whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do appriciate the help though man.. tell Pablo I said thanks again too! Gotta see if I can get a check today maybe. :)

We don't tell him anything , treat him like a mushroom keep him in the dark and feed him #### and that is the way he likes it ..... If you say thanks to him he wants a raise and he already does alright .... LOl just kidding I will tell him when I see him that DJ Paully C says bueno trabajo :hmm3grin2orange: He is the man though he eats trees up and makes me look bad .... I guess you missed him grab up that 11ft piece of ash put it on his shoulder and carry it up the hill , that was a first for me ....

Last edited:
RE: Frozen Willow

... I would think you will be fine with the willer it is still going to be awhile before the wood freezes through.

That's what I'm hoping. The tree was scary enough for me without the problem of freezing. With overnight temps in the 20's though it won't be long though so it is a priority for me to get this project done.

Got my 201T back from Brad today. Gotta admit, that thing is a serious beast. I'd put it up against any 200T. Kinda disappointing Stihl ####ed the dog and didn't make it right from the factory and I was forced to spend ( between shipping and Brad's fees ) another hundo to get it right, but it runs now. I mean, reeeeeaaaally runs.

Got my 201T back from Brad today. Gotta admit, that thing is a serious beast. I'd put it up against any 200T. Kinda disappointing Stihl ####ed the dog and didn't make it right from the factory and I was forced to spend ( between shipping and Brad's fees ) another hundo to get it right, but it runs now. I mean, reeeeeaaaally runs.

That is awesome! I am hoping that your vaginal canal dries out enough so that you can work friday and saturday too! lol..

That is awesome! I am hoping that your vaginal canal dries out enough so that you can work friday and saturday too! lol..

I hear ya. I feel bad that you gotta cut your own trees down tomorrow, you remember how to do it ol' timer? Don't worry, I already bought my cot. Something tells me sleeping in the shop will be a better deal than having to talk with turbo kyle and feign interest in his bad ass nova for another night.

I hear ya. I feel bad that you gotta cut your own trees down tomorrow, you remember how to do it ol' timer? Don't worry, I already bought my cot. Something tells me sleeping in the shop will be a better deal than having to talk with turbo kyle and feign interest in his bad ass nova for another night.

Man, I hear ya there! He just stopped by with his 19 yo worker kid, and I basically cut him to ribbons right in front of him! lol, that kid got some ammo! lol.

Removed a live oak and part of a gray pine (digger pine) today.
Dang Spider jack 2 got ceased up by pitch from the pine, what a headache..:(....will have to finish digger tomorrow....
Used my new stihl ms 200 rear handle to buck up that live oak, what a sweet saw, light, good power and easy on gas!

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

So yesterday at about 4, we finished up pruning 3 big maples, had awesome access to all of them , had been moving the truck around, driving in and out of the driveway moving from tree to tree. All done check in hand, pulling out of the driveway, and bang, I caught the service wire on my bucket, rip it out at the pole, killing the power to the street. Wire lands on my truck, I bail instantly, wrong move I know! I had driven under this wire several times with a foot of clearance. The only thing I can think of is the wind. We were getting some pretty good gust all day, sporadic but very strong. I think the wind was bouncing it around and as I was pulling out, it hooked on something. So then I am sitting there on a busy road, with the power company out there in all their glory, looking like a douche...........freakin great. That is the first time I have ever pulled a wire and it will be the last! Cant wait to get the bill, have their big boss scheduled for a oak prune next month, hopefully he will get it taken care of for me.

Don't sweat it.

So yesterday at about 4, we finished up pruning 3 big maples, had awesome access to all of them , had been moving the truck around, driving in and out of the driveway moving from tree to tree. All done check in hand, pulling out of the driveway, and bang, I caught the service wire on my bucket, rip it out at the pole, killing the power to the street. Wire lands on my truck, I bail instantly, wrong move I know! I had driven under this wire several times with a foot of clearance. The only thing I can think of is the wind. We were getting some pretty good gust all day, sporadic but very strong. I think the wind was bouncing it around and as I was pulling out, it hooked on something. So then I am sitting there on a busy road, with the power company out there in all their glory, looking like a douche...........freakin great. That is the first time I have ever pulled a wire and it will be the last! Cant wait to get the bill, have their big boss scheduled for a oak prune next month, hopefully he will get it taken care of for me.

This is why it is good to carry a camera with you and take lot's of pictures.

As long as your truck height is below.....13'6". ( Illinois ). You shouldn't have a problem.

Wires slip.....poles sag......poles snap.......

(hard to sit tight with wires on truck)

This is why it is good to carry a camera with you and take lot's of pictures.

As long as your truck height is below.....13'6". ( Illinois ). You shouldn't have a problem.

Wires slip.....poles sag......poles snap.......

(hard to sit tight with wires on truck)

yeah, as long as your are within limits you should be the one with a complaint.

Wait, was it the house drop? I think that's your fault. If it happened over the public street you should be OK. Glad you didn't burn though.

Latest posts

Back