whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only worth it because we can point and laugh at the guys slaving for other guys ! No matter how broke I am I will never have to worry about that as part of my day . I've helped out other guys and without fail at some point in the day I have the words **** you I'm outta on the the tip of my tongue

I've only been in business 7 yrs now which isn't that long but long enough to know. When thing are bad it can be rough but when it's good it's better than anything else I've ever done in my life. Each year the bad gets less and the good get better. I've struggle with a new business through some of the worst times for anyone to be in business and survived. I don't think anything could dissuade me now unless I decide to sell everything I own and become a hermit living in the woods off the land. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can only top you by 1 year, Been doing this on my own for 8 years now. Could never go back to working for someone else. And never will

I don't know people's ages in here but I always thought I would never go back to working for a company, let alone a municipality. As I got older and began to not recuperate as fast and thought of where I'd be say at 60, I decided to get out and start the next chapter. I looked down the road at retirement, something I would think comes early to people in this line of work. Are any of the diehards prepared for the fact that retirement will come some day? And what do we all really have then? Older equipment worth something but probably not too much and savings. Have we all saved as much as we'll all need in retirement? That's why I got out of the private. Too scary for me. Needed security.

Had a guy try and work my price down $500 on a two day job this morning.. offered to pay cash. Used the builder/general contractor as the middleman to do the dirty work. Guys gotta be a millionaire. Building a castle on the lake. I refused it. Just give me a check for the full amount. They called back and said go ahead. A small victory. ****ing people amaze me.

Got a text message today about a "marine" that wants to buy my track loader. Wants to PayPal the full amount but I'm dubious since they won't answer the phone.

Had a guy try and work my price down $500 on a two day job this morning.. offered to pay cash. Used the builder/general contractor as the middleman to do the dirty work. Guys gotta be a millionaire. Building a castle on the lake. I refused it. Just give me a check for the full amount. They called back and said go ahead. A small victory. ****ing people amaze me.
Them mutha fuqers always gonna try that 23rd hour ******** ! I can say **** it and go home as quick as I got here ....

worked for that guy several times while building that house. he broke every subs balls and he is fully loaded..i guess thats why, he doesn't want to see anybody else make any.

worked for that guy several times while building that house. he broke every subs balls and he is fully loaded..i guess thats why, he doesn't want to see anybody else make any.

Like I told the builder, its a fair price. I charge everybody the same, doctors, lawyers, regular old t town working people. "Job is job", as an old timer said to me once.

Back