whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got some work!

Took down two (one 70- enother 65 -footer) Picea abies [(well I had to look it up from my homework, but I did named it- so it's a step forward) whada ya think Jeff ;Old and R&S]don't look too good for me so far - way too cold (minimum has been around -7 F) and about 3 ' of snow so dont think there's going to be any presents this year - still have to go to school- thats another week of no paycheck and only expenses- looking pretty grim for Christmas for me ....:bang:

No, he doesn't do anything, pretty straight laced kid.

Blakemaster, really,lol!! Just so you know, and I will try to explain this as best I can.
He never came close to "RUNNING" the show, out of 4 guys, he was top guy, he climbed tree's, kinda why he is called a climber/foreman, now, I understand that title may represent "running" the show, but it don't, he is in charge of that job that he is doing for me, under my direction. See, now listen up, if you want to make ALOT of money, sometimes people hire other people to do things for them, some get paid more than others, the ones who get paid more, usually are in charge of the ones who get paid less, still with me?, now, when a owner/Arborist hires a guy to do work for him, does that mean that the Arborist goes home, no, it means he is out working on getting more work for HIS employees, fixing equipment, making contacts, sitting on boards, meeting with accountants, insurance, working with city's on projects for future, checking job sites! I am on every job, at the start and finish and a few times in between if large enough. I am sure the guys here can add hundreds of other little task that need to be done everyday. Its called check and balance, or "inspect what you expect" ultimately called "Management", its in the dictionary. Now I could be a "control freak" like you describe yourself, I however, do not believe in Micro Management, I don't want a bunch of mongols that cant think for themselves, that have to be told every single thing that I want them to do. See, I like guys who have Initiative, Responsibility, Work Ethic and Pride. I had that with this kid, like I said, his performance in the craft was great, when he showed his butt, I canned it. He knew what he did was wrong, and accepted the canning. He may be back, but not until he can control his temper. A small task for some, big task for many.

Skill and Experience,
Blakemaster, those words is in the dictionary too!

I tried to say it nice but you couldn't get it. You're a hack, beaner. You let wood scrounges come on your jobsite and do your work. You run a half assed crew that fights and yells on the jobsite. Your lead man is a 25 year old punk who thinks fast cars and big trucks are the meaning in life. You hire guys as "sub contractors" so you can get around WC and payroll taxes. And you just got in a tree for the first time this year. You seriously remind me of my first boss. Same way he did ####, and he'll struggle the rest of his life to pay the bills, borrow from Peter to pay Paul, taking down payments on work so he can pay his garage bills. All the #### that kept him off the jobsite was stuff that any idiot can do. You think I don't meet with my accountant, my lawyer, prospective clients, contractors, work on my equipment, and all the things that go into running a business? Somehow I still manage to take down every tree we do. It's called using a phone and managing your time. I don't look for excuses to leave the jobsite like a lot of guys do. Now's the time you and TV chime in with the ol' "you run a small, two man operation and don't have the responsibilities that we do" , great, that's why I gave the example of my second boss. He runs ten times the show you do and was still there all the time.

BTW, I do find it quite amusing that my comment regarding you spending a bit more time on the jobsite got you more riled up than TV's accusation that you're a greedy mother ####er who wanted to fire his employees rather than pay unemployment. Perhaps mine hit a bit closer to home?

Took down two (one 70- enother 65 -footer) Picea abies [(well I had to look it up from my homework, but I did named it- so it's a step forward) whada ya think Jeff ;Old and R&S]don't look too good for me so far - way too cold (minimum has been around -7 F) and about 3 ' of snow so dont think there's going to be any presents this year - still have to go to school- thats another week of no paycheck and only expenses- looking pretty grim for Christmas for me ....:bang:

:yourock:
Cheer up, everything always works out! :clap:
Jeff

Hey vet here the old skid!

065.jpg

not pretty but effective needs that orange paint ehhh?

One day - when I will have A big and rich company like that I will consider of buying equipment like that- actually no - I just hire couple of illegals and dont need all that machinery!!!!!!

Lol that big rich ass company is me and it ain't rich yet!

Back