whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. What pisses me off is when they start to tell you about all their problems( flat tire, replaced carpet, broken 2000 inch tv, etc) as they're trying to get a better price. Had someone build a half million dollar house up the road from me. I was out walking my dogs and noticed the woman struggling with taking some stuff out to the road for the garbage man. I offered to help her and commented on how terrible it was to just build a house and have to replace a bunch of appliances right after moving in. She told me they were just getting new things because they got a new house. A year later they wanted a price on a dead ash removal. Acted like I was being criminal with my quote. Said they couldn't afford to pay said amount. It s a rotten stub now.

I had a lady the other day that tried to talk me down $100 on a $500 trim job that I already had let her use an expired $50 coupon. She was in a $600K house. I try to be fair with people no matter who they are. I ended up getting the job. On the other hand, her next door neighbor sees me 30 ft up in a tree and decides he wants some trim work as well. He was the opposite of her. 'I don't care what it cost, just take care of it for me'. He was pleased enough with what we did that he's having us back a second time to do some more pruning for him.

Took the new setup out for its maiden voyage. It replaced the Isuzu nqr that was setup the same way, just smaller.

b3e9be3968e97950222e883f45a393f4.jpg

d0588a5982d2b40996d0cce17b07faed.jpg
I am digging that!!
On your mini platform, what is the purpose of going the additional width?
Do you use that space for something else?
The reason I ask is that gap between the tool box together with the extra space on the mini platform looks to be close to 12" on my phone... Would that space be better suited for more toolbox, or more chip bed?...

I am on the hunt ;)

And again, Sweet Rig

I am digging that!!
On your mini platform, what is the purpose of going the additional width?
Do you use that space for something else?
The reason I ask is that gap between the tool box together with the extra space on the mini platform looks to be close to 12" on my phone... Would that space be better suited for more toolbox, or more chip bed?...

I am on the hunt ;)

And again, Sweet Rig
Build a plywood rack in there!

I had a lady the other day that tried to talk me down $100 on a $500 trim job that I already had let her use an expired $50 coupon. She was in a $600K house. I try to be fair with people no matter who they are. I ended up getting the job. On the other hand, her next door neighbor sees me 30 ft up in a tree and decides he wants some trim work as well. He was the opposite of her. 'I don't care what it cost, just take care of it for me'. He was pleased enough with what we did that he's having us back a second time to do some more pruning for him.

We have them here in $1.5K houses try to talk us down to $400 or $500 on $950 jobs. I've got where I tell those type of nickel-dimers and ball busters to lose our number.

Latest posts

Back