what can I use to make impulse lines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, getting a guy going in a pinch, I'll use a length of Tygon, and it works well. The problem with that, is that folks see that color on a fuel line, and they assume that it is "Tygon", when it is some cheap "crap" sold as "Tygon", which is sad as well.

I know folks say dont use tygon. But if you use the thicker walled stuff like I did in past till going to echo line. Tygon lasted 10 years on this saw and didnt replace because of it. Saw needed new intake boot and av's.

Just got to be smart enough to not use thin walled line to begin with IMO. ;)

z3300imp.JPG

Driving to town and back costs me a several bucks in gas so I hate going on goose chases for sub-par parts. I've only now torn down a saw pretty far after my saw has held up very well for about 16 years. I'm going to use OEM parts and hope the next tear down is 16 years down the road. That's just me.

What would stand up to the heat for use on saws . I cant see paying 5-10 dollars each when you could buy 5 or 10 feet for that price. All the auto stores around here only have wiper washer line and I bought some silicone line on Ebay and it is way too thick.
how many saws you have for fixing and you need a cheaper way ?

I have been using 3/32" id. x 3/16" od Tygon on Poulan, Homelite, Husky and Mc's. Seems to hold up and fits well. I use on purges and fuel line. Its available at local auto parts store here. Might be $1-$1.50 per foot. I try to keep about 10-12 feet all the time. Some of the saws will require that you drill the tank out to accommodate the increased outer diameter to 3/16". But other than that its a good fix for my 2 cents. Should work well on surge also. Wish I could adapt the Stihls over to running this but will the grommet made into the fuel line haven't tried yet. Thinking of making an attempt on my personal saws, but leary of doing a customers saw until proven a viable option. Wouldn't want to use my customers for guinea pigs.

90014 black 3x5mm $24.35
90015 black 3x6mm $27.25
90016 black 3x7mm $29.50
90017 clear 3x6mm $30.45
90018 clear 2x4mm $20.50

That's the echo line and prices. No sense trying to cobble something together when you can get 25 foot for $20-$30.

And instead of drilling holes in the tank bigger just use the correct size line...poulan and weed water use .80x.140 line. Briggs and stratton part number 695542....roughly $40 for 50 feet

I have heard that the tygon doesnt like the continual heat that an impulse line is subjected to and have heard great success using the Echo line. I know I have had some fuel line used for impulse and it was very distorted and mushy from the heat, so I'll certainly stay away from using it.

Latest posts

Back