whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to fire my employee this morning. He called off monday because he was sick. Now he called off today, and needs off for tomorrow for a funeral. I more work then i can do myself today. I told him he was boning me over and that he probably wont have a job if he dont come in. He said he cant help he is sick and he wont be in. I told him he can pick up his final check when he drops off my keys. Where the heck is all the good reliable workers at?

Gotta finish up some small stuff at the welders today, then pull everything off again and get ready to start the degreasing part. I also have to get the tires and rims off and over to my buddy's place for blasting and paint. Might actually make some good time on this one if we keep on top of it.

Goin broke again, but enjoying the ride, anyway! Lol.. WTF, I don't even really care anymore!! :laugh:

demotivational-posters-winning1.jpg

Had to fire my employee this morning. He called off monday because he was sick. Now he called off today, and needs off for tomorrow for a funeral. I more work then i can do myself today. I told him he was boning me over and that he probably wont have a job if he dont come in. He said he cant help he is sick and he wont be in. I told him he can pick up his final check when he drops off my keys. Where the heck is all the good reliable workers at?

Love it when that happens, really love it when ya have a huge removal that has to be rigged, ya know, the ones where you NEED your peeps, then they don't show because of the brown bottle flue.

I dont think its the brown bottle flue. He just is lazy and needs to get off his moms titts and be a man.

Yeah, that one didn't sound too hopeful. I used to love putting on the firing hat with them types! Sometimes its just not even worth the money, if you gotta deal with all that crap. I've been lucky lately with help. I've been keeping my guys busy with firewood while I'm working on the bucket (had one helping with that some too). Don't wanna lose the good ones, way too hard to come by!!

I feel your pain though, been there!!

Sucky day, went to a job I bid last fall to what I thought was a quick in and out.....4 hours later I finished. Trimmed the first tree and went well but when I got to a very old, large Maple that had been struck by lightning a few years back there were some very large hazardous limbs that had to come down. Could not see anything from the ground other than 6 or so dead branches but once aloft there were dead punky spots all over. Oh well, nothing got messed up and charged a little extra but not what I should have. Dropped the truck off for it's annual DOT inspection...AHHH a few days off!

Rearranged the shop today. Had to get all of the snow removal stuff out of the way, that we didn't get to use allllll winter. Had to make room for 7 pallets of salt, move the blowers, salters and plows out of the way for the summer. Thought it'd take a couple hours, ended up taking more than 4....... now I have a little more room to starting fixing stuff again, where's my my list:msp_mellow:

FREAKIN RAIN! DAMN YOU, WEATHER MAN Should have known, this morning, watching the local news,4 am, weather guy is talking abut it being clear, as I look out the window behind the TV, and watch it poor. But then, "its gone till tonight" NOT! A-hole! Was out, in the middle of a prune, rolling along, outa no where, again, blasted, look at Radar, big green mass heading my way, F'ing great, shut down, eat lunch, still raining, send them home, stops raining! F M L! Now I'm looking back out the same window, street is drying, but a new big mass is 20 miles out..........who sings that song " should I stay, or should I go"
Would love to have job where I could be dead wrong all the time and still get paid!

Today I ####ed the pooch , started up the bucket this morning and the alternator seized had to wait til 8am to order one then waited til 10am to get it , got to the lot and both 200ts are running like #### so I literally heaved them into the truck and went and bought a 388 and guess what it aint that bad wasn't planning on spending 600 today but whatever , its only money @ least I got work to pay for it

Cleaned out the back yard of black berry viens (while the ones I could see)

Man I hate them things; I have enough straches on the legs and arms to last a life time each time I got poke the madder I got and the bigger the fire got man do then smoke when then burn maybe it was the motor oil that made them smoke :)

If you only knew how sick I get of working with undependable, lazy a-holes...

Nobody wants to work for their money anymore. They would rather draw a check from the government and live on food stamps or off of a woman.

FREAKIN RAIN! DAMN YOU, WEATHER MAN Should have known, this morning, watching the local news,4 am, weather guy is talking abut it being clear, as I look out the window behind the TV, and watch it poor. But then, "its gone till tonight" NOT! A-hole! Was out, in the middle of a prune, rolling along, outa no where, again, blasted, look at Radar, big green mass heading my way, F'ing great, shut down, eat lunch, still raining, send them home, stops raining! F M L! Now I'm looking back out the same window, street is drying, but a new big mass is 20 miles out..........who sings that song " should I stay, or should I go"
Would love to have job where I could be dead wrong all the time and still get paid!

I think The Clash.

My best cllimber (other than me of course) broke a window today.... at the neighbors house no less. I have a guy that is gonna repair it tomorrow. Left a note for the homeowner.... ugggg

I probably won't be to hard on him about it.... #### happens I guess.

Also we planted a couple nice 4" caliper autumn blaze maples today. More planting on the books for tomorrow.

Got most of the windstorm work caught up and done today as its supposed to rain the next freeking 4-5 days! Not good!We put in 14 hour days the last 3, working our butts off! Got a whole whack of work lined up for the next 3 weeks:msp_biggrin:, and stuff got backed up this week due to the wind storm we had Monday! Oh well, all the customers understand! Locked to 2 sweet jobs today, scheduled them for 2 weeks time, people weren't in a huge rush and are regulars. April has been awesome!

Got most of the windstorm work caught up and done today as its supposed to rain the next freeking 4-5 days! Not good!We put in 14 hour days the last 3, working our butts off! Got a whole whack of work lined up for the next 3 weeks:msp_biggrin:, and stuff got backed up this week due to the wind storm we had Monday! Oh well, all the customers understand! Locked to 2 sweet jobs today, scheduled them for 2 weeks time, people weren't in a huge rush and are regulars. April has been awesome!

Sounds like how my november was. Glad your customers are understanding. Stack that work up!

Grinded some stumps this morning then took the rest of the day off to do some landscaping around the house. Planted a sweet little leaf linden in the front yard.

just becareful its hard to find good help especially when you dont have any. I would of kept him around untill you found someone else. What happens if you cant find anyone then you'll be up #### creek.

Grinded some stumps this morning then took the rest of the day off to do some landscaping around the house. Planted a sweet little leaf linden in the front yard.

Nice Looking linden..... however it doesn't look like you dug out a hole 3-5 times the size of the rootball. I guess you can get away with that in PA. Try that here and you will be buying a new tree next year.

I got my chipper jocky-ed in for a lil tree work toe mara. I pruned out this silver the other day.

Set three srt lines. The tree was few cables.

001-32.jpg

Most of the work was heading back the tips and tops if you know what I mean.

002-30.jpg

004-30.jpg

This is where I started.

003-25.jpg

006-20.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back