What do climbers like??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutOnaLimb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
We all have ?????ed about the cruddy things. What do ya'll love about climbing?

Having the neighbor sunbathing nude next door?

Having the nude sun bather nextdoor realize we were working in the trees next door, and invite us for lemonade or iced tea???????

Or could it be that she realized we were there and flipped over and decideded to get her front sided tannned while we were pruning the neighbors trees??????

All In all, being a tree climber is a cool job to have.

I wouldnt trade if for the world

kenn

Did you happen to get any work done, or did the entire crew suddenly become quiet recreational climbers?

Sounded like a story probably told by the utility crew that walked-in to sight for a new r.o.w. at our place...caught my wife out laying bucko on the deck. She woke-up to some sighs and such and realized a run to the house would be more embarrasing than just staying put and chatting with them (she's not too modest).

Last edited by a moderator:
When I started at Asplundh, I got a whole new lesson in the term "permissioning"...

Eh Henry?

Tree climbing I don't even look at as work, it's like getting paid for a hobby. With all the performance saws that I have, it's great to be able to run them and get paid to do so. Also it is just plain cool! Ever walk into a party or something where there are few people that you know. When the question is raised about what you do for a living chances are you will be the only arborist there.

Love being outside all year. Can deal with the the cold better than the heat but it still ok. Did the office tie & shirt thing for a few years and hated it. Nice to be able to something that many can not or will not. Really nice to get paid for it.:)

Clients who come out in the morning and ask if you want coffee. Who come out in the afternoon and ask if you want water / iced tea.

Groundies who have a good personality / sense of humor.

Check the seat, first!

aaf_pfft.gif

1. Feeling them grow, and growing with them.

2. Leaving trees in much better shape than you found them.

3. Putting your head on the pillow each night knowing you left the world a better place than you found it. Then Sweet Dreaming.

What other reason is there for living? Why else are we here?

every job is different when you arrive. Some people hate tuesdays because they have to do payroll for 150+ coworkers...knowing that every day is adifferent story is kinda cool!

master blaster

when did your MVP change????
but that one has some style
jamie

I love the sound of the breeze blowing through the canopy... It's not a distant think uo there somewhere liek it is for the grounded... It's full surround sound....

I love the view, but also the climb. Nothing better than the first few locks getting off the ground - entering another dimension. One that most others don't know. Not even rock climbers. Knowing that after those first few locks, I can put the rest of the world behind me, the only thing that matters then is doing a good job, safely. That reminds me, I am late for work.........

;)

nothing better than being appreciated for doing a difficult job and being paid cash on completion.i hate going back for money

There’s an old joke that goes something like, “I’m glad I’m not a woman or I’d be a slut.”
I’m reminded of it when someone asks why I like to climb, because I’m glad I’m a climber or I’d be fat. Tree work sure keeps you in shape.

Latest posts

Back