whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sat in front of a computer terminal for the better part of 11 hours pushing stupid useless pieces of paper from point a to b, while wishing I was doing something else, except for the obscene amount of $$$ I am getting to be up here. Third person in a week quit/retired/was pushed out the door today, incuding my ex boss last week.......what a train wreck of a place.

Climbed a big knarly red oak leaning 30 degrees over roof. Stated about 1:00 pm and left at 6 I ground some big stump before going up and had to come down to reset speed line for the wifey. I almost got er done finish tomorrow wore my arse out though gotta get a raptor soon:)

I have a cpl ratty pics from a cell that don't do it justice. I'm going to pick it up nxt week if the title gets here quick enough.

It's a 00 international forestry package 4700 DT466.
ALC 55
50K on the chassis
Motor fully rebuilt 2500hrs ago
Boom pistons and cables replaced 2 yrs ago
Newer rubber all around
Turn key truck
Any guesses on what I paid?
(Blakes you're not allowed to guess)

Which one did you end up with? And how'd you get service records out of that guy? lol. I get too easily frustrated when sellers don't call me back, and if it's who I think it is that guy was the worst! Cheers to ya though! Pm me the deets.

has been a long day~spoke with "the pope" and forumed with rope
looked at some trees and stuff.
Walkin the mile the lean green mile after all its what we do.
Now my friends we are growing near to the start of another season.
UWTT underway all our pal the main focus and reason.
Stanley Cup fever is ready to go
Birds are chirpin away with the snow~
Sleep well AS doods, been a slice!:moon:

Hey vet I see you lurking I have a question the geckos I have are for girly calves they dig in do you think the fiber backing could be heated and spread out a little?

I took out a pin oak, was up in the tree and could hear screetching, looked up and seen a baby squiirel hangin on for dear life from a little branch, I rescued him, took him down to my father-in-law, go back up, could hear more, find the nest with another baby trying not to fall out. I get him too, take him down. Get home take them to my F-I-L'S house, the have a moma pomeraninan that is nursin pups, let her check them out, SHES NURSIN THEM! SO COOL!!
I hope they survive! Gonna hopefully raise them and let them go in my yard. Bill, the guy who trained me did this for years, has an army of squirrels patrolling his place, show up with out nuts and they will be POed! Gus and Otis are the names, gonna get pics of the dog nursin them!

I know, I know, not gonna start carrying home every baby bird, ant nest and so on! just couldnt let them die, the one was a fighter as he knew enough to hold on to that branch, one arm, 50ft up!

Last edited:
I have a cpl ratty pics from a cell that don't do it justice. I'm going to pick it up nxt week if the title gets here quick enough.

It's a 00 international forestry package 4700 DT466.
ALC 55
50K on the chassis
Motor fully rebuilt 2500hrs ago
Boom pistons and cables replaced 2 yrs ago
Newer rubber all around
Turn key truck
Any guesses on what I paid?
(Blakes you're not allowed to guess)

60 footer or 55?

Hey vet I see you lurking I have a question the geckos I have are for girly calves they dig in do you think the fiber backing could be heated and spread out a little?

Lot of times I just walk out and leave the puter on.

Not familiar with the geckos but thinking bout buying a pair.

How bout a pict? I got the big spread out Euc velcro pads and they are comfortable for years.

60 footer or 55?

The boom itself is a 55. I'm new to ALC, and do not know if that means total working height with truck, or stick height only. I know the "stinger" (mid section of boom that hangs of the back of the truck) sticks out further than my altec, but the bucket on the ALC sits back much further on the crash cab than my altec,

I'm going to measure it up against my Altec when I bring it home next week. Hopefully it will be the same working height, although it looks as though it may be a tit shorter than the altec LRIII on the GMC 7500 chassis.

The boom itself is a 55. I'm new to ALC, and do not know if that means total working height with truck, or stick height only. I know the "stinger" (mid section of boom that hangs of the back of the truck) sticks out further than my altec, but the bucket on the ALC sits back much further on the crash cab than my altec,

I'm going to measure it up against my Altec when I bring it home next week. Hopefully it will be the same working height, although it looks as though it may be a tit shorter than the altec LRIII on the GMC 7500 chassis.

Either 55' or 60 wh (5' above the floor fully extended measured from ground).....that reach is gonna be just fine Ryan.

You guys gotta learn my limb hanging technique and then you can remove a 100 foot tree with that bucket and not tie up the gm with all that silly lowering stuff.:D

ps didn't ALC go outta biz?

Last edited:
Either 55' or 60 wh (5' above the floor fully extended measured from ground).....that reach is gonna be just fine Ryan.

ps didn't ALC go outta biz?

ps...didn't ALC go outta biz?
You guys gotta learn my limb hanging technique and then you can remove a 100 foot tree with that bucket and not tie up the gm with all that silly lowering stuff.:D

Well I'd like to learn that "limb hangin technique" Vet... We did 5 90" oaks with the altec last fall without climbing out, it was fun,, had some decent size pieces flying off, and some we had to porty. It's more just "size" envy between the two booms LOL. I'm sure we'll be fine....

ALC DID go oout of biz. Fortunately, NOTHING they use in their booms was manufactured by them. They were more of an assembly plant. There are several well qualified companies that source parts, and work on these booms. They will be serviceable for years to come.

attachment.php

Here's the pic for everyone. Like I told Ducati, I think 55 is the work on height of this unit. The similar ALC setups I've looked at that were 60 footers, looked the same but the bucket extended out over the cab quite a bit more. Like they used the same bottom boom as seen here and added 5 foot onto the top. But I could be wrong. Still, a steal of a deal for the price. Especially with a fresh rebuild on the motor and new pistons and cables on the boom. How many hours on it?

attachment.php

Here's the pic for everyone. Like I told Ducati, I think 55 is the work on height of this unit. The similar ALC setups I've looked at that were 60 footers, looked the same but the bucket extended out over the cab quite a bit more. Like they used the same bottom boom as seen here and added 5 foot onto the top. But I could be wrong. Still, a steal of a deal for the price. Especially with a fresh rebuild on the motor and new pistons and cables on the boom. How many hours on it?

Hey thanks Chris!

ALC DID go oout of biz. Fortunately, NOTHING they use in their booms was manufactured by them. They were more of an assembly plant. There are several well qualified companies that source parts, and work on these booms. They will be serviceable for years to come.

From what the guy at ALC told me ( consider the source here ) they aren't out of business, they'll still be operating out of the same shop, but they're road service crew is going to need to be rebuilt again. They sold the company to someone else and part of the deal forced them to file for bankruptcy protection so the new company didn't incur all of ALC's bad debt.

Latest posts

Back