whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my bucket in to a dealership for an air brake recall...... From 10 years ago. Other owner never ****ed with it. It was running hot on the highway so I told them about that too. I pray to glob that it's not a cemented up radiator. I hear the 3126 ones are very pricey.

Are you towing anything with it? My bucket has the 3126 as well and generally works fine but it runs hot when pulling hills with the loader or chipper behind it. I just don't think there's enough engine there for all that weight.

Sometimes I do. The temp gauge goes up to 220 on the highway and after climbing hills then takes a while to go back down. If there's nothing wrong with it then I'm fine with that but I don't want to cook this engine. Quite honestly I wouldn't be able to afford a rebuild.

Sometimes I do. The temp gauge goes up to 220 on the highway and after climbing hills then takes a while to go back down. If there's nothing wrong with it then I'm fine with that but I don't want to cook this engine. Quite honestly I wouldn't be able to afford a rebuild.

I noticed it seemed like my DT ran hot like that when it had the scored cylinder. Hope it's nothing like that. Hear any knocking? Lol.

Well, just finished getting my ass handed to me by a customer because my loser worker decided to get all ****ed up last night and not show up. My tongue is bleeding from biting it. ****er,, I just picked that job up yesterday too, figured it was the perfect thing to fit in while the bucket is in the shop. Now I gotta push off other customers that have waiting for me and run up there Monday. "I find it disconcerting that you have a crew that isn't reliable". I should've told him to **** **** himself!! I probably would've if he didn't live on my road. Grr!!!!

Wtf?! U serious? How hot was your engine running?

Can't remember exactly.. probably 220- 230 pulling long hills, then it would drop back to like 170-180 as soon as going downhill again. I don't think it ever ran like that till the cylinder deal. I haven't noticed it running hot this year like that, but have been real local lately, so it hardly has a chance to warm up. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Hopefully yours is fine (I was half busting your ass).

Spent the last two days grinding stumps
9cf96f352ba718c1ef1c16d6e886e68a.jpg

Oddly enough, right after mds got my underwear in a bunch I received a call from the garage. The engine was apparently running hot because of a faulty radiator cap. The coolant system was way over pressurized. Good news I guess.

Oddly enough, right after mds got my underwear in a bunch I received a call from the garage. The engine was apparently running hot because of a faulty radiator cap. The coolant system was way over pressurized. Good news I guess.
That seems odd.

I took the radiator screen off my chipper the other week, man it took quite awhile to hose out the dust and crap in the fins.

Today I almost broke my brand new pole saw and my face.

Well, just finished getting my ass handed to me by a customer because my loser worker decided to get all ****ed up last night and not show up. My tongue is bleeding from biting it. ****er,, I just picked that job up yesterday too, figured it was the perfect thing to fit in while the bucket is in the shop. Now I gotta push off other customers that have waiting for me and run up there Monday. "I find it disconcerting that you have a crew that isn't reliable". I should've told him to **** **** himself!! I probably would've if he didn't live on my road. Grr!!!!

I think you should have come up with a better excuse.

Can't remember exactly.. probably 220- 230 pulling long hills, then it would drop back to like 170-180 as soon as going downhill again. I don't think it ever ran like that till the cylinder deal. I haven't noticed it running hot this year like that, but have been real local lately, so it hardly has a chance to warm up. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Hopefully yours is fine (I was half busting your ass).

Try pressure washing the radiator,,
Jeff ;)

There is a test strip for the antifreeze to check for combustion gasses. I tried the radiator cap first and that wasn't it. Ended up being a small crack in the head gasket. I hope that's not the case with your engine. Cause while you're that far into it you get the head checked and might as well have the injectors rebuilt.
Mine is a dt466. Is that cat motor in a chevy? I know the one at work the radiator is behind the inter cooler. Makes it next to impossible to clean out without tearing the whole thing out.

There is a test strip for the antifreeze to check for combustion gasses. I tried the radiator cap first and that wasn't it. Ended up being a small crack in the head gasket. I hope that's not the case with your engine. Cause while you're that far into it you get the head checked and might as well have the injectors rebuilt.
Looks like a gas engine assuming carborate??

Mine is a dt466. Is that cat motor in a chevy? I know the one at work the radiator is behind the inter cooler. Makes it next to impossible to clean out without tearing the whole thing out.

Yes, it's a Chevy 7500 and there is something in front of the radiator. I thought it was the tranny cooler but it could be for the air.

Back