whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it snow and rain all day and split up some cider (1/2 bolt)

But I did clean up some bars I just got

Heading home from florida tomorrow am. Gonna be going with in 30 mins away from ropetek, so I may stop in and pick up a wraptor on my way home tomorrow. They are gonna make me one with a lower gear ratio because I weigh around 300 lbs. They said it will climb slower, but will be better for my weight. Had a call about a hugh tree as the guy said that is split at the base.

Another long day. By the time I finished calling customers back and answering emails it was 6:45.

Two big ones to go look at tomorrow.

You guys are turning into a bunch of geeks.. what's next, a steiner maybe?? :msp_tongue:

Yeah, I'll say. At least you can quickly get a time check when you ask for one... well not as quick as if they were wearing wristwatches as everybody stops working and goes fumbling for the phone which usually gets lost or forgotten on the job.

A friend of mine posted on FB about being about to see Jupiter, everybody was like " yeah I am checking it out on my Smartphone, its got a atronomy app", I was like " ####, all ya gotta do is look up idiot".

Look, if you are in the supermarket and someone walks into you when they are looking into their phone are you allowed to cold cock em?

Heading home from florida tomorrow am. Gonna be going with in 30 mins away from ropetek, so I may stop in and pick up a wraptor on my way home tomorrow. They are gonna make me one with a lower gear ratio because I weigh around 300 lbs. They said it will climb slower, but will be better for my weight. Had a call about a hugh tree as the guy said that is split at the base.

Jenny Craig called and said she misses you!!!!
Jeff :msp_wink:

cool can ya grab one for me too, but I will pass on the lower geat #### because I am not as big as you I am a mere 280 ... You must have a good woman cause I slowed down once headed up 95 to peek at a whole gaggle of brand new buckets and my wife was like PSSSST .... Really can you ever not look or think about tree #### and I was like ..... What ??? I wasn't thinking about trees when we were making babies and all that kinda stuff and she was like ##### please don't try jiving me ...

Picked up my truck today, and finished 3 jobs up. Looked at 1 job, and got 1 check in the mail. Overall a relatively boring day.

cool can ya grab one for me too, but I will pass on the lower geat #### because I am not as big as you I am a mere 280 ... You must have a good woman cause I slowed down once headed up 95 to peek at a whole gaggle of brand new buckets and my wife was like PSSSST .... Really can you ever not look or think about tree #### and I was like ..... What ??? I wasn't thinking about trees when we were making babies and all that kinda stuff and she was like ##### please don't try jiving me ...

Dang if you do not make me laugh!!
Now , come up with something interesting!
Jeff :msp_scared:

http://youtu.be/_W42rMjYWlk

Last edited:
Dang if you do not make me laugh!!
Now , come up with something interesting!
Jeff :msp_scared:

Jive Talkin' - YouTube
sorry jeff I am not all high fulutin talking trees and drinking tea with my pinky up , I am just here to entertain and lighten the mood , besides recently this forum has been overun with stimulating posts and real tree talk AKA ( #### that makes me wanna hang myself ) so sorry buddy , I ain't that guy

I cut my index finger a thumb today with my corona hand saw. There was blood all over and it stung alittle too. I had to come down hose it off get the first aid kit out and back up.

I'd make sure you put the safety ascender on the wraptor rope if I was you. If you don't all ya got between you and a crater in the ground is a little cog that rotates. Just sayin. :msp_sad:

went to a tree seminar at amherst college in ma. 2hr ride there and back. Lots of good info on all aspects of tree rigging and insects. about an hour from from me is a quarantined area for the long horn beetle. It was interesting to hear all that is going on with that. they are warning all arborist about the winter moth because of the warm temps we have been having. Should be an interesting start to the season . Nice to talk to the local guys they made me feel better, they said things are still slow other than storm damage.( they got battered) I've been going to beat the band. Great weather this week hope to hit it hard all threw the weekend. My theory,hit it hard now makes for more fishing time come tuna tangling season. can't wait!!!!!!

you are a dumb guy? :confused: :popcorn:
NO Dave , but we all know what's up, and actually Dave I am here to have laugh with my buds , I do enough tree work and talk trees and all the other BS, when I stop by here I need a break from it , and believe me I get it your all business and pro ...... And tree rock star ..... But I am surely smart to see all your incognito comments , I believe you'll have to get up a a lot earlier to get one over on me and honestly for your sanity do ya really want me get salty again . I mean ya left because of it and ya know I will go there .... So let's just not go there for the both of us ....

All cleaned up n ready to rock. New plugs , clean air filters, n sharp chains Have some nice jobs lined up. Had one for this morning that I , yes...I , cancelled last nite. This dude was making me crazy. I couldn't take it any more n told him I didn't wanna do his job. It was very small n hardly worth the drive. Dude kept calling me asking things like, can you take down my antenna? Can you check my cutters for pine needles? Can you clean the gutters, real quick, since you will be right there? You said u will have a ladder right? What about the down spouts? Can u look at the trees behind the shed I think they have dots? Should I get tools for removing antenna ? Should I bring a wheel barrow? Then his final question..... My neighbor said I should ask how much less it will be if I clean up the branches??? DUDE.... Just, man dude never mind. I cannot do your tree trimming. I KNOW this guy woulda been under my feet and or up my butt the whole time. So I had my climber in training come in an we spit shined the trunk n saws. Tomorrow we rock n roll on some dead ash. Thursday n Friday as well. EAB victims.

@ 101
I don't think 20 lbs is gonna matter there. The reg one will work fine, but they said the lower gear would better for us heavy weights. That includes you tubby.

@ vet

They said i would be fine when I contacted them about it.

Back