What close calls have you had?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zale, you do any hunting and shooting? Five or six of us meet up at Barley and Hopps to shoot the breeze once a month, on a Sunday afternoon. All gun guys, no tree guys. I did run into Pogo a few weeks back. He asked if I could get an old Mall running for him. I've got to get back to him and tell him I'll give it a go, Joe.

Three guys pulling on a 2:1 with a ascender can shred a rope. I've done it. I thought the same exact thing you currently think. If you do some searches on youtube you can probably find discussions on the topic. Ascenders are meant for ascending, not pulling over trees. Be safe.

Well thanks for the advice. I'll check into it. So far, I have never broken a single fiber on any rope (that I can detect) in many years of using that ascender. It really isn't any harder to put in a good mid-line knot and clip the biner to that. I would have been obliged to hop the fence, cause I couldn't trust any of my newbies to tie one.

I have several pretty good newbies right now; I guess I should start training them again.

Zale, you do any hunting and shooting? Five or six of us meet up at Barley and Hopps to shoot the breeze once a month, on a Sunday afternoon. All gun guys, no tree guys. I did run into Pogo a few weeks back. He asked if I could get an old Mall running for him. I've got to get back to him and tell him I'll give it a go, Joe.
Not into hunting and haven't really done any shooting. I shot skeet once and enjoyed it. Where is Barley and Hops? I haven't seen Pogo in a while. I try to get to his pig roast in the Fall but missed it last year. I love going out to his farm and see his latest projects and what he has added to his museum. Maybe see you at the pig roast.

Not into hunting and haven't really done any shooting. I shot skeet once and enjoyed it. Where is Barley and Hops? I haven't seen Pogo in a while. I try to get to his pig roast in the Fall but missed it last year. I love going out to his farm and see his latest projects and what he has added to his museum. Maybe see you at the pig roast.
Barley and Hopps is in the same shopping center as Home Depot and Pet Smart on 355, across from FSK mall, Joe.

Latest posts

Back