whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took down another big Cherry yesterday ..

The job became much more involved once I got up into the tree for a good look, another big leaner and I had to do extensive support rigging to trust it to take the shock load from dropping the top. It was right over a fancy chicken coop with prize chickens in it. I told the HO that if it went wrong to plan on a chicken dinner.

With JohnBoy on the rope it stopped right above the chickens and their home without much shock at the point that I was riding the big stick that was left. Caused quite a buzz with the chickens though, they must have bought the sky was falling.

The customer added $200 to an $1800 price for the work after seeing the trouble I went to to make it safe to climb. This after me telling them that I never raise my prices once quoted. They also told me that they did have a $1600 bid for the job but went with me because of my awesome A-List reputation. I'm going back Friday for another tree and to collect all the large Cherry rounds we left there.

Lol over 90 its 90 at 6am yesterday it was 105 with 115 heat index, one hot mofo today may be worse and humid is terrible. I live for it lol:) Anyway its dangerously hot here bro and has been since May and will be til Oct. Mr wood holder thinks its hot at 79 omg, if he only stepped in my shoes one day he would understand the true meaning of heat exhaustion. You have been hot for there and 90 is hot but 105 is brutal and you get lethargic and move at a snail pace or else you'll fall out. Anyway got to go clean up the four take downs from yesterday c ya l8ter:cheers:this is 8 am temps todayhttp://image.weather.com/images/maps/current/acttemp_600x405.jpg

said upper nineties ropey, not that far from 105. But Viet Nam in the 120 range and humid (jungle duh) is far and away the worse I seen.

Sissies like Mr. woodie grabber couldn't hang in this man's weather :-}

said upper nineties ropey, not that far from 105. But Viet Nam in the 120 range and humid (jungle duh) is far and away the worse I seen.

Actual temp right now is 111 and we the hottest in the nation index must be 125! On this damn day my boom broke on the grapple truck and i was in full sun trying to get it in the rest without getting killed. I finally got it secure and am at home hiding under air #### this ####:rant:

Actual temp right now is 111 and we the hottest in the nation index must be 125! On this damn day my boom broke on the grapple truck and i was in full sun trying to get it in the rest without getting killed. I finally got it secure and am at home hiding under air #### this ####:rant:

in that kinda heat its hard to keep moving we got up to around 105 with humidity at one point and it was almost unbearable to drag brush.

in that kinda heat its hard to keep moving we got up to around 105 with humidity at one point and it was almost unbearable to drag brush.

Today may be hottest ever here 111 actual is way too ####in hot lol:monkey:
Im thinking of scrapping everything selling and moving to canada or Alaska lol

Became a bucket baby...now, I am ruined for life....but it sure is easier on my old knees
Shocked me how quick I could pile up a tree...jeez...

ya its almost not worth going out because production goes way down. i had to stop every five minutes and drink a gatoraid and i didnt take a leak all day if i remember correctly.

that kinda heat also scares me a little because some of my employees are in thier late 50's i dont want anyone having a heat stroke or worse.

today was nice tho we had a lite rain all day was actually kinda nice to work in except we where cutting a silver maple and i kept banging up my knees all day everytime my boots slipped. like walking on ice.

razor edge wit displayed here. should be acknowledged. just sayin. :popcorn:

Yeah, that was kinda weak, I gotta admit. At least it was alcohol induced though...

What you gonna be sayin in a couple years (or less maybe?) when you get to the job site, and realize you left your grill back at the ranch soaking in polident Mick... or does kyle double check that for ya before you leave the lot??

Like I said, I'm guessing you more bark than bite (and mostly from memory) at this point.

Happy touring though! :cheers:

Yeah, that was kinda weak, I gotta admit. At least it was alcohol induced though...

What you gonna be sayin in a couple years (or less maybe?) when you get to the job site, and realize you left your grill back at the ranch soaking in polident Mick... or does kyle double check that for ya before you leave the lot??

Like I said, I'm guessing you more bark than bite (and mostly from memory) at this point.

Happy touring though! :cheers:

AA....................Uh..I am Aerialist

MDSchwanz.......No......uh uh....uh....you are aerial lisp

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I feel for ya ole rope.
I was out there this time last year.Sent the wife a pic of the bank sign across the street from the wafflehouse we were eating dinner at, 830 at night= 106 actual temp.

Got to mid 90s here today,humidity thru the stratosphere . Grinding stumps ,I had the leaf blower tied to the box sat at high idle the whole time.At least it made it tollerable.

I'll help you if you move to alaska,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but only June thru Aug.lol

Oh BTW made a wopping 200 minus 20 in gas only to be rewarded with a jack shaft bearing taking a puke.

Somedays the pigeon,some days the statue.

Last edited:
AA....................Uh..I am Aerialist

MDSchwanz.......No......uh uh....uh....you are aerial lisp

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

That's alot of teeth grinning there old man! now ease them into the polident and go drink some prune juice, like a good old feller! :laugh::laugh:

And there's nothing wrong with Antiques Roadshow, I have found it quite relaxing to fall asleep to in the past actually..

Please keep them vids a coming!!!

Last edited:
today was nice tho we had a lite rain all day was actually kinda nice to work in except we where cutting a silver maple and i kept banging up my knees all day everytime my boots slipped. like walking on ice.

this morning was sweat city, after that was a nice day once i was wet it was breezy felt good. Real nice place in Fox Chapel too cooler full of drinks for us. To bad it was large walnut up rooted down the hill, and we couldn't reach it with the crane.

Lol over 90 its 90 at 6am yesterday it was 105 with 115 heat index, one hot mofo today may be worse and humid is terrible. I live for it lol:) Anyway its dangerously hot here bro and has been since May and will be til Oct. Mr wood holder thinks its hot at 79 omg, if he only stepped in my shoes one day he would understand the true meaning of heat exhaustion.

Sorry that joke went over your head rope, it was all sarcasm. So far we have had 83 mins. that have exceeded 80 in 2011 in seattle. The few days that I can remember that were 90 or over, I felt half drunk and made choices I wouldn't have made in cooler temps. Stay safe out there.

I'm sure you went to Nam to get away from ohio, what a dump. Wouldn't even stop in your state for gas. Glad your still thinkin bout me though.

Fantastic CL score ! All this for 100 bucks!

001-11.jpg

003-9.jpg

Also this box full of cool stuff.

004-11.jpg

Plus a big box of training wire. I think there are 25 pots.

Last edited:
Note to self, put foot in chipper feed wheels. Why do I even read this #### anymore? AA, buy a real chipper, and push 6 inch stubs in with your foot, or trip on a running chainsaw already. I did a real easy job today. Woulda been a 500 dollar hour, if jr didnt clog the chute for the first time ever. Those soaking wet spruces dont go thru to well. "this is what the feed bar is for kid",. Luckily he didnt jam it bad. Went back, ground stumps. If I had the Branch manager 38 special, woulda been one truck, .............ttyl

Latest posts

Back