What are you eating this fine Christmas day?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My army kid was at home and wanted a Thanksgiving dinner since he missed that one. We had turkey, beef and all the sides. Lots left for a second go-around.:rock:

We had turkey and all the fixings,cherry cheese cake, man I am still hurting.

:rockn:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a great nite.:rock:

Damn, looks like you forgot the onions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the roast looks like it has allready been cooked!!

Onions are on the bottom, so you can't see them, I think it gives better flavor, could just be my imagination.

In that picture the roast has already started cooking. It was seared in a hot frying pan to help lock in and improve flavor. About a minute on each face, smoking hot cast iron pan.

Mr. HE:cool:

Well that explains it, I wouldent think someone that got all the other ingredients would forget the most important one next to carrots..
Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

A good roast heavy on the veggies is one of my all time favorite dishes.

I drink the broth like soup it is so good, Enjoy!!!

I havent had my big dinner yet, waiting for Grand Mammy to come up from NC.. Its gonna be Turkey & ham with all the accompaniments. . .

Sounds like lots of folks is eating good.:rockn:

I like talking food. I'm barely a novice in the kitchen, but I have fun in there and make food I like to eat. My wife is a downright wonderful cook and I always worry she won't like what I make, but so far she thinks I'm a good cook.

Mr. HE:cool:

Come on you all where is the only thing to eat for Christmas GOOSE

Bill
Bill, any good recipes for the goose?

We had 2 Christmas dinners, but they are both covered dish, and with the amount of people, there is always plenty to eat.

Also Mom fixed Christmas breakfast: country ham, eggs, rice, biscuits. hmm hmm good.

Merry Christmas to you all, hope the food was good, but the fellowship was better.

Bill, any good recipes for the goose?

We had 2 Christmas dinners, but they are both covered dish, and with the amount of people, there is always plenty to eat.

Also Mom fixed Christmas breakfast: country ham, eggs, rice, biscuits. hmm hmm good.

Merry Christmas to you all, hope the food was good, but the fellowship was better.

This is how we cook a goose in Louisiana.

Take a grown goose (wild or tame), marinate overnight with cajun season, butter, soy sauce, italian dressing, and garlic. Soak oak plank overnight in water. Build a good fire in smoker, lay goose on plank, and smoke for ~8 hre. When goose leg twist freely remove from fire. Throw goose in trash and serve oak plank over bed of wild rice. Enjoy!!!!

I ain't found a good way to cook goose except grilled with bacon, jalapeno, cream cheese and garlic. Take a half goose breast, pound flat, lay sliver of pepper, teaspoon of cream cheese, sliver of garlic, a shrimp if wanted, wrap up, wrap bacon around outside, and secure with toothpick. Grill until bacon is done over a medium fire. Down here all we get is Snow and Speckeld belly geese, Canidans don't make it this far.

can you all believe i just checked our mail box and in there was a bill from the hospital physicians on dad during his stay in the hospital $ 4800.00 and medicare did not cover it at all

now what am i going to do mom cannot pay this we dont have the funds to pay these medical bills

i wish a miracle would take place

LOL barneyrb, I have heard the board recipe about coots too. And all the fish eatin ducks. All we have are Canadians, mostly residentials. But most of our ducks get grilled with bacon wrapped around it, and sometimes a stew with potatoes, onions and carrots. Thanks for the recipe, Ill give it a try next season.

csx7006, hate to hear that.

Latest posts

Back