What are you building with your milled wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slabmaster

slabmaster

ArboristSite Guru
Dave and Andy, I see you both are making good use of your milled lumber.Here's an update on the guitar i'm building .It's starting to finally look like one.I'm working on the neck right now, so i can put it together.

DaltonPaull

DaltonPaull

ArboristSite Operative
Dave - I like that bench!

Here's some stuff that all involves the first tree I milled a few years back, an elm from someones back yard here in Portland. I've got some black locust that's dry now, some English walnut that's almost ready and lots of oak and cherry that's still green but so far the elm is the only self-milled wood I've used.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Backwoods

Backwoods

ArboristSite Operative
It’s not a guitar, but I put up this little portable planner shed, and will be setting the planner up in it shortly. That will be music to my ears. I built the shed using some 20” wide 1” Doug fir. The runners underneath are Redwood, so it should hold up good over time. The whole shed was milled from this one ugly log.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

slabmaster

slabmaster

ArboristSite Guru
Slabmaster,

Any updated pictures of the Guitar project?

Mark

Hi Mark,Yes , I started number two.Here's some pics. of it. It has ash sides and quilted maple back with walnut center stripe.I'm planning on building a curly maple and walnut neck for it to match the walnut rossete i made out out walnut.I'm also building a flute for my sister out of walnut.

Last edited:
the westspartan

the westspartan

Addicted to ArboristSite
It’s not a guitar, but I put up this little portable planner shed, and will be setting the planner up in it shortly. That will be music to my ears. I built the shed using some 20” wide 1” Doug fir. The runners underneath are Redwood, so it should hold up good over time. The whole shed was milled from this one ugly log.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice work! That is a good look'n planner shed.

TNMIKE

TNMIKE

ArboristSite Operative
Slabmaster

I have always wanted to try my hand at an acoustic. Do you have a good book you can recommend to get me pointed in the right direction??

Latest posts