What do yawl thank about this splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this question asked a few times lately on various wood burning forums.... end result I've seen is to pass.

Here are some of the con's...

unknown quality - can't find a single review anywhere on the net
appears to be knock off engine - looks like a knock off suby Robin to me...
toe is not solid
hydraulic components are unknown and iffy...
...etc.

Also someone found out this is not stocked at Sears - it is an online only product. They reported that shipping via freight was around $500...for that money you're better off with something else.

Again I have zero experience with this unit, just providing some feedback I've seen from other forums....FWIW....

You can do better. No filter for the hydro fluid and "trunion pin" support for the cylinder (instead of top end support). Where are you going to get parts? Do yourself a favor and look around, don't rely on the MFR's 'tonnage' rating and do some research on how hydraulic sytems work

I don't know bout down your way but around here I can get a 22 ton Husky/Speeco for 1,000$ I don't know how much splitting you do but 22 tons will split anything you want.

+1, can't really imagine it is much better, if at all, than the Speeco. The only thing I will say, if Sears gives the same extended warranty deal with this as they do with the other products, may be something to consider. I buy most of my gas powered lawn & garden products for around my house from sears and have warrantied a few and they do have a good warranty.

Latest posts

Back