whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad had a house 619 and 1/2 E. Marion St. It was right behind the Caddy dealership which was across from the county jail. My brother and I would sneak through the dealership at night, get on the roof and fire bottle rockets at the jailhouse wall. What was that , King st? Zangari's ring a bell?
I used to go to the ropes course at the public pool. Ever been? I think its still there. Used to go to McCaskey. After school we would ride our bikes behind the school to where the old man would fire rock salt at us. We could hear the shot then the salt rain down on the tree leaves. I forget the old man's name.
Used to ride our bikes out to Strasburg to see the trains. There was a cool army navy store in downtown Lancaster. The Delorean dealer by the train station. The Hoar House? Ride out to the junkyards and come back with 50 mil in hubcaps. There where some other cool places to ride around the town. We used to go to the BMX track in Lititz ( pronounced- Le tits).
My dad worked for a publishing house, they had a piper and would let me fly. They taught me how to pull zero g's which was their fault. I think the airport was right outside of town past the stockyards on the road to Le tits. What was that 511, 501? One of those roads. I worked on a dairy farm out around Manheim. Used to tube the Conastoga from Ephrata to I don't know where... Brownstown? I had a girlfriend there, still remember her cute little...

Didn't happen to be Kreiders where you worked in Manheim, did it? My old man worked there in the early 80's. Was actually a pretty good job, $1500 a month with free housing and all the milk and eggs you and your family could handle. I was born not to far away. Spent some time in Blueball before moving north. Still have family in LeTits. lol What's with the names of towns down there? Lititz, Blueball, Intercourse? Some repressed amish folk for sure.

Killing coyotes never sat well with me, must be the mans best friend thing. When I grew up in NH friends would shoot them out of the back of pick up trucks, it was open season year round on them. Never had the drive to kill inedible **** though. Prolly cause I was blessed with good looks above avg height and a big dhick.

Good thing I don't care how it sits with you or anyone else. Maybe you should try you some coyote, taste like chicken! Might make the little thing you call a hick grow to man size.

Anyone who doesn't know why coyotes are a nuisance species and need to be kept in check is totally ignorant of modern wildlife management, especially concerning the protection of livestock. And I wouldn't waste my breath trying to explain it to them.

Just talk to the farmers and hunters in ID and MT about the re-introduction of wolves!:angry:

Ranchers are more then compensated for the small and overated loss of livestock from wolves, its welfare for them. Everything is here for a reason, think of it as one more thing to shoot at finally tax dollars put to use. Have at it, I really don't care in the end. While your home at 11 on a friday night playing with that dead dog, im headed out to bring home some trim.

Believe me, You reach a certain point in life when you realize it's better to let the trim come to you. But you've got miles to go grasshopper.

Har har har. Laugh it up you ol' bugger. :msp_tongue: How you gonna get that heavy cable out to me? Don't think they make an offroad Jazzy scooter, do they? 'Cause a unit like this won't be able to drag your old butt out there with the cable in tow. lol

Disability-Scooters.jpg

Now dontcha go underestimatin us here rednecks :)

Redneck Mobility Scooter.wmv - YouTube

How's about tryin' one one of these instead?:rock:View attachment 217362

Lol. Now you're talking! Unfortunately, I can't even bend my leg today, so even that seems like it would be painful. maybe I need a willow bark salad, or some ####! You know it's bad when I can't even reach the tip of my foot to put my sock on.. thank god for vicodin...

Edit: and I had three or four estimates on the same road set up.. but no, more of the recliner! Grr... I mean I'll still get to them eventually, but ya can't even sell work like this!

Last edited:
Nice buck, Husky. I'm glad deer season is almost over too, I had a great archery season and a pretty good gun season. I've been shooting ducks the last couple weeks, or trying to. They haven't really showed up yet, not cold enough. Killed a greenwing teal and one black duck this am.

We don't have coyotes here yet, but I hear they're coming. I shot one in Calif. with my .300 ultramag when I went hog hunting last year.

Manulife only covers up to $400/year. A years worth (2 treatments) at $800 ($400/knee) = $1600.:eek2:

Old "Tommy Boy" hasn't hit our benefit plan yet, but he's still looking for all that gravey.

Something is better than nothing, so I won't complain too loudly.

27 years of climbing, 20 years of MX, lots of sports and many years of foolish stunts have taken their toll. If these treatments hold off knee(s) replacement, I'll pay.
I look at it as another cost of doing business....... Mmmmm, I wonder if I can write it off:msp_confused:

Yep, you should be able to write some of it off.:msp_w00t:

Didn't happen to be Kreiders where you worked in Manheim, did it? My old man worked there in the early 80's. Was actually a pretty good job, $1500 a month with free housing and all the milk and eggs you and your family could handle. I was born not to far away. Spent some time in Blueball before moving north. Still have family in LeTits. lol What's with the names of towns down there? Lititz, Blueball, Intercourse? Some repressed amish folk for sure.

It was the Miller's farm. 1981-82
I don't bother the Amish, they don't bother me.

Ranchers are more then compensated for the small and overated loss of livestock from wolves, its welfare for them. Everything is here for a reason, think of it as one more thing to shoot at finally tax dollars put to use. Have at it, I really don't care in the end. While your home at 11 on a friday night playing with that dead dog, im headed out to bring home some trim.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Just watched Hankus Stamper barber chair one onto JoeBen... again.

Anyone who walks away from a cut like he did ought to be ashamed. Its tough, I know, but you can never be that sure of yourself.

Back