whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries about that matt, TV is gone, he was the only one that got all bent outa shape everytime someone posted a pic of something shinny

I do like the colors you guys use I have been talking to a guy about painting the hoods of our trucks a different color to try and make them standout more.

I went and knocked my little stump job out today ahead of the snow we are supposed to get. I'm scheduled for the next two snow days. We are only supposed to get 3 inches or so so if I can get in to them I will. Should be no problem as long as the ground stays frozen.

Oh yeah, SJ, I ran that short down in my Rayco. My toggle switch between the ignition and engage switch had gone bad. I replaced it and problem solved.

This morning finished off packing in individual servings x 91 scalloped potato and beef stroganoff for a local walk in centre for people in transition...we cooked yesterday....I also made 31 two cup servings of pasta with meat sauce with the sauce I froze from the garden last summer and made about 50 turkey sandwiches which we took over there yesterday. A ministry at the Church I attend. Gotta do something with my time while not at work so volunteering fills the bill back to pounding nails framing for three days this upcoming week :).

Oh yeah, SJ, I ran that short down in my Rayco. My toggle switch between the ignition and engage switch had gone bad. I replaced it and problem solved.

glad ya found it. that's where I'll begin my search, hopefully its the same deal

Just got back from taking down a 4' Silver Maple, house and deck on 1 side. Lot's of big free falls threading the needle and making it rain. The guy took his clothes line down so I angled 3 long leads in between the steel T posts. He say's it's OK if you hit a post, I said I won't. A couple of those leads were the old cut and swing out at the last second, as I was only 10' off the ground and needed the hinge wood to hit the mark. That always makes for an intense slam when the butt finally comes off. Only rigged down 2 leads the rest either got bombed or set a pull rope and bombed em'.

Felt good swinging from a rope today (although I would rather not on a Sunday), wife was at work too so I went for it. Have 2 saws to sharpen now, all those old Silvers have dirt in the middle.

Just got back from taking down a 4' Silver Maple, house and deck on 1 side. Lot's of big free falls threading the needle and making it rain. The guy took his clothes line down so I angled 3 long leads in between the steel T posts. He say's it's OK if you hit a post, I said I won't. A couple of those leads were the old cut and swing out at the last second, as I was only 10' off the ground and needed the hinge wood to hit the mark. That always makes for an intense slam when the butt finally comes off. Only rigged down 2 leads the rest either got bombed or set a pull rope and bombed em'.

Felt good swinging from a rope today (although I would rather not on a Sunday), wife was at work too so I went for it. Have 2 saws to sharpen now, all those old Silvers have dirt in the middle.
and man are they stump teeth destroyers , I mean I can retooth a cutter take out 1 silver stump and when I am done there half wiped

and man are they stump teeth destroyers , I mean I can retooth a cutter take out 1 silver stump and when I am done there half wiped

Yeah they are. I have the Greenteeth on my super duper stumper (lol) and I tackled a couple big dogs (old Silvers) in front of the Bank with it, cashed out the teeth when finnished (just had to rotate them again, lol).

Yeah they are. I have the Greenteeth on my super duper stumper (lol) and I tackled a couple big dogs (old Silvers) in front of the Bank with it, cashed out the teeth when finnished (just had to rotate them again, lol).
I run the yellow jackets and for 200 bucks I get about a good month outta a set, and I must say I love them , I did also put a brand new wheel on my machine when I made the switch and I couldn't be happier with that little cutter ...

Had the building assembled by US steel wasn't to outrageous. 100 by 80. Worst part is I'm gonna have to move it next year as my family grows I gotta get us a house with a little more room. We found ten acres out in farmland that we are hoping we can run a tub grinder on still waiting to see if we can get all the permits.

I am very jealous of your shop, I wish we had more space. I took this pic a few months ago, our crane is inside and there is still 3 buckets, 3 Chippers, and one chip truck not in the picture. Not sure what land costs in your area but an acre of heavy industrial with a simple building on it goes for over $800k. We have to use everything we have

View attachment 223497

Last edited:
I am very jealous of your shop, I wish we had more space. I took this pic a few months ago, our crane is inside and there is still 3impressive buckets, 3 Chippers, and one chip truck not in the picture. Not sure what land costs in your area but an acre of heavy industrial with a simple building on it goes for over $800k. We have to use everything we have

View attachment 223497
yea dude I am good at spending other peoples money and seriously each one of those trucks should be behind its own garage door , I mean you got them 3 stacked there , comon what if you wanna just take that chip truck all the way in the back its gotta take a half hour. Of jockying , you need to call bulldogs guys and at least get a roof over that place , you got your own traffic jam there of green and whites ...

I am very jealous of your shop, I wish we had more space. I took this pic a few months ago, our crane is inside and there is still 3impressive buckets, 3 Chippers, and one chip truck not in the picture. Not sure what land costs in your area but an acre of heavy industrial with a simple building on it goes for over $800k. We have to use everything we have

View attachment 223497

You have a hell of a fleet there. You should be proud.

View attachment 223497

I paid less than 40k an acre I'm in commercial but not in a major business districts. I wanted to get away from a lot of stuff like houses an other companies so I don't run into interference when it's time to run a tub grinder eight hours a day.

I'm only currently on two acres the next location is ten that cost a little over 400k it's in a farming community this way we won't be the only ones making noise.

The whole goal with the move is so we can process and turn a profit from our own waste. It can cost me 400-500 a week to dump in summer months. The recycling plant isn't fond of us because we usually bring in anywhere from ten to twenty foot sections.

If I needed anything it would be good help it has been me and another climber cutting for the last four years and I'm getting beat. Climbing and doing all the bid work is getting insane.

I made my wife quite her job to help me out I just got her the audio books for cert arb .

I am very jealous of your shop, I wish we had more space. I took this pic a few months ago, our crane is inside and there is still 3 buckets, 3 Chippers, and one chip truck not in the picture. Not sure what land costs in your area but an acre of heavy industrial with a simple building on it goes for over $800k. We have to use everything we have

View attachment 223497

Two acres at 800k an acre would tap me out I couldn't afford it. That is steep. You guys have the only other operation I was impressed with. Seems like you run a respectable service.

The building was actually the cheap part you can do a 100by 60 for less than fifty grand all depends what you want to go along with it

It should have read 3 buckets not 3 impressive ... most of my posts are done from my phone and my DROID does weird things with auto correct

Marquis did you guys have to do any type of cut back after the economy tanked. I was building my business right as it was going down the s hitter so i didn't have a bunch of revenue one year that disappeared the next.

It should have read 3 buckets not 3 impressive ... most of my posts are done from my phone and my DROID does weird things with auto correct

I switched to apple and couldn't go back now. I'm on an iPad now it does everything. I email the clients an estimate with a picture of their tree attached before I leave the property.can even print it. With the iCloud I can also pull it up from my phone or desktop be that their all apple. You can even daw on the picture to describe what your gonna reduce or take off.

Latest posts

Back