What are the most valuable collector saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next up I will jump to my 3rd oldest petrol chainsaw. This particular chainsaw was completely redesigned in 1933 as it had problems starting the chip pile on fire from bucking. The original design of this model type was designed in 1932 and production ran through 1935. This particular unit is 1933 and is the 1st year with the newly designed cylinder that relocated the rear exhaust to the front that directed the exhaust forward and off to the side vs the original design that had the rear exhaust with front mounted fuel tank. A few of these are known but not many are complete and or original. Stihl BK 1933FB_IMG_1711933404613.jpg

Beautiful saw, and really nicely displayed.
I have avoided two man saws generally for several reasons,, but chiefly because it takes so much room to store or display them. Your saws are very tastefully presented and it doesn't appear that there's a shortage of room--super super nice!
I keep all my saws in a display area. I have 1 section completed and plan to have 3 before its over. I have them displayed well to where one can visit and walk through them but there's never quite enough room for how I'd really like to have them setup.

I keep all my saws in a display area. I have 1 section completed and plan to have 3 before its over. I have them displayed well to where one can visit and walk through them but there's never quite enough room for how I'd really like to have them setup.
There's never enough room, but, from what I've seen in your pictures, you seem to be able to avoid any appearance of clutter.
My display room isn't big so it's fairly densely populated. My collection ranges from mundane to semi-difficult to find, it's been fun but definitely no heart stoppers like you have.

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_190824208.jpg
    IMG_20240331_190824208.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240331_190657823_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240331_190657823_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240331_190631986.jpg
    IMG_20240331_190631986.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
There's never enough room, but, from what I've seen in your pictures, you seem to be able to avoid any appearance of clutter.
My display room isn't big so it's fairly densely populated. My collection ranges from mundane to semi-difficult to find, it's been fun but definitely no heart stoppers like you have.
You have your collection setup very nicely I see.

I really like the way Jays collection looks. I’d also really like a separate building but that’s not gonna happen.
I’m rather proud of my collection but my place is so small when friends come over we all have to take turns going inside and looking around. Kinda small for over 125 saw on display. And where in the world did you find a Winchester card table (I guess) that large to set that saw on? I also collect Winchester.

You should go check as finding a stihl bdn stateside would indeed be a unusual find. Many different brand 2 man saws were made a a few copies from other manufacturers of this particular saw were manufactured throughout the world. If it is indeed a stihl bdn even in rough condition they have good value.
Next time we're up at the airport I'll have to see if it's a stihl or not. Looks like what you have in the picture, but I've never inspected it closely. Would be quite funny if it was worth something. Calvin always says it's not worth anything.

Latest posts

Back