What are the two most important things you leaned here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Baileys buisness took a huge spike since I joined this site!!:jawdrop:
And a lot of great FREE advice....
And that its OK to run green saws, even if they dont cure any disease, that I know of.:greenchainsaw:

That Baileys buisness took a huge spike since I joined this site!!:jawdrop:
And a lot of great FREE advice....
And that its OK to run green saws, even if they dont cure any disease, that I know of.:greenchainsaw:
You got a pic of that 3400 and the 3700. I have a 3400 now and had a craftsman 3.7 years ago. Finally wore it out. It was a good saw.

You got a pic of that 3400 and the 3700. I have a 3400 now and had a craftsman 3.7 years ago. Finally wore it out. It was a good saw.

Heres a couple :)
DCP01672.jpg

DCP01674.jpg

The two most important things I learned on AS

1) The answer to: What saw should I buy?

a) My Stihl MS361 (God's gift to sawyers)
b) My other Stihl MS361 (my cancer prevention Rx)

2) The answer to: What oil should I use?

GaryWay OIL!!!! coming to a bar or tavern near you. Made from flight deck jet fuel renderings and other good stuff.

Last edited:
Heres a couple :)
DCP01672.jpg

DCP01674.jpg

Nice bar on that green one, must be worth more than the saw ???:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Whoever posted about "curly fries" quartering big butts ( no, you fool: "bucks") saved my back, my body, my %#@&^%*@#%. Will the poster please stand up and speak ? I owe you. :clap: :clap:

I haven't been here very long but I have learned very quickly that it would probably be a bad idea to follow avalancher to a craigslist job site.

;)

Here's my 3400

chainsaws009.jpg

Stihl Sawing, Yours looks to be a little newer model, maybe early 90`s. My 3400 I bought new in 1985. Ive cut countless cords of wood with it over the years, its on its 3rd bar, air filters, plugs, sprocket only things I ever changed on it. Super reliable, great running old saw. Maybe someday before I die I`ll try a MS361 :) but I don`t think these are ever gonna wear out!

Stihl Sawing, Yours looks to be a little newer model, maybe early 90`s. My 3400 I bought new in 1985. Ive cut countless cords of wood with it over the years, its on its 3rd bar, air filters, plugs, sprocket only things I ever changed on it. Super reliable, great running old saw. Maybe someday before I die I`ll try a MS361 :) but I don`t think these are ever gonna wear out!
It was my father in laws, he passed in the late eighties, He didn't have the saw long and didn't use it much. I haven't run probably two tanks through it since i've had it. I did wear out the 3.7 craftsman a few years ago. I was cutting for three families and it lasted about fourteen years.

Last edited:
2 Lessons learned

There are many lessons to be learned at this site.

a#1 Chaps. Although the back is open.... your @55 is protected a little more than without them
#2 OWB's are for people with clean houses... :clap:

#3 I LOVE MY HEARTHSTONE II

Latest posts

Back