whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That what kinda pos would do that? Having small kids it really is hard to grasp, and to think what these parents are going thru and have to go thru after this nightmare of a massacre. I know that's pretty close to Treepig and some of you others on here. Prayers for the families and other students involved. Watching it on CNN made me feel sick. Hug your kids hard tonight !!!

I have a son in 2nd and a daughter in 6th when I heard that I stopped talking about the tree sat on the couch and put my head in my hands , it hit me that hard , I actually stayed for a cup of coffee , felt like I was gonna cry . Worse then I felt on 911 even know that was so much worse , I just thought kids ??? Who would do that !

You're a good dude Eddie. After meeting your little guy I can see why that would hit you so hard.

I am back in OK after working in jersey for a little while. Was a rough trip. My motor blew in my truck my second day there. Was stranded for two weeks while I had a new one put in to the tune of $2400... Ouch.

As luck would have it i broke down about two miles from Eddies shop. He helped me out and let me work with him for a day while my truck was being repaired. Good treeman right there. Eddie goes hard. He has a great crew and works his ass off all day long. He's got some pretty nice equipment and I really enjoyed working with him for a day. He also got me hooked up with another owner there that subbed me while recovering from my truck ordeal.

Thanks for the help brother. ;)

You're a good dude Eddie. After meeting your little guy I can see why that would hit you so hard.

I am back in OK after working in jersey for a little while. Was a rough trip. My motor blew in my truck my second day there. Was stranded for two weeks while I had a new one put in to the tune of $2400... Ouch.

As luck would have it i broke down about two miles from Eddies shop. He helped me out and let me work with him for a day while my truck was being repaired. Good treeman right there. Eddie goes hard. He has a great crew and works his ass off all day long. He's got some pretty nice equipment and I really enjoyed working with him for a day. He also got me hooked up with another owner there that subbed me while recovering from my truck ordeal.

Chris Christy to the rescue again!! :laugh:

View attachment 267675

Chipped up brush piles at 4 houses today to get the jobs billed. On the last job, the smallest pile of them all the chipper went down again. Dropped it off this afternoon, hopefully they will have it back to me by the end of next week.

I just got home after doing a estimate , while I was there I was in the house and saw on tv what happened in Connecticut , what an awful tragedy , I am not a very godly person , but I am gonna pray for them tonight .

That what kinda pos would do that? Having small kids it really is hard to grasp, and to think what these parents are going thru and have to go thru after this nightmare of a massacre. I know that's pretty close to Treepig and some of you others on here. Prayers for the families and other students involved. Watching it on CNN made me feel sick. Hug your kids hard tonight !!!

I can't even think of an appropriate comment. Absolutely horrible.

Started the x-mas shopping today. Saw the news at the mall and went home. Prayers to the families

I have a son in 2nd and a daughter in 6th when I heard that I stopped talking about the tree sat on the couch and put my head in my hands , it hit me that hard , I actually stayed for a cup of coffee , felt like I was gonna cry . Worse then I felt on 911 even know that was so much worse , I just thought kids ??? Who would do that !

I heard the news today about the shootings, made me sick to my stomach...prayers go out to the families

Even though this happened more than a 1000 mi away from me ,it sure hit home.
I usually just watch the news when something awful like this happens ,and then shrug it off and go on about my business.Not this time.This is undescribable to say the least.As some of you know ,I lost a child 20 mo ago to a debilitating disease.And even though we knew the day could come when we could lose her ,it was an unbearable pain that words alone can never describe.
To think of all the innocent lives lost today,and of the suffering that so many will bear made me sit down in my garage with my head in my hands for a good half an hour.Couldn't shake it,couldn't help it.

My heart and prayers go out to all affected today .

come back man ! Jockey joe won't leave me alone now !

Even though this happened more than a 1000 mi away from me ,it sure hit home.
I usually just watch the news when something awful like this happens ,and then shrug it off and go on about my business.Not this time.This is undescribable to say the least.As some of you know ,I lost a child 20 mo ago to a debilitating disease.And even though we knew the day could come when we could lose her ,it was an unbearable pain that words alone can never describe.
To think of all the innocent lives lost today,and of the suffering that so many will bear made me sit down in my garage with my head in my hands for a good half an hour.Couldn't shake it,couldn't help it.

My heart and prayers go out to all affected today .

I am sorry about your child . That's something I hope I never have to deal with .

Went to the mall with my wife and MIL. That should be about all a man can take but not so.

Our first stop was at Bike Line where I shelled out close to 300 for a Chinese Trek for my kid.

We got home around 3pm, there was a message from some solar panel installation company out of Allentown wanting an estimate for a job down here. Even though I felt like it I still did not want to eat my bullet so I went to look at the job. They said they would give me half upfront but I think I am going to want it all upfront before I delve into this 3800 dollar job and I must have been the low bidder cause I asked them if they were telling me they wanted me to do it and they said yes over the phone. I still have to fax the proposal, I will get this one signed and will tell them that I don't feel comfortable without being paid in full upfront, if not I think I am going to have to pass.

My wife and I got to my kid's karate class at her school at 4pm and I kept thinking that the teachers should have guns. I am taking a bunch of gun education classes and am planning on getting my CCW permit but in all essence I will carry it everywhere... even places where they say I am not allowed.I had a handgun class tonight and am learning a lot.

The school my kid goes to boasts high security but in actuality I find I can just waltz in whenever and however I please and most clean cut God fearing people discribe my appearence as " suspicious" , " un groomed" , " vulgar"," alarming". Well I am going to go in on Monday and have a chat with them about why its so easy easy for a guy like me to get in. I have been let in by other parents, teachers, kids or just because the door wasn't shut properly. These people who let me in did not know me at all. I told one teacher i was going straight to the office as he reluctantly let me in. Of course I did go straight to the office because looks can deceiving but still I should have not been let in.

So after karate we came back and I installed a few more smoke detectors around the house , watered all the bonsai and got some Christmas cards ready to send to my clientel. I took a shower and gave myself a close shave because I thought I was going to be cheek deep in some Tang but she racked out at 9pm.

my main competitor Is a motel up the street that houses the biggest bunch of dregs that steal just about anything not bolted down and a lot that is ! Basically they take what they want whenever they want on there way down to the gas staion to rob them aswell , or shower in there bathroom !

Would that be the Relapse Inn or Primrose... Lemme tell ya, the Pipe Inn was a real Taj Mahal... I couldn't hardly get out of the parking lot without some junkie asking me for a ride to Camden...

Oh yeah, my GF back there has been chatting with me all nite on FB... She wants me to come back... Tempting...

Been up watching the news since 5:00. Its like I almost feel guilty just going about my business as usual, in light of what happened in Sandy Hook yesterday. I've done some work down that way. I go to Newtown for arborist supplies regularly. It's about 30 mins away. Its like a black cloud lingering.. incomprehensible.

Yeah, I had to quit watching the news yesterday... Was making me heartsick. Couldn't stop thinking about those kids last night. I read through a lot of this thread that I had missed while I was on the road. I can always count on this thread for comic relief. It's either that or fight with the drunk haters here on a Friday night... :)

Latest posts

Back