. People that brag about $ earned are unprofessional , just dont talk about money, its not cool.

3. The competent have no need to brag.

4. Everyone loves pictures

5 Post pictures

Heres my woodshed with a bunch of snow on it this past winter.

woodshedsnow.jpg

Heres my dog Fred in deep snow

fredsnow.jpg

Christmas Fred

1126091900.jpg

And heres me without proper PPE, and yes I was posing for this pic.

avitar-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pic, no foot prints in the snow, must have alot ready inside, eh?
Jeff

That shed holds next 7 years of wood , 23 cords. I have another shed closer to the house that holds 2 years worth , 7 cords. Small house, we burn 3.5 cords a year. Being years ahead with very seasoned wood and an EPA stove really keeps the wood usage to a minimum. Oak and Black Locust helps too.

How much didja make on that job?

Cant tell you, I cant remember anyways, It wouldn't be cool if I did.. I'm sure it was fair and the home owner was happy with my clean up. I like your humor though.

Last edited:
I used to post frequently on this site a few years ago. I just stopped by to see whats up and look at some pictures. 3 years ago money earned was never mentioned. Show us your work, share your experience , enlighten us with your wisdom . Talk about money does not make us better at our craft. Instead, talk about your daily experience and help us build our skill. This is an internet forum , not a sword measuring contest.

1. Its not a contest.

2. People that brag about $ earned are unprofessional , just dont talk about money, its not cool.

3. The competent have no need to brag.

4. Everyone loves pictures

5 Post pictures

Heres my woodshed with a bunch of snow on it this past winter.

woodshedsnow.jpg

Heres my dog Fred in deep snow

fredsnow.jpg

Christmas Fred

1126091900.jpg

And heres me without proper PPE, and yes I was posing for this pic.

avitar-2.jpg

I remember you.. weren't you a partimer or something.. (planes or something?)

Still showing that same tree pic eh??

Get some new material dude... and stop acting like you're one to judge anything!

This is Going to be a Long One...

Sore a bit, and some stiffness from yesterday where everything continued to go--while not altogether wrong--not quite as well as right would have been. You would have to ask the boss about that tale, as he told it better than I did, I do better at colour commentary and odd trivia...hey, it works.

Started today alright, again with the soreness from yesterday, and everything was going pretty good...until after lunch.
Lots of carrying because of cables, fences, home proximity and things in the way, but had a good time of it. Boss was working in the 'jungle' up there, and it didn't look fun, but he likes it.

To continue the after lunch tale, the power guys came back around to hook up the lines to the houses...I was keeping up, but as time wore on there was more and more on my plate, and opposing orders piled up and sapped my time and patience--won't go over it--so suffice it to say I was one-legged-Johnny-on-the-spot in my own but kicking contest.

Kept going, thinking this was a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad day. Getting worse...Not going to end pretty...despirately trying to dredge up some way to overcome the Dark Side that is building and wanting to get out...

When I hear the power guys having a break at their trucks...as if they needed so much after their labors...nevermind...anyway...they were talking, as I was carrying a few strapped bundles of branches to the trailer, about power something-or-others and how to parsinickervilify whatever they were hoosijerzering...

My third trip to the trailer I hear, "That guy is pretty damned proud of his work...look how he carries that stack and makes sure it's just so on the trailer," from the old guy.
The younger guy says, "Been watchin', and he should be proud of his work, humping his ass off down here, while that other guy sits up there in the tree doing nothing." That's all I heard, as...

I had to hurry and get around the house to the backyard quick so I wouldn't be heard laughing. Did a few more loads and paused to take a break, talking up to the boss in the tree, that as much as the day had taken a dive towards tortureville, it actually ended up pretty damned good after all...

He wanted to know why, and I said that since I didn't write about the horrors of yesterday on the site (which you should still ask him about if you dare), I would have alot of fun writing about today. He wanted to know what had happened, and I tried hard not to tell, but ended up giving in, and telling the boss what the power guys had said...

...it was a good day, after all...

...The boss's reaction was the icing on the cake...

I know if I were him, I would feel the same...

But still can't help smiling.

Sore a bit, and some stiffness from yesterday where everything continued to go--while not altogether wrong--not quite as well as right would have been. You would have to ask the boss about that tale, as he told it better than I did, I do better at colour commentary and odd trivia...hey, it works.

Started today alright, again with the soreness from yesterday, and everything was going pretty good...until after lunch.
Lots of carrying because of cables, fences, home proximity and things in the way, but had a good time of it. Boss was working in the 'jungle' up there, and it didn't look fun, but he likes it.

To continue the after lunch tale, the power guys came back around to hook up the lines to the houses...I was keeping up, but as time wore on there was more and more on my plate, and opposing orders piled up and sapped my time and patience--won't go over it--so suffice it to say I was one-legged-Johnny-on-the-spot in my own but kicking contest.

Kept going, thinking this was a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad day. Getting worse...Not going to end pretty...despirately trying to dredge up some way to overcome the Dark Side that is building and wanting to get out...

When I hear the power guys having a break at their trucks...as if they needed so much after their labors...nevermind...anyway...they were talking, as I was carrying a few strapped bundles of branches to the trailer, about power something-or-others and how to parsinickervilify whatever they were hoosijerzering...

My third trip to the trailer I hear, "That guy is pretty damned proud of his work...look how he carries that stack and makes sure it's just so on the trailer," from the old guy.
The younger guy says, "Been watchin', and he should be proud of his work, humping his ass off down here, while that other guy sits up there in the tree doing nothing." That's all I heard, as...

I had to hurry and get around the house to the backyard quick so I wouldn't be heard laughing. Did a few more loads and paused to take a break, talking up to the boss in the tree, that as much as the day had taken a dive towards tortureville, it actually ended up pretty damned good after all...

He wanted to know why, and I said that since I didn't write about the horrors of yesterday on the site (which you should still ask him about if you dare), I would have alot of fun writing about today. He wanted to know what had happened, and I tried hard not to tell, but ended up giving in, and telling the boss what the power guys had said...

...it was a good day, after all...

...The boss's reaction was the icing on the cake...

I know if I were him, I would feel the same...

But still can't help smiling.

Wow! All that and still time to describe it all! :)
Jeff

Latest posts

Back