whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, we have hacks coming out of the woodwork here. Same thing happened in '98. Every guy with money to buy a saw suddenly became a "Dangerous removal our specialty!" tree company. And more than a few sunk serious coin into a some might fancy gear - F350s with top of the line custom company paint jobs - towing brand spanking new Vermeer 1000s that they ended up selling down the road when they realized that the big money from emergency work only lasts a few weeks or months at best, and then it's back to just making a living and they realized they still had to pay for all that expensive shizzle they bought.

Dreamers... :msp_biggrin:

Ha ha you are so right on! What takes those bozo's 2 days to do we are knocking out in a few hours! lol drive by and smile at them! They have to let their wild things cool down when they overheat or blow up and fix them!

Did a small norway maple removal for this one older lady first half of the day. The tree was nice and easy, bombed nice little pieces, and my rock star groundie had no problems keeping up with me. Only crappy part of the whole job was the driveway. The house has a tiny little parking area at the top, which is through a bunch of gardens and what not. So we took the chipper around the street and used a neighboring driveway, which was the terrible part. The driveway is really tight, I knew going in it would not be fun because I used it a few years back for another house. Put the pintle on the front of my chevy to get the chipper up there, and that was TIGHT. Turned the chevy around, and blew chips into that. Dodge Vader would have never fit up that driveway, let alone with the chipper. Finished up another job after lunch, and actually got a check! Went back to the little old lady's place this evening to get paid, she's all happy, wound up getting a call from another customer up the road, they had my payment ready as well. I had chipped a very small pile of brush for them on Monday, so they baked me a cake today, freakin awesome. That lady is a great baker, cook meh, but GREAT baker. Also looked at a job for the old lady's neighbor... no money. They want to prune 4 medium sized oak trees over the house, 1 small oak by the road, and prune / guy 2 oaks behind the house. Told them $2,000, they can't swing it.... been going through quite a bit of this lately.

This is what we are doing today .... Figures we get the trees in the wires while the twp. Baboons do all the pole clip and light work
ydata8a4.jpg
y6u6a4uh.jpg
huzate6e.jpg
gy8a8u7e.jpg
yhyve6a8.jpg

Oh, And Fridays will be hald days for the rest of the season. Cant get nothing done around here after noon time.. I cancelled a bid to day at a location 10 miles away because at 1500 it was an hour and a half drive to get there. Motherfuk that ****.

Flame away, this is one taken same day from the crane pics that I made my new profile pic on fb LOL...

Latest posts

Back