whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fired the guy operating the crane because he joined a motorcycle gang here who is always getting in the news for breaking the law and causing trouble. Had him about 6 years and he began relapsing. Was in prison for few years but that didn't matter to me.

Guys in motorcycle “clubs” love drama no matter what they say. It’s their life.

I just don't care anymore. Ever since the city here took down a 240 year old bur oak last year and billed the utility $35,000. without taking the wood away and no stump grind included...well...I just don't care. I don't want the job at all but at that price I will do it. I think they expect you to just bill the time on the job and forget about what you have to do with the wood once you leave. Nearest dump with over 24" dia wood here is hour and half almost each way.

Omg, that’s horrible with the only being able to dump 24” wood. I’d die. My dump is like five or six miles away and takes anything.

I’d rather not say. I think they give me a deal because I’m there so much over the years, etc. it’s not that bad though.
my local landfill charges $13 if you dump less than 500 pounds, and $52/ton if you go over 500 pounds, not sure of a size limit on wood, but I do know they incinerate brush and pallets, if I recall they put logs in a rolloff and have someone else deal with it

probable sell all the logs to a mulch company

So I get a check in the mail today for a post storm cleanup job that this woman agreed on a predetermined price and we cleaned up flawlessly and used mats.
Attached to the check was this letter complaining about what I charged.
fe7de7bdddcec953294add93df9ca603.jpg

So I get a check in the mail today for a post storm cleanup job that this woman agreed on a predetermined price and we cleaned up flawlessly and used mats.
just going off what you said, not taking the time to read the letter at the moment, too busy

if she agreed to a price, then wants to complain later, thats her problem
tis the reason for signed contracts, she cant do much once that paper is signed, agreeing to said price

bummer! Sounds like you did a great job.

Some folks are never happy unfortunately. What are you going to do? Call her? Ignore it?

bummer! Sounds like you did a great job.

Some folks are never happy unfortunately. What are you going to do? Call her? Ignore it?

I don’t want to engage in that conversation. It took more than an hour and that doesn’t include travel time. I don’t know what she wants me to say.

I don’t want to engage in that conversation. It took more than an hour and that doesn’t include travel time. I don’t know what she wants me to say.
People just dont understand all the expenses.

Vehicle and equipment purchasing
Vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs
GL
CA
WC
IM
Payroll tax
Medicare and social security pay in
Accountant expense
Income tax
Property tax
Unemployment tax
Fuel
Payroll

Im sure I forgot one or two. Its amazing that we manage to make a living after all those.

she seems like any price would be fine SO LONG AS INSURANCE WAS PAYING but once she got notice that insurance doesn't pay, she complains.

Tell her to take it up with he r insurance company.

People just dont understand all the expenses.

Vehicle and equipment purchasing
Vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs
GL
CA
WC
IM
Payroll tax
Medicare and social security pay in
Accountant expense
Income tax
Property tax
Unemployment tax
Fuel
Payroll

Im sure I forgot one or two. Its amazing that we manage to make a living after all those.
how about paying your help and OMG profit on occasion!

Back