whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freebie for my Mom.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would definitely like to go, but total is going to be around 2,5K :( - I hasn't made so much in whole December!!! :rant:

I hear you.. my wife was checking on ticket costs.. but have not heard yet. As I am associate, if I take my wife would be around $900 US if I recall for actual event. I doubt I will go unless tickets are only a couple of hundred each, too many other costs going on.

YEEFNHAA! Finally got a lil snow to push, about a foot with high winds means drifts which mean a second pass which mean more cash for keeping my eyes upon the road and my hands upon the wheel. And I did wake up and have myself a beer.
Actually I didn't have to wake up, I made sure that I had at least 24 hours on me before heading out at 3am. Just the one beer for breakfast then off to Wawa to stock up on 5 Hour Energy.
One of the things I did while getting ready to go out was throw this semi-portable R light set up on.

cars007.jpg

The wires just run down the roof and into the door like that.

cars009.jpg

nad then plugs into power point and hot glue gunned to the dash.

cars010.jpg

Considering I didn't even have R lights on that truck last year its a big improvement.

Also, I had a shotgun rider this year so I doubled my accounts, drove steady and pretty much kept my feet dry. I have to say I thought I was gonna have to rub the kid's tushy in order for him to get out and shovel. I told him the squeegee was easier but he didn't beleive me and when it came to doing Joan Conroy's back steps? Well,I had told her that we would make sure the upper level entrance was clear but these steps would have to wait and we were not going to make it priority. So even after the kid did it ( cause I sure wasn't) it still wasn't clear so I threw about 5 pounds of calcium down on the walks plus we salt the drive.
Anyway she calls me up cause the office she rents isn't clear. I said I will head over and the place has been packed down with cars every where. The place is on the road by an intersection, the lot is gravel and I would have to push shortways instead of longways and I would be on and off the road with the traffic. I again dumped the cal and was done. She came out and said the dogs tracked the #### all through her house and was in its feet and this and that and laadeedaa.
No big deal, I will look in the pet store for something that won't kill the pets I guess. Hell, The dust was on my face and I was breathing it. And Joan does understand our plight, she's an interior decorator, smokes a lot of thin cigs and sounds like it and I am glad she has never taken to hollering at me over stuff like this but she can be a pain.
She told me the last tree service she had came in the house and stole. Joan has been a client of mine for about 6 years and I told her that she should probably not tell people they can use your bathroom then leave your house. She lives around the corner from me, when I first met her I was in her kitchen when she told me she works 45 minutes away all day and she would leave the door open for me if I needed to use the bathroom or route through her underwear drawer. Allright, not the underwear but I did tell her we have a bathroom of our own and that under most circumstances there would be no reason that tree guys need to go in houses and its best if they are kept outside but if they are brought inside then serious preperation and supervision would be needed. So..

I stopped at the top of Peabody's hill to drop of a few bags of salt before going back down, so I go down and yell up to the kid to start tossing salt down on the hill. I turned around to do the bottom and hear something coming sliding down the hill behind me. IT WAS A 50 LB BAG OF SALT! Well, that was quite a moment:bang: but we got right back on track pretty quick.

Then I had to duck a guy who slid through a stop sign out onto a major road into me and oncoming traffic. I sure wasn't hitting the brakes so i steered right where the guy was coming from. When my front end was passed his rear I cut the wheel and hit the gas, spun around right along his opposite side to where to had back up off the road. He looked over at us with fearful look , I gave both thumbs up and started hollering the theme to Smokey and the Bandit then let him play through while I had a smoke.

Then we found Shearon stuck out there in the middle of nowhere with a 2 wheel drive dually. He was stuck on flat land which is amazing considering it was the only peice of flat land around for miles. We don't know how he got there but he did. I couldn't push him though I tried front and back. Either he was stupid or my truck was to small. What do you guys think? So I cleared what I could from around him and left him to die but we saw him a few minutes later going down the road again. I guess he should have had a spreader with that truck.

Other than that I guess nothing spectactular except the view and I am sorry no pics this time cause its nice.
All in all the first run was 12 glorious hours and the second was 4. Banging! By the way that was last week. I have been in a coma for the last 4 days.

Last edited:
Any hints as to how to get a pic inserted in the thread now dano?

It's actually pretty funny that I just firgured it out, and now "the change" comes, though. I have to admit.

ATTACH]

The tail gate finally pretty much fell off the old dump. I gotta gimp it along with some treeguy welding, till I can afford two new bodies (hopefully next year).

Okay, I give up on that for now! grr..

Last edited:
If you add your image inline from the upload box then preview post, that will give you a "hyperlink" (clickable link) You can right click on that link and click "copy link location" Then click on the "insert image" icon. It will pop up a box for an address. Right click in the box and paste the address there.

166503-img_20101230_195223-%5B800x600%5D-jpg

Last edited:
Well today started out sucky and finished much the same , I just back from putting down my dog ... Needless to say the kids are a wreck and we are supposed to be having a party tonight but right about now I can't be bothered

Thanks guys. I'll have to work on the pic thing again next time I'm feelin it.

Sorry to hear about your dog treeclimber. That sucks. We had to take my old shepard to the vet this morning too. He had to get some stitches removed from a (hopefully) non cancerous tumor on his rear leg. At 125lbs, and 11 years old, I know that his time is gonna be coming all too soon though.

Oh well, time to catch up on some drinking now..

Happy new year AS!

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Guys..

Will be signing off, have some final items to do before guests arrive.

Been a good 2010.. and may 2011 be even better for us all!!

Will be thinking and praying for ya all.. keep safe.. and don't drink and drive.. (or operate a saw)..

View attachment 166503

Slowly working on servicing all the equipment finally. Better late than never I guess (just trying to see if I can still post a pic really).

From where I am standing a coma would be a better choice by far. I am also doing some work to the equipment. The old boom on the crane was a joke by far.

cars006-1.jpg

Now with a set of much needed outriggers

playtable002.jpg

And Mds, that ain't no tree truck tailgate ya ninny! I did have a mason dump like that and lost the gate under the chips, one of the best things to ever happen to me.

Well today started out sucky and finished much the same , I just back from putting down my dog ... Needless to say the kids are a wreck and we are supposed to be having a party tonight but right about now I can't be bothered

Sorry to hear about your dog. Crap happens.. too bad it has to happen on a night you are trying to have party though.

Again......every cell that initiates in the cambium or other meristem is in reaction to something. You have made no earth shattering statement.

I never claimed to be doing so, I'm just saying that the research has moved on since Shigo coined the phrase.

I also agree with you in that each cell reacts to it's surroundings, but there has to be a base-line morphology for a given cell type. If the tissue in a given area is altered because of asymetrical pressure, it reacts in a given way. That there is a similarity between them all is logical, because they serve the same purpose.

To me Shigo was a great thinker in or field of science, I am not comparing myself to him (yet, maybe when I am 75 I can :laugh:) Though I do think that some of his statements were counter-productive. i.e. "never prune root', anyone who does root pruning knows nothing about tree biology." This does not take into consideration girdling roots and several other problems that require root removal. Sure it can shorten the life of the tree, but so will an SGR.

Another one was his unwillingness to be pinned down on which is worse, stub or flush, one place he writes that you have to be exact all the time, another he writes 95% (Or some such, I go from memory). To me it is a far, far better thing to stub a little then to flush at all.

rant-off Alex and the Shigonuts and games of "Shigo Says" send me into a tizzy :laugh:

I want another "rant" smiley, I'm not angry

Back