whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I get wifi through my cell phone service provider for an ipad? sorry I'm pretty techno illiterate I don't even know what the hell wifi is..:msp_confused:

Wifi is a wireless internet connection through a router, like in your home or at a coffee house. Cellular data plans are available through service providers (AT&T and Verizon where the only two listed for the IPad when I ordered it) and provide an always connected option without having to connect through a router or wireless hotspot. If you have a data plan or the ability to add one to your cellular service you could use your phone as a hotspot and connect through it with whatever existing cellular plan you have or add. If not, you can order the IPad with AT&T or Verison data service already preinstalled on the IPad. I ordered AT&T 4G with mine so I can connect anywhere, even when no wireless hotspot is available.

However, that has nothing to do with the Square card reader. That is a totally different deal altogether. As long as you can connect to the internet, you can process CC's. Has nothing to do with who your service is with (as far as I know).

You will need either wifi or a cell phone hotspot to use the ipad to get onto the internet. I just use intuit go payment threw my verion droid 3 phone. The percentage is very simular. I would imagine the other program would work threw your phone too. I don't use the card reader cause it just one more thing to carry with me. You can just type the info into the program.

Are there any contracts with these things? I am dropping the company I'm using as soon as my contract is up, they're pulling too much crap to deal with anymore. Their latest is on top of all the other fees, charging $5.00 per transatcion if less than 10 for the month, used to be 10 cents! Just got a year end statement from them, never really added up how much we did but last year was $30K in just CC's.

Go payment has no contracts. I only pay a fee when i charge a cc. I can even take american express but american expresses fees are a little higher.

Wifi is a wireless internet connection through a router, like in your home or at a coffee house. Cellular data plans are available through service providers (AT&T and Verizon where the only two listed for the IPad when I ordered it) and provide an always connected option without having to connect through a router or wireless hotspot. If you have a data plan or the ability to add one to your cellular service you could use your phone as a hotspot and connect through it with whatever existing cellular plan you have or add. If not, you can order the IPad with AT&T or Verison data service already preinstalled on the IPad. I ordered AT&T 4G with mine so I can connect anywhere, even when no wireless hotspot is available.

However, that has nothing to do with the Square card reader. That is a totally different deal altogether. As long as you can connect to the internet, you can process CC's. Has nothing to do with who your service is with (as far as I know).

thanks for the heads up man. I think their may be an ipad in the near future

I want an Ipad to! In fact, I wanna be able to use a wireless printer set up in my truck for on the spot printed estimates. and like Blakes mentioned, photos with writting on em...oh man I can see it now.........I also wanna have a customer data base with me where ever I go.

2day...

...been lightly pruning and dead wooding birches for the last few days.... it sucks... those slippery ass trees get so much #### hung up.... got 2 more days of it.... the only good part about the job is that its out in the middle of nowhere situated on a nice ranch surrounded by plum orchards.... today we had a cool show at lunch... this farmer just finished using a disky on a corner of a field and the coopers hawks were circling.... just then a huge jack rabbit came out of the tree line and started running across the dirt field.... those hawks dive bombed the #### out of that rabbit.... but that rabbit was like greased lightning....he juked left and right and was zig zagging around like master... he bolted across five full acres and ran back into the tree line.... i thought he was a goner.... then a few minutes later the stupid bastard did it again!!... and he made it again!... i thought it was cooler then ice cream...

Going to bed, long week, long days, lot's of climbing!.....at least I am shedding off my winter fat! Can't wait to go to Florida soon!:msp_biggrin:

So get off the puter and get to bed!!
Then tell us what ya did tomorrow!
Then when all look's bad,
We will wait to hear your sorrow.
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's been blowing all day ! 30-60mph i was just in my hot tub and my f-ing catalpa tree lost another leader!!!!!! Ive been grooming this tree for 7 years and hurricane Irene and this storm have f it up sorry for the f bombs but i'm pissed.. coarse last week i went and cleared the crap from irene.now i have to go up again. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to craft a Shinny saw fuel plug into a motor oil filler cap plug for my Kolher Ch25S as mine went for a walkabout, it fitted ok after grinding off the screw threads still had to wire it down to keep secure

Now that's using your head for something other than growing hair on. :D

Latest posts

Back