whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna have to check out your vids tonite TV, I'm running late. But it is Sunday so I don't mind screwing off and being a little late.

Terrible what happened to your clients on that job. Really sad.

Yeah, it's definitely not as easy to make a vid as you would think. I know there isa way to join my clips together and edit movies but I just haven't had the time to screw with it yet. Another thing is my computer is ancient and my internet is slow so I often loose patience when working with the vids.

Who knows, maybe I'll buy me a new lappy or an apple this week, ;)

Nice vid and resolution Larry. You are at the right level with lens. Mine is set up too high and I want to get either what you got or the Hero. Can you take a pict of your helmet cam set up sometime? Microphone is good too. Reg added an accessory mic. He has a Drift. He is getting a lot of banging and movement noises but saw sounds more realistic than without it.

Nice vids TV. curious how you have your camera mounted and also noticed how quietly you were communicating from the tree. Do you guys use radios or do they just have really good hearing?

Last edited:
Nice vids TV. curious how you have your camera mounted and also noticed how quietly you were communicating from the tree. Do you guys use radios or do they just have really good hearing?

Just me and my gm (maybe 5,6 years time in with me) most of the time and he can read my mind by now as you can hear at one point when he finishes my sentence.

This is what I have been using most of the time and also have a Kodak Playsport, which is waterproof. The Fuji is waterproof, shockproof, dirtproof etc, and cost all of $129. It has a lower profile than the Kodak. Have tried it on my Petzl Vertex but cannot get the lens lined up right to get where my eyes are looking.

View attachment 227341

sometimes the attach thing is not on top of post (prob hit quick reply)

227341d1330872531-001-jpg

Spent the day working for Habitat for Humanity at their Anderson Gardens site.....an enjoyable one but for a busybody, nosy, bossy yappy woman who swung hard at strike three and struck out getting a severe telling off in the process. I just do not get some (fortunately a small few) people's need to get involved with everyone else's business. Ignorant she-dog.

I also volunteered to coord the lunch when it arrived so gave that trailer a considerable mucking out(which is where I encountered the dragon lady for the second time, she was pissed I had moved her hat and coffee mugs to clean off the tables-damn lucky I did not throw them out), and in the process ended up with a very large aluminum tray of pasta which I cooled off immediately and will recycle into individual portions for The Mosaic Centre, a walk in centre I occasionally cook for....it seemed a waste to toss it all as it had just been delivered fresh from a restaurant.

not heavy...some things just work. What else can I say?

You need to get outta the Stone Ages and post up some vid son. :biggrinbounce2:

Spent the day working for Habitat for Humanity at their Anderson Gardens site.....an enjoyable one but for a busybody, nosy, bossy yappy woman who swung hard at strike three and struck out getting a severe telling off in the process. I just do not get some (fortunately a small few) people's need to get involved with everyone else's business. Ignorant she-dog.

I also volunteered to coord the lunch when it arrived so gave that trailer a considerable mucking out(which is where I encountered the dragon lady for the second time, she was pissed I had moved her hat and coffee mugs to clean off the tables-damn lucky I did not throw them out), and in the process ended up with a very large aluminum tray of pasta which I cooled off immediately and will recycle into individual portions for The Mosaic Centre, a walk in centre I occasionally cook for....it seemed a waste to toss it all as it had just been delivered fresh from a restaurant.

What does a gig like this pay.. or are you rich and don't need money? What's the deal??

not heavy...some things just work. What else can I say?

You need to get outta the Stone Ages and post up some vid son. :biggrinbounce2:

Honestly, I had thought about it years ago, I don't really have the desire for it anymore. I like watching what you guys put up though (when I can view them, that is). :cheers:

[video=youtube_share;iVAkER7lMa8]http://youtu.be/iVAkER7lMa8[/video]

Wow a 33 second video , it was longer and more intriguing then the other 100:msp_mad:, one kernel of popcorn actually popped in the microwave , I guess it must be out out west thing since the last guy i saw use a come a long on a tree was AA and well thats all there is to say about that , but ol vet sure likes the fishing pole spool too

What does a gig like this pay.. or are you rich and don't need money? What's the deal??

Nothing except for a free lunch, strictly on a volunteer basis though the site supervisor and crew leads are on salary.....not rich, I am retired military and have a pension, and do this to keep busy when I am not working at something else. I am not much of a carpenter but now know how to make stairs!

I would love to get a camera and post up some vids, but they would be pretty boring, same old same old.

ah they're all pretty boring esp when you are watching what you do all the time. nice to not see it done wrong like Aenalist tho. HO said when we started, how you gonna get that huge tree down without damaging the poolhouse. the trunk is stuck in the building and all the weight is over the building too. Told here I'd take a vid, she was real happy. Then tragedy hit for her.

been trying to get some vids up but the install program for my new nikon hates me, or I hate it, think its mutual. So I've been switching the memory card from the nikon to my old canon and it uploads the pics but no vids...I hate technology!..

Back