What did You Do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Native

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well it was a good day today so i decided to break in some new chain and my Brand-Used Mac 850.

well i got some work done till it got to hot, but i got a pile of logs to show for it.
these were all from three snags i cleared. all for firewood though nothing over 12" average was 8" though. all the cut and stack was form a week earlier.

MS460_0551.jpg
I finnished up a MS 460 today and went outside and dogged a 28" bar and full comp chain into a Doug Fir log. Check out the curlies and the rooster tail.

Felled, bucked and limbed two long dead 22" Elms out in back, found no rot, just perfect seasoned firewood that is going to be miserable to split...

I drove 130 miles north, waited 45 min to get through customs at the border to go 1/2 mile in to pick up my 3120 racesaw. drove 65 miles out of the way to a lesser used border crossing, because going back in at 1,000 islands was a 4hr wait! BTW- thanks Ed.

Today I cut no wood, just worked on a friends 80's pontiac. I gotta get a friend to tow it to my place to finish it right.

Stacked the 1/2 cord wood I split yesterday. Cleaned up the chips, bark and all the shavings I made sawing up crotches yesterday. Minor maintenance on the saws - fuel/oil, tight chain on the MS310 (new chain just one days use so far - not very loose). Taught a bush maple not to dangle branches low enough to knock my hat off, yep that Husky 51 still running nice :).While there deleted some brushy stuff off of 3 lilacs. Loaded all the trash on truck and prepared for tomorrows outing. Not gonna be fun. In the 80s and I have probably 5-6 hours doing nothing but brushing a truck path through lord knows how many years of deadfall and 6ft tall grass. Can only stomp along until I trip on something then dig it out and pitch on a pile somewhere. Oh, yes for interruptions while playin with the wood and saws, had to do some real work such as watering flowers etc. for the wife.

Harry K

my day started yesterday, went to bed at 3 am. got up at 7 am , put a new fuel tank in a 3120 racesaw, also put a new ring in it as well, filed 2 new chains, tested 3- 3120's ********, a 181 racesaw, a 61 and a 2100.
Got a call from my father that they couldnot get the steering clutches and brakes out of one the dozers so went out and took them out. Did some pipe building and porting on other saws . Cecil phoned so I put a piped gas 3120 together for him this weekend, he just doesnot seem to like alcohol at least not for chainsaws, it is about midnight now so I had to meet him half way so he could pick the saw up, got back home and then pulled Woodlands 371 down to check it , put new ring in it and raised the ext port 2 degrees more, put her back together and went to bed it is now 4;20 am, got back up at 6;45 am, went and tested the 371 and it ran good on 20 % nitro and alcohol, got back home phoned Andy and Stumpy and left to meet them around 8 am. it was just a little over 3 hours drive and the border was like a traffic jam. Meet them gave them there saws and came back home , I did some more saw work and figuring for this turner which will be started on tomorrow, but besides that just about normal for a day around here :cool:

Went out and bid on 4 small thinning projects.
Got acceptance on 2 of them.
Went home, kicked back, and started celebrating our independance.

Happy 4th everybody.
Andy

traded a oiler diaphram for a S25cv Poulan & a set of old Poulan microfiche for a Super 133 Sachs that had a stuck ring and a set of spikes for a XL-12, got the Sachs freed up and running before supper :blob2:

Latest posts

Back