whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed out my axle on the dump trailer. Surprisingly, it went pretty smooth, cept for the wheel bearings, they seemed too small for the new axle. I checked with shop, right ID, so I put the washer and nut on, started running it down, then "ping" it popped on and slide right in. Thought for sure I would have a issue somewhere, nope. But trailer is still new, so I guess that helps. Nice having it back, was making me sick looking out the window at my brand new dump trailer that I couldn't use.

Crappy day but got the job finished. You know it is going to be a bad day when you run the bobcat into the customers backyard fence before any tree work has started. Then after lowering the hard limbs at the bottom of the tree you f-up and hit the fence again when lowering a easy limb. After that i just started bombing some limbs. So i fingered what the hell i have to replace the fence anyway so we removed the bent section and just pulled the tree over into the field. ( before i broke anything else ) Saved a lot of time by pulling it over, 5 hrs done with me and 2 guys.

Not to tell you your business because I certainly wasn't there, but it seems from my pov that perhaps you should have just taken a section of that fence down and dropped it right off the rip!

Yesterday I took my dump trailer to the tire shop to get the tires patched up. In one tire I seen three nails and I know there were nails in the other tires. The tires are about shot but not ready to stick 500 bucks in tires yet, it was 80 bucks to get all the tires patched up.

Yesterday I took my dump trailer to the tire shop to get the tires patched up. In one tire I seen three nails and I know there were nails in the other tires. The tires are about shot but not ready to stick 500 bucks in tires yet, it was 80 bucks to get all the tires patched up.

For $80.00 you can buy all the tools and patches you need to do your own repairs.

Buy a tire hammer and a couple of irons, buy some various patches and tire plugs, and you will save a LOT of money. Be sure to only use Tech patches and plugs: they are the best.

I know; most of you guys hate working on tires. Once you get the hang of it, it's quite a bit quicker than taking them to the tire shop and not nearly as unpleasant as shagging logs out of a back yard. I already have the tools to dismount the tires, and it only takes me about 5 minutes to pop a tire bead and put on a patch. 20 minutes is a slow tire repair, and I have less downtime and expense than taking it somewhere else. Then you start doing the bobcat tires (No! they are NEVER easy), the tractor tires (heavy, but usually easy), and the bigger truck tires (piece o' cake, usually), and you have become independent of the tire repair center. Balancing? Try these: http://www.techtirerepairs.com/ProdPages/Featured-TechPlus.htm

After a few years of doing your own tires, you will wonder why you ever paid anyone else to do the easy work.

The wife and myself are treating ourselves to a well deserved vacation in Costa Rica. This is where we ate lunch today. No big deal.
4uge6ugy.jpg

First day with the new hitchhiker and CT foot ascender. Pretty slick outfit coming from the Blake's. Both still work fine in -30 with 60kmh winds if anyone is wondering lol. The foot ascender was filling up with ice which was thick enough to cover some teeth but it still worked just fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First day with the new hitchhiker and CT foot ascender. Pretty slick outfit coming from the Blake's. Both still work fine in -30 with 60kmh winds if anyone is wondering lol. The foot ascender was filling up with ice which was thick enough to cover some teeth but it still worked just fine!

Glad to hear Jeremy! Thanks for toughing it out in the cold and taking one for the team! Tough tree guy right here! Hopefully the weather warms up for us and it'll be nice climbing then this crap!

Glad you like the HH and CT! I told you you would like it! Once you get it dialled in it'll be slicker then today even!

Thanks again Jeremy! The more you climb with the HH and CT and get in fully dialled in you'll like it even better!

what everyone else snowplowing or welding these days? No one doing tree work? Jeeeessshhhh
Pretty much. I have been hiding from it, tired of the cold and all the freakin snow. Keep signing work tho, so the backlog is building. I have read many reports/case studies and have been studying a bunch, so the time is not totally wasted. Cant wait to climb in just jeans and a T-shirt.

what everyone else snowplowing or welding these days? No one doing tree work? Jeeeessshhhh

Had a fun crane job yesterday down is West Philly by Osage St - home of Johnny Afrika and the Move. All the bothers and their mothers where out hollering about us cracking their sidewalks but we shut the street down and parked the crane right up there, reached in 3 houses and pulled a mulberry out, half of which had fallen back there across 3 further yards. When we were done I started singing, " The Roof, the roof, the roof is allright!" Then we skadadled back to Chester County where I can swing my **** anyway I want and do.

Working again with The Crane Man LLC was a pleasure. We had to take the trunk is several small sections and managed to get every cut clean through without hitting metal although I did run someone's 192 into the pavement for awhile. Boy, wait til that guy finds out!

One of the main leaders was stone dead so we threw it on my pick-up and I plan to split and burn that SOB today because I am about out of dry wood.

Most of the work to do now is drive around and chip fallen branches but the stuff is still frozen in. We were out the other day chipping but realized it was going to be more exspensive than people wanted to pay.

Got my communication put in my helmets today. Same setup as the Kask ones ropetek sells. I connected it to my phone via blue tooth to try it out. I got about $180 in each setup not including the helmet. Much cheaper then the peltor models.uploadfromtaptalk1393641259446.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393641270364.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

We're just kicking back, listening to the adventures of Jeremy and Deevo. Lol.:popcorn:
Adventure is an understatement! I just missed a 98 car pile up getting to the job then had to find my way home at the end of the day with a slew of closed roads and highways. 2 1/2 hours later and I had made it home from the corn maze. It was apocalyptical!

Some of you may have heard. We here have had a terrible storm today and will be here thru tomorrow,,great for the hourly guys,,hang in the salary guy. Yup, terrible, Lots of trees down because of the wind. We are usually dry so our trees roots are usually within 6 inches below grade. Please pray for so-cal,,
Jeff :p

Back