whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what pic did they use , any of these 2 ???? View attachment 230595 View attachment 230596 I hate it when they put me on blast ...:msp_biggrin: I just hope they didn't use this one http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/73973_1651624976571_1415415768_31737024_1686913_n.jpg

They didnt use any of those pictures. They used this one!

attachment.php

He is deranged and impotent and got an inferiority complex and asked admin to make him a mod but they declined so he decided to pretend he is one anyway...don't let it bother ya boot.

lol. you talking about yourself, veg? as good as treeveg sounds i am going to call you the "sleeve" from here on out. maybe wizard sleeve if i am feel like typing it out but i think just sleeve for short.

definitely won't be wizard because then people may confuse me giving you some respect so its gotta be sleeve. or treevag because if you don't stink most of the time then chances are you got a tampon stuffed in your mouth to stop the bleeding.....

i offered up the services to stop slugs like bootboy from sullying up the professional thread with working for short money but you seem to like them so whateves. you are good for each other i guess. he don't know a damn thing about the game and neither do you even if you been doing it wrong for 40 yrs.

where is the next crane vid, you pos?

lol. you talking about yourself, veg? as good as treeveg sounds i am going to call you the "sleeve" from here on out. maybe wizard sleeve if i am feel like typing it out but i think just sleeve for short.

definitely won't be wizard because then people may confuse me giving you some respect so its gotta be sleeve. or treevag because if you don't stink most of the time then chances are you got a tampon stuffed in your mouth to stop the bleeding.....

i offered up the services to stop slugs like bootboy from sullying up the professional thread with working for short money but you seem to like them so whateves. you are good for each other i guess. he don't know a damn thing about the game and neither do you even if you been doing it wrong for 40 yrs.

where is the next crane vid, you pos?

(yawn)

I'll do my best to sooth your insecurities by boring you with tales of my part time dabbling into this so called "game".

Seems like there's not too much to know. No offense but it seems simple really; climb tree, cut tree down, haul tree away, collect money, spend money, repeat.

Next time you two get together for work you have to let me know... I have to see this show live. Would be well worth the price of admission. Make it a side of the road job and Ill stand out there with a stop sign, orange vest and drinking coffee, show you what I am good at.[/QUOTE. Oh well the next time I am in connecticut we will make some saw dust , but only if we can party in that evidence locker.
:msp_ohmy:

No offense but it seems simple really; climb tree, cut tree down, haul tree away, collect money, spend money, repeat.

Work, Eat, Sleep, Die?

I'll do my best to sooth your insecurities by boring you with tales of my part time dabbling into this so called "game".

Seems like there's not too much to know. No offense but it seems simple really; climb tree, cut tree down, haul tree away, collect money, spend money, repeat.

bootboy,Since there is no dislike Icon,
Guess I am a dumb a$$,to have spent so much time learning a skilled trade,tree preservation,tree restoration,tree removal, tree instalation. early care, structure, soil science, tree anatomy, tree phsiology, 17 elements required for life in trees,macro and micro nutients derived from these,I know you are second generation, at least, so you learned a lot from your dad (rip). From "sticky cotton wood sit" to being this cocky in a month or so is a little slap in the face, every one here makes there beans and tortillas from tree care,attitudes like that get people killed,I tried not to be to criticle because of the loss of your dad, some of your TIP and lanyard and rigging points were dangerous, when you cut your new line it could have been costing us tax payers to put you up the rest of your life, and don't tell me you have paid in enough to balance that out,what happens God forbid when you bomb your brother or cousin, instead of your tote,more ss disability,and God forebid that they have dependents,I see you play hard and are young but stay teachable these guys will take time out to teach you, google tree related deaths,OSHA, ANSI, injurys and fatalities on this site, tree risk and assesment, basil rot, fruity conks,canker,core testing,codominate stems, included bark,white rot verses brown rot, high angled branch attachment, reaction wood, bending moment,what is P.R.E.P., some one on here said there are old tree men and there are bold tree men but there are never old bold tree men.
Paul

Hey TMD heres the pics of the tree in question as I mentioned in our pm. The canopy hangs over the maintenance building. The tree is about 110' tall approxmetly and about 60' to 70' from a possible crane setup. I'd like to do it without one but wouldn't rule it out.

View attachment 230613View attachment 230614View attachment 230615View attachment 230616
looks like easy money... cut a little here a little there hell just cut it down that's all there is to it right?:laugh:

i did an estimate today and i have decided I really dont want the job. No big deal except i told the HO I would email her the estimate. I have to do or say something so what I am asking is....would it be better to just tell her flat out I am not interested OR give her a price that , if she actually said yes, I could prolly deal with the things I dont like about the job cuz I would be getting paid off big. I know she has had other tree guys there so i know she has atleast another bid or 3. I just wonder if I would look like an ass by giving her a more or less ridiculous price. I am thinking that just saying I would prefer to pass is the best, considering I dont owe any explanation. I would not want to explain why i dont want the job. Her husband acted like a douche the whole time I was there, the neighbor has NO TRESPASSING signs pointed at there property and it will be difficult to do one tree without setting foot on there property and, extreme concern for smaller trees under bigger trees they want down. no crane or bucket access. i have better things to do. IDK....I guess I all ready have my answer but just wanted to toss it out there.

When I bid a job like that, i make sure that i make it well worth the agravation. If I dont get it, no biggy. If I get it, then everyone else must have thought the same thing.

Sharpened some saw chains, and my green teeth for my stumper. I am so happy that I made that sharpening setup greenteeth shows on there website. I have already paid for the drill press, bench grinder and diamond wheel many times over paying someone to sharpen them for me. They seem to cut just as good as new ones when i sharpen them.

i did an estimate today and i have decided I really dont want the job. No big deal except i told the HO I would email her the estimate. I have to do or say something so what I am asking is....would it be better to just tell her flat out I am not interested OR give her a price that , if she actually said yes, I could prolly deal with the things I dont like about the job cuz I would be getting paid off big. I know she has had other tree guys there so i know she has atleast another bid or 3. I just wonder if I would look like an ass by giving her a more or less ridiculous price. I am thinking that just saying I would prefer to pass is the best, considering I dont owe any explanation. I would not want to explain why i dont want the job. Her husband acted like a douche the whole time I was there, the neighbor has NO TRESPASSING signs pointed at there property and it will be difficult to do one tree without setting foot on there property and, extreme concern for smaller trees under bigger trees they want down. no crane or bucket access. i have better things to do. IDK....I guess I all ready have my answer but just wanted to toss it out there.

Give the "worst case scenario " price.. Like 2tree said make it worth your while if you get it..
I got a call a couple years ago for a dead willow behind a house with zero equipment access. Tree was crispy dead, covered in poison ivy and HUGE.. I wanted no part of that job..

I bid it at 6k.. Maybe I was the low baller cause the thing is still standing there, think the PI vines are still holding it together..lol

bootboy,Since there is no dislike Icon,
Guess I am a dumb a$$,to have spent so much time learning a skilled trade,tree preservation,tree restoration,tree removal, tree instalation. early care, structure, soil science, tree anatomy, tree phsiology, 17 elements required for life in trees,macro and micro nutients derived from these,I know you are second generation, at least, so you learned a lot from your dad (rip). From "sticky cotton wood sit" to being this cocky in a month or so is a little slap in the face, every one here makes there beans and tortillas from tree care,attitudes like that get people killed,I tried not to be to criticle because of the loss of your dad, some of your TIP and lanyard and rigging points were dangerous, when you cut your new line it could have been costing us tax payers to put you up the rest of your life, and don't tell me you have paid in enough to balance that out,what happens God forbid when you bomb your brother or cousin, instead of your tote,more ss disability,and God forebid that they have dependents,I see you play hard and are young but stay teachable these guys will take time out to teach you, google tree related deaths,OSHA, ANSI, injurys and fatalities on this site, tree risk and assesment, basil rot, fruity conks,canker,core testing,codominate stems, included bark,white rot verses brown rot, high angled branch attachment, reaction wood, bending moment,what is P.R.E.P., some one on here said there are old tree men and there are bold tree men but there are never old bold tree men.
Paul

Point taken and understood. I dont want to come off that way.

I was snarky in retort to Old dirty and his criticism of my burgeoning interest in all of this. That is not my baseline attitude about all of this. You'd be foolish to think that I assume I know everything I need to know. I am certainly respectful of and grateful to all those who are willing to teach me, And I know I've got tons to learn. I'm not, however, interested in being bullied by crusty, unfriendly, and seemingly insecure, old codgers like old dirty.
If I made mistakes in my videos, correct me. I didn't post them simply for entertainment purposes. If I felt like I didn't have anything to learn I wouldn't bother with this site. I got defensive because I was attacked. You personally have been helpful and patient and I appreciate it. I could defend and explain the particulars of some of the finer points you brought up but I know it wouldn't do any good. Thanks for your help and interest in my well being.

That first picture almost looks like you could pull it and notch and drop it. But pics are deceiving

Nope Nadda the tree has to much of an extreme lean and its 33" dbh, if you could pull it over it would hit a building behind it. it must be rigged atleast the branches do then the heavy wood can be bombed.

looks like easy money... cut a little here a little there hell just cut it down that's all there is to it right?:laugh:

it must be rigged and was inspected by an arborist who proclaims it is uprooting. Im pretty confident i can climb and rig it just wanted some other opinion.

Back