whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1381800_10201368090577161_836872845_n.jpg

1385761_10201368090097149_1477336174_n.jpg

553899_10201368090057148_536584728_n.jpg

The Dan looking svelte as usuall.

I was up in the bucket yesterday and had a line go and it sprayed the one side of the house pretty good. I need to know whats the best way to get the hydraulic fluid off of vinyl siding. Help!

I was thinking of using my power washer but not sure on the soap. I just want to make sure it doesnt discolor the siding.

I was up in the bucket yesterday and had a line go and it sprayed the one side of the house pretty good. I need to know whats the best way to get the hydraulic fluid off of vinyl siding. Help!
I tried that once and the cleaner itself kinda whit washed the siding , if it were me I would try the clear primer that you use on irrigation pipes on a spot no one will see , my experience was a huge blowout where I soaked the house and roof bad .

Vinyl siding may appear maintenance free, but if you are the proud owner of a home with siding, you have already learned that it simply isn’t so. Vinyl siding requires care to keep it looking its best. It needs to be properly cleaned and stains removed to keep it from looking dirty and dingy. Here are the steps to clean the siding on your home and remove any stains that may have developed over time.

You Will Need:

Hot water
Strong detergent such as TSP substitute, siding cleaner or Spic and Span
Scrubber
Cleaners for stain removal
Grass/Grease/Oil: Fantastik, Murphy Oil Soap, Windex, Lysol
Rust: Fantastik, Murphy Oil Soap, Windex
Tar: Soft Scrub
Dirt/Soil: Fantastik, Murphy Oil Soap, Lestoil
Mildew: Laundry bleach
Bucket
Rubber gloves
Goggles
Steps to Remove the Stains:

Before attempting to remove stains, it is best to clean the area with a general cleaner. Protect yourself with rubber gloves and goggles.
Mix a strong solution of siding cleaner or other strong detergent and hot water.
Scrub the area with a scrub brush and the solution.
Once the general cleaning is completed, you are ready to tackle the stain. Use the cleaner designated for the particular stain you are working to remove. Try several different cleaners to find which one works best on the particular stain for your siding.
Fill a bucket with hot water and either add the cleaner to it or have it ready to go.
Moisten the area with water and then scrub it using the cleaning solution.
Start at the bottom of the stain and work your way to the top. Ensure that the areas under the area where you are cleaning remain wet. Avoid getting dirty water on dry siding as it can be harder to rinse off.
Work in small sections and rinse each section when completed. This will help to ensure that each area is cleaned and rinsed before it dries.
Additional Tips and Ideas

When using cleaning products, always read the labels thoroughly and educate yourself about any necessary precautions that should be taken while using the products.
Never mix bleach with cleaning products that contain ammonia. This mixture produces toxic fumes.
Though painting seems like a quick fix, it is not recommended for vinyl siding. The surface of vinyl siding is such that paint does not adhere to it well at all.
Regular cleanings are important for keeping vinyl siding in good condition and lasting for many years. For cleaning instructions, see our article about How to Clean Vinyl Siding.

I had the happen but it was an old aerial lift which operated on ATF fluid , talk about a nightmare the house was a pretty white .

Sent from your wife's phone

Maybe try a house washing company in your area? Bet it can't be very expensive to have them come out and pressure wash it that way you can push some of the liability off on them if the wall comes out a different color. Just thinking here.

Maybe try a house washing company in your area? Bet it can't be very expensive to have them come out and pressure wash it that way you can push some of the liability off on them if the wall comes out a different color. Just thinking here.
Thats a good idea, I know a guy that has a pressure washing buss and does some big contracts. He has a mobile unit that has a water heater and im sure he would know what to use on it. You would think some hot water and a mild soap like dawn would cut through it.

Back