whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where ya at Todd? I lived in Stafford for a year while stationed at Quantico. Seen on the news DC got it bad.

We mostly service Western Fairfax County area, Stafford is a ways away, I think that area got hit too, not really sure.

Still no phone service, I hope people keep trying to call, couldn't get anybody to work today. I don't blame them, Id' rather not but it's still gonna be hot as #### the next few days.
Going to do a co-dom Maple that split at the base being held up by a Birch tomorrow, should be interesting.

We took down a 3' diameter sugar maple where I had to lower just about everything, and 2 pines. Got out of there at 4:30, get back in the truck and saw I had some voice messages. A client called, she had been out pruning with the gardener, can you please come chip this brush pile in my driveway? Got down there around 6:00 to chip a bunch of small branches that I had to drag about 50'. Not a fun day.

That tractor could use a little darker shade of green now.

Cell phone only had sporadic service all day, my answering service is based right in the middle of a badly hit area so my biz # doesn't work and noone can reach me unless they have my cell number- #### :angry:
Drove around to a few places where I have customers to check on them and picked up some more work. Hopefully the phone will work tomorrow.

Try and get your Business line Forwarded to your cell phone until you service is restored.

Well I have found my new home for the next week or so , Mays Landing NJ it is a complete and utter mess on the way in we passed over 100 big orange trucks and every road you take is uprooted and snapped trees from what I can see you could make your summer here just riding around and chipping brush. ...I have never seen anything like this ever and I have seen some sketchy ####

Got nailed by a yellow jacket today for the first time this year. Just a small nest inside a half dead shrub, an afterthought add on and the last thing to do on the site. Guess that's payback for the nest I knocked down in the garage a few days ago.

Got nailed by a yellow jacket today for the first time this year. Just a small nest inside a half dead shrub, an afterthought add on and the last thing to do on the site. Guess that's payback for the nest I knocked down in the garage a few days ago.

Little bastards!

Called a customer today to try and move a job up and his wife answers and tells me he passed away last week. Man I felt like an idiot! I must have apologized 10 times, she was very nice about it though. Just a wicked akward moment. Anybody ever have this happen to them?

Called a customer today to try and move a job up and his wife answers and tells me he passed away last week. Man I felt like an idiot! I must have apologized 10 times, she was very nice about it though. Just a wicked akward moment. Anybody ever have this happen to them?
Humor is just tragedy separated by time. Give it about 3 months and then you can turn it into a great funny story. Never had that exact thing happen but there have been times when I wished I could drop through a hole in the floor and disappear.
Phil

Picked up a new toy today, can't wait to use it tomorrow. I warned stihl about those flippy caps but they just won't listen.... Oh well, I'm slowly turning to the darkside..

IMG_0032.jpg

Picked up a new toy today, can't wait to use it tomorrow. I warned stihl about those flippy caps but they just won't listen.... Oh well, I'm slowly turning to the darkside..

IMG_0032.jpg

Demoed one of those this past winter. Wicked saw. I really liked it. $700-$720 is a little steep though. I already have too many saws, otherwise one would be in my arsenal.

Demoed one of those this past winter. Wicked saw. I really liked it. $700-$720 is a little steep though. I already have too many saws, otherwise one would be in my arsenal.

paid 680.00, comparable to stihl. other than my big saw I never really ran husky so I'm looking forward to checking it out

So i found out today that a job i was told i had, was done by another tree service last week. I know the ladys neighbor, and he told me that this cut throat tree service was there last week. My bid was $3800. Had to remove 2 pines that were 30' tall, 2 norway spruces that were 65" tall and a pretty big silver maple that was spread out all over her and the neighbors yards. Seven stumps needed to be ground, including the maples that had ruts above ground out to about 18' diameter. Found out this other tree service did it for $1200. I almost fell over when i heard the number. The lady never called me. I called her today, saying i would be there next week, and she called me back and said her husbands friend did it. But what she dont know is that i know who did it. WTF is wrong with people. NCtree knows who i am talking about. From what i hear, daddy gave the guy money to start a busines. There website says they have been in business since 1990, and they have a 30 ton crane, 3 bucket trucks, 5 chip trucks, dump truck, 2 pickup trucks, 4 skid loaders, petibone, and 6 chippers. Everything looks brand new. I dont know how they do it, with charging next to nothing. I really feel like calling them up and #####ing them out about low balling everyone.

Had a run in with them a few years back, and they did a ground 2 48" stumps that had metal fence posts in them for $60 each.

Latest posts

Back