whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally tracked down someone in Oz to do some decent saws mods.

First in line is that unusable lump the 880 & the very well used 261.

Highly spoken about for mods were the 151 & 661, but I quite like the 661 as it is.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Thankfully it's a lot easier to get CEUS today than it was 10 years ago! I also really enjoy the pen del ISA conference which gives about 12-15 ceus per year.
Don't get me wrong...I'm glad you got that. But really, it's just a money thing with ISA. The only buzz word they push is "certified arborist". You put board certified master arborist in an ad and people will pay less attention to it than just certified arborist. Believe me. I used to mention in ads than I have a bachelors degree in horticulture (which I do)...that's a little more (a lot more) than a BCMA. No disrespect intended. "Degreed horticulturist" gets less attention than certified arborist. So you push what sells. I'm a money fighter...not an exhibitionist. I only need 30 ceu's every three years to keep me CA. I don't need a damn one to keep my bachelors degree. Go figure.

woodrack.jpg

I built this today. The question is whether all the wood shown below will fit... This is my third new rack this fall, bringing my storage capacity up from 11 full cords to about 16.
woodpile.jpg

Don't get me wrong...I'm glad you got that. But really, it's just a money thing with ISA. The only buzz word they push is "certified arborist". You put board certified master arborist in an ad and people will pay less attention to it than just certified arborist. Believe me. I used to mention in ads than I have a bachelors degree in horticulture (which I do)...that's a little more (a lot more) than a BCMA. No disrespect intended. "Degreed horticulturist" gets less attention than certified arborist. So you push what sells. I'm a money fighter...not an exhibitionist. I only need 30 ceu's every three years to keep me CA. I don't need a damn one to keep my bachelors degree. Go figure.
The age old CEU theory is to keep holders current with technology amongst other things..and a good theory it is.

Hung out with a couple of good friends and cut up trees in a swamp :)

You weekend warrior chainsaw club guys might oughta get yourself a big shot and throw line and pull rope for ease and safety...and maybe a diet and or a little fitness for strenuous work like that.

Me...I am gonna run new gen Stihls only that are modded professionally. Why?...because I can afford to. Ported 661 and ported 880 couple of days ago on a $5k tree removal that took just a day and a half. No time to cut 50 cookies lol.

View attachment 940867

I built this today. The question is whether all the wood shown below will fit... This is my third new rack this fall, bringing my storage capacity up from 11 full cords to about 16.
View attachment 940868
Nice rack but maybe a bit over engineered?

add a 15 mil. 8'x10' tarp......https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-8-ft-x-10-ft-Polyethylene-Tarp/1001029700

1636718594995.png

You weekend warrior chainsaw club guys might oughta get yourself a big shot and throw line and pull rope for ease and safety...and maybe a diet and or a little fitness for strenuous work like that.

Me...I am gonna run new gen Stihls only that are modded professionally. Why?...because I can afford to. Ported 661 and ported 880 couple of days ago on a $5k tree removal that took just a day and a half. No time to cut 50 cookies lol.

I think a big shot is a good idea, me? I just use an excavator. And I have a pile Autotunes....because I can afford to have multiples. I still have a 572 new in the box. Can port my own as well :) Could afford Stihl If I wanted to as well, they are awesome saws...:) I just prefer the pumpkins. But as every day is a "weekend" I'll use new stuff couple of days then run my old saws at times as well like that day, because I like them.:)

5k for a 26” flopper? Lol, apparently you do have some loyal customers lol

5k for a 26” flopper? Lol, apparently you do have some loyal customers lol
No potty lift access...too tight. So you would wet your panties just looking at that tree. Me...I high balled it. He got 2 other bids from top locals. Very likely he chose me even though I was higher. Happens all the time. But the fact you don't get it...and you say schit like that...is why you have no wife and fam? Just askin...

No potty lift access...too tight. So you would wet your panties just looking at that tree. Me...I high balled it. He got 2 other bids from top locals. Very likely he chose me even though I was higher. Happens all the time. But the fact you don't get it...and you say schit like that...is why you have no wife and fam? Just askin...

How would you even know what a “potty lift” could access or not? You have no idea what these modern machines are capable of. Same with the grcs… or giant.. or log truck.. or tractor with logging winch.

Realistically, your experience is kinda limited when I really think about it. I mean for all that flapping. Just saying.

Back