What are these bars....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I look at it- if it were any good, or indeed a really good ground breaking advance in bar development - most every bar manufacturer would be doing it...... or at least Farmertec would be copying it!
Bit gimmicky, like those sharpening systems that fit on the nose sprocket and you jamb the moving chain into it......

Just educated guessing here.
roller nose bar so it will need grease, and still suck
the spring? loaded tensioner system will get stuff stuck in it, then fail, or break in a cut then get jammed.
plunge cutting will be disastrous at worst, comical at best
back barring might be out of the question entirely
in fact it looks expensive and overthought by someone that maybe has seen a chainsaw but never used one, sorta like Uber... its just a taxi, but driven by an unemployed college dropout with a car payment and no hope.

Speaking of which, ya all heard of the UberPool... its like uber, but fits more people, more then a van... like a bus... its a ******* bus

Just educated guessing here.
roller nose bar so it will need grease, and still suck
the spring? loaded tensioner system will get stuff stuck in it, then fail, or break in a cut then get jammed.
plunge cutting will be disastrous at worst, comical at best
back barring might be out of the question entirely
in fact it looks expensive and overthought by someone that maybe has seen a chainsaw but never used one, sorta like Uber... its just a taxi, but driven by an unemployed college dropout with a car payment and no hope.

Speaking of which, ya all heard of the UberPool... its like uber, but fits more people, more then a van... like a bus... its a ******* bus

Pretty much nailed it!

The way I look at it- if it were any good, or indeed a really good ground breaking advance in bar development - most every bar manufacturer would be doing it...... or at least Farmertec would be copying it!
Bit gimmicky, like those sharpening systems that fit on the nose sprocket and you jamb the moving chain into it......
I actually own one of those "put it on the nose and jam the moving chain into it" things, courtesy of a friend who doesn't do chain saws.

It requires a bar with two holes near the end, at the correct spacing - and none of mine have that - because I would have (cringingly, because it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me) tried it... has anyone actually used one of them? They look like a bad idea going somewhere to happen to me, especially having handled one and seeing how flimsy it feels.

I actually own one of those "put it on the nose and jam the moving chain into it" things, courtesy of a friend who doesn't do chain saws.

It requires a bar with two holes near the end, at the correct spacing - and none of mine have that - because I would have (cringingly, because it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me) tried it... has anyone actually used one of them? They look like a bad idea going somewhere to happen to me, especially having handled one and seeing how flimsy it feels.
I knew someone that had one and swore by it, I did try it, it does sorta sharpen the chain, if you squint just right, but it takes a special chain, special bar, and its not like redefining sharpness and efficiency or anything. The stone doesn't last very long either... meanwhile with very very little practice a guy could easily use a file, get the chain far sharper, cut 3 times as much wood and still be able to bore cut when needed

Back