whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered my first portawrap today off treestuff
cant wait, been getting so sick and tired of wrapping the rope around the trunk of the tree...

I also got the "bag-o-rope" for 75$.
its apparently a bag full of random pieces of rope? should be fun

I just ordered my first portawrap today off treestuff
cant wait, been getting so sick and tired of wrapping the rope around the trunk of the tree...

I also got the "bag-o-rope" for 75$.
its apparently a bag full of random pieces of rope? should be fun

I am not even going to ask how long you have been doing this but , yes, the bag-o-rope should keep you entertained for a few weeks.

Anyway:

So dude with the dumpster is still trying to get a permit to cross the 10 ton bridge. There was a big house that burned down along this road about a year ago, they have been hauling it out in pick-up trucks. The reason the house burned so long is because they couldn't get a tanker over the bridge and had to run a mile of hose to the creek. I think they should have just let the thing keep burning til it was a little pile of ash as it would have been a lot easier to clean up.

I had put shoes, drums and a cable on my dump truck finally because I knew I would need that stuff for this particular job. Today I had backed up across a lawn on hill between the dogwoods, I smushed down on the parking brake and it held. How many of us can say that about our parking brakes?

I am noided out about ticks, I feel them crawling up my neck, around my ears, into my pee hole. I mean what if you had one of those ****ers dug into the tip of yer willy? Jesus, I think I am check myself again. Why can't humans wear flea and tick collars like dogs and cats? I mean if you have a pet chances are it has a collar and you are always petting the animal and having it in your lap. Not to mention the edible stuff they have to pets. I think I am gonna eat some or at least get a couple collars and wear them on my boots.

I am not even going to ask how long you have been doing this but , yes, the bag-o-rope should keep you entertained for a few weeks.

Anyway:

So dude with the dumpster is still trying to get a permit to cross the 10 ton bridge. There was a big house that burned down along this road about a year ago, they have been hauling it out in pick-up trucks. The reason the house burned so long is because they couldn't get a tanker over the bridge and had to run a mile of hose to the creek. I think they should have just let the thing keep burning til it was a little pile of ash as it would have been a lot easier to clean up.

I had put shoes, drums and a cable on my dump truck finally because I knew I would need that stuff for this particular job. Today I had backed up across a lawn on hill between the dogwoods, I smushed down on the parking brake and it held. How many of us can say that about our parking brakes?

I am noided out about ticks, I feel them crawling up my neck, around my ears, into my pee hole. I mean what if you had one of those ****ers dug into the tip of yer willy? Jesus, I think I am check myself again. Why can't humans wear flea and tick collars like dogs and cats? I mean if you have a pet chances are it has a collar and you are always petting the animal and having it in your lap. Not to mention the edible stuff they have to pets. I think I am gonna eat some or at least get a couple collars and wear them on my boots.

We here at AS are happy to listen to you for free,,
a psychiatrist would charge by the hour,,
It was a beautiful day!
Jeff :heart:

More trailer park climbing for this guy today. The same park where I first started climbing back in '87. Feeling more tired than nostalgic. The one photo shows a pretty decayed cross section. It did seem a tad wobbly climbing above it.

IMG_20160510_102322281-480x640.jpg IMG_20160510_103533391-480x640.jpg IMG_20160510_142808651-480x640.jpg

Did some contract climbing for a landscaping outfit yesterday....showed their helper how to run the porty. And he surprised the heck outta me by somehow halfhitching the lowering line. Photo below of him and his boss trying to get the limb down. Ash tree beside primaries, between a propane tank and a generator. Good times. Survived. Nothing got destroyed.

IMG_20160509_151952260-480x640.jpg

Did some contract climbing for a landscaping outfit yesterday....showed their helper how to run the porty. And he surprised the heck outta me by somehow halfhitching the lowering line. Photo below of him and his boss trying to get the limb down. Ash tree beside primaries, between a propane tank and a generator. Good times. Survived. Nothing got destroyed.

View attachment 502610

I remember time like these.

Can't figure out why this tree failed. :confused:
IMG_20160408_130105493_zpsebwvdt4r.jpg

Other half is just as hollow. Oh well, less weight to haul up the hill.

20160515_111802-1.jpg Got a call yesterday from the zoo. One of the dead standing trees that are installed in the snow monkey exhibit had rotted and fallen into its retention cables. We drove in beside the exhibit through packed roads - several hundred people zigzagging between the trucks with us going 1 mph. Anyway reached out hooked the top and removed the cables, pulled back abit then lowered and set it down for the monkeys to keep playing on. I complained about coming out on a Sunday but it worked out well

Turning some Siberian Elm trees into firewood...

SiberianElm1-1.jpg SiberianElm1-2.jpg SiberianElm1-3.jpg

Tomorrow, I'm going to start sinking 4x4 posts at the shop and get more firewood racks built. Trailers are full and I need them empty.

Latest posts

Back