what did you pay for your ms361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flubber

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have purchased two of these in the last year. Paid $510 plus tax for each of them with 20" bars and rs chain. I know this is a good price but Im just curious what you all paid for them. :blob2:

That was a good price

Before I got mine, I did some research and ciphering. I came up with $570 being the 'average' price paid. That was based on the word of ten U.S. buyers who answered in the last "How much did you pay for your 361" thread.

The highest was $600, and the lowest was $539. Note that it was before the price hike last month. With mine and those two in the OP figured in, the average drops to $550.

This wasn't terribly accurate since the posters may have included state/local sales tax in the price they paid.

I have purchased two of these in the last year. Paid $510 plus tax for each of them with 20" bars and rs chain. I know this is a good price but Im just curious what you all paid for them. :blob2:
$510 is a great deal. That same saw go's for $600 in my area!

I have a local dealer here that is on average $50 cheaper per saw than anyone else I checked. I called all over and everyone elses prices were very close. How they stay in business with this better priced dealer is beyond me.

$599 w/ 18" bar in Eagleville, MO

It was supposed to be $589, but I didn't see he rang it up wrong until I got home and looked at my receipt. I wasn't about to drive 100 miles round trip for $10, especially since he threw in a carrying case for free and took a few bucks off a 6-pack of mix, few bucks off each chain, few bucks off files ... etc.

I called every dealer in a 75 mile radius of my house, they were all $589 w/ 18" bar and no extras thrown in for free.

I felt I got a fair shake and a responsive dealer (albeit a 45 minute hike from my house). But with the 361 I don't need to worry 'bout service, right?:biggrinbounce2:

God bless,
Chris

Check out this guys deal

Must have been fate for this guy and the saw, I just read this at another place.

(((((((----Just yesterday I posted that first saw thread.. First real saw anyway.I will try to make this short. Anyway I took a couple people's advise and didnt spend 500 dollars on a 390. Which I think is probably a nice saw. I was set on a Ms 310 because of budget. And that was stretching it this time of year. And I figured I would never justifly the price of the ms361. So I closed my cataloge and decieded to get the 310. Today the boss wanted me to go to FT. Wayne Ind.. with him to bid a job.. We stoped at a tool store..I think it was called MSI. I was getting bored and seen the stihl chainsaws.. They had the shelf chucked full of farm bosses. There was a lonley ms361 in the mix. I know the price 589 with a 18in bar by heart.. But no price on the saw. So out of boredom now I asked the clerk the price. He said they didnt carry 361's there. He was amazed when he seen it.. And said """""$350 dollars like the rest"""""So I was on that. Warranty the whole deal was $368 out the door.. My God.. My mouth was dry for twenty miles down the road. Had to slap my self ... I still cant believe it.. Cant wait for this weekend... Thanks fella's with out this place. I would have never been intersted in that particular saw.. hehehe.. No you cant have it..hehehe. First time I have ever got run over with a deal like that. The salesman knew it was a different saw and 2 other guys behind the counter didnt care either.
Must have been fate!))))))))))

Cool eh! The Big Guy above has a way of making things right for those in need.

Holy Crap!

Must have been fate for this guy and the saw, I just read this at another place.

(((((((----Just yesterday I posted that first saw thread.. First real saw anyway.I will try to make this short. Anyway I took a couple people's advise and didnt spend 500 dollars on a 390. Which I think is probably a nice saw. I was set on a Ms 310 because of budget. And that was stretching it this time of year. And I figured I would never justifly the price of the ms361. So I closed my cataloge and decieded to get the 310. Today the boss wanted me to go to FT. Wayne Ind.. with him to bid a job.. We stoped at a tool store..I think it was called MSI. I was getting bored and seen the stihl chainsaws.. They had the shelf chucked full of farm bosses. There was a lonley ms361 in the mix. I know the price 589 with a 18in bar by heart.. But no price on the saw. So out of boredom now I asked the clerk the price. He said they didnt carry 361's there. He was amazed when he seen it.. And said """""$350 dollars like the rest"""""So I was on that. Warranty the whole deal was $368 out the door.. My God.. My mouth was dry for twenty miles down the road. Had to slap my self ... I still cant believe it.. Cant wait for this weekend... Thanks fella's with out this place. I would have never been intersted in that particular saw.. hehehe.. No you cant have it..hehehe. First time I have ever got run over with a deal like that. The salesman knew it was a different saw and 2 other guys behind the counter didnt care either.
Must have been fate!))))))))))

Cool eh! The Big Guy above has a way of making things right for those in need.

Wowza! Now I don't feel so bad about my deal!

That brings the (14 saw) average down to $536 or so. But if ya toss out the two highs and the two lows, it's Stihl around $550 avg.

$589 with a 20" bar for us and same at the other nearby dealers. $639 for the CQ.

Dont own one cause they want $639 for them here now. They were $579 about 6 months ago. They want $879 for the 460...

My dealer had a saw that was new and fried,... by the dealer. I guess he and the Stihl guy were "testing" it.....At any rate he put in a new cyl. and piston, and wanted $450 for it. New price was $599.

I wanted a 20" es bar and RSC chain, instead of the 18" that was on it. That upped it $20. Total $470, with full warranty.

My dealer had a saw that was new and fried,... by the dealer. I guess he and the Stihl guy were "testing" it.....At any rate he put in a new cyl. and piston, and wanted $450 for it. New price was $599.

I wanted a 20" es bar and RSC chain, instead of the 18" that was on it. That upped it $20. Total $470, with full warranty.

I think we've only sold one with an 18" bar in the last yr or two. And we can't order ours with the es bar from our distributor,(don't mind swapping it out if the customer really wants it though).

Wifey bought a 361 CQ for me for Xmas - 639 + paid extra for case and full fare for extra loops.:censored: Love the saw, but my dealer usually never cuts a break, Oh well.

Back