What chainsaw boots does everyone recommend?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihl kit is pretty hard to beat

I have the Stihl/elten ankle boots, which are really comfortable. I also have a pair of husky light 24 chainsaw wellies for muddier sites, not sure how they came up with the 'light' part in the name as they are really heavy.

as regards the trousers, Stihl Hi-flex are brilliant but pricey, a lot more comfortable and cooler than my husky chaps that i now have as a reserve pair. But the stihl trousers are ok to wear for prolonged periods of time i just got fed up with the chaps

Charlie

Also welcome to the site! its a great resource

I like the SIP chainsaw boots, but then again I don't work in a lot of rain! They are not massively heavy, you could wear them for landscape work and not look wierd... and relatively inexpensive compared to some of the others, under 100pounds.
Stihl hi-flex trousers, nice and flexible, not too heavy. Worth the cost.

Welcome to the site, limey myself, from Huddersfield, way, way back, so I talk normal and wear pants.

Wescos and Carharts....not chainsaw protective, either of them but the bots are worth every penny!

Malaka huh? You Greek?

Malaka Yourself! lol

One of my best buds growing up was greek...........

Ha.

No, I'm not greek, I had a greek flatmate a couple of years ago. He always called me it. Why, what does it mean?

P.S. Please tell me what boots you recommend. Thanks.

No, I'm not greek, I had a greek flatmate a couple of years ago. He always called me it. Why, what does it mean?

P.S. Please tell me what boots you recommend. Thanks.

Wescos and Carharts....not chainsaw protective, either of them but the bots are worth every penny!

As mentioned in the post above......Wesco makes the best boots money can buy!

Karl who?

I wear a pair of Karl Kuemmerling climbing boots, made by Red Wing Shoe company. I bought a pair of Wescos around the same time ('89) but gravitated toward the Kuemmerlings because they were much lighter. When they wear out, I'll start on the Wescos.

Unfortunately these boots are made in USA and aren't very readily available in the UK. Over here we mostly have brands like Elten, Haix and Lavoro. I'm thinking about Haix protector or Elten Hydrofell.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada actually. They ship anywhere-I had an order delivered to me in Afghanistan.

I just received a pair of these direct from AGO, great service plus I was able to get them in a shorter inseam than is normally found on most off the rack chainsaw pants.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back