What do you collect?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrapologist

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello to all the chainsaw collectors out there, I have a small collection of maybe 10 saws and several log saws of earlier vintage. I have a maul, titan, several mac's, remington, and a few others that I can't recal at the momment, tell me about what you folks have collected.

What I Collect

Hello;

I collect mainly Two Man Chainsaws, but I have some others as well. My current list of Two Man saws consists of; Mall 5,Mall 6,Mall 7,Mall 7H,Mall 10,Mall MP5, and Mall 11, Disston KB6-AX, Disston KB7-AY, Disston DA 211, Kiekhaefer KA 211, Lombard 42, Lombard 5 (Early), Lombard 5, Reed/Prentice 50, Reed Prentice Timberhog,McCulloch 99 Bow saw, Hornet, Pioneer Super Twin, Titan 60 series, Titan Bluestreak, Titan ER, and a Dolmar Model CK.
My One Man saws are; Titan Sportsman, Beaird Poulan 66 (bow) Homelite Bow, Solo 655VA,Remington Super 770-G military, Remington Super 770-G (Being restored)Wright reciprocating saw (Why?)Lombard 3A Bow saw, and a Lombard 3A farm saw
Just in case some of you are interested.

Collection

I have a McCulloch 940 with a 4 1/2' bar that I consider to be a two man saw. One man could use it, but he would have to be a real man. I also have a Pro Mac 10-10, a Pro Mac 430vc (junk), and a Mac 1-10. I guess they will become more and more collectable as time goes on.

Here is a list of some of my stuff. Homelite: 2100, Super 2100 Auto, 3100G, (4) 750's, (2) 650's, 550, 450, (6) 360's, XP-1000, XP-1020, 1050,ZIP, BUZ, 17, 7-19, 5-20, (6) SUPER EZ'S, SXL'S,XL-12'S, SXL-925, XL-923,150, AND XL-123. I know I am missing some and I apoligized to the saws I forgot. Glad to hear people like collecting chainsaws. Jonathan

I though I was an obscure collector of chainsaws, I glad to see Im not as crazy as my friends say I am. Judging by some of the responses, many of you have far larger collections than I do. Well to that I say, They are more rare in the San Francisco bay area. I do not have much to buy. keep collecting guys. I could use some help chasing down some Diston twin engine parts.This on uses the mercury engine.
I need a block.

Mercury Engine Block

Hello;

I have a Mercury KB6-AX engine for the Disston DH-120 series saws. The engine is complete, except for the carburetor, magneto, and flywheel.
The engine turns over smoothly and appears to have compression, but some heartless soul has mushroomed the end of the crank (I assume trying to remove the flywheel), otherwise it is in good shape.
If you can use this engine, let me know.

Best Regards; David

i have a mono, david bradley 355.83180, mall model 12, mall model 11, (2)mall model 6, mall model 1MG, titan 60 series, titan sportsman, mac 200, homelite zip, porter cable 529F, porter cable 534D, homelite 360, poulan 2750, (2) super 2, Orlin mustang, wright recopicating, monty ward, homelite 340, (2)homeltie 330, poulan model 43, homelite 26 LCS, (2) 7-19C

that is my collection as it stands right now and it is growing all of the time. i have a lot of literature on the older saws and have books to just about all of my saws. so if anyone wants a copy of one of the books just let me know and we can work soemthing out.

my small collection

My small ( just recently started ) collection consists of two poulan micro xxv's ( i salvaged one from the family scrap pile and the other was a curious buy from ebay - it had an attachment on it to use as a line trimmer - but it is a chainsaw now )...one homelite ez automatic (working on it)...one homelite model 20 i think (brand new saw i got on the bargain table at wallyworld for 40 bucks!) one stihl 009 eq. I keep the saws longer if I have to work on it and bring it back to life - ...however, i am a horse trader...
anybody else out there get satisfaction out of making an old saw run and cut good again?

Lane

Making new again

Hello;

I am a Tool and Die Maker by trade and I enjoy restoring old saws. I have a good size collection of Two Man Chainsaws and I will probably not get done with them all, but I will have fun trying.
I do whatever it takes to restore a saw, fabrication, welding, plating, painting etc. It seems that the worse the condition, the more I want to make it new again. I have several nice, restored saws.

Best Regards; David

My collection is nearing the 400 mark. This is the result of over 45 years of exposure to the chain saw industry. I cannot list all the saws here. I have tried to limit my self to saws manufactured prior to 1960 and have lots of 2-man saws.

collections

i "collect" a little of everything, mostly '40s Dodge trucks. but i've two saws that may be of interest. ( always interested in leads)

one is a Mac - 35. i do not know anything about it other than it is what i cut fire wood with as a kid.. i'd be interested in any info, also parts sources if such exist.

second saw is dated 1943, powered by a KB6-AX Mercury Engine. Appears to have been built by Kliekhaefer Co in WI. saw has a 3 ft + blade, and is definately a 2 man rig. from what i gather , saw was built for army corp of engineers for use in the pacific war. somewhere i have a copied military manual for the saw. saw has compression, everything seems to work, but ignition.

Dave with the KB6 motor: i've not quite figured out this forrum, but i'd be interested in your kb6 motor, particularly if it has a spark...

mike ([email protected])

oldm saws

Mike i have 2 ols Mac 35's and a magazine ad from 1957 on maccullah mac 35 with picture and price of 165.00 . They were gear reducked drive. slow but powerful . the last time we used it was to cut a large stump ,they are tricky to start ,an old timer working for me at the time knew the trick. he said choke it till the muffler is wet.then he lit the muffler with a match and gave her a pull she started and threw a flame/torch about 3 or 4 foot . my clients who were watching from their deck got up and went inside shure was a funny scene .i never took it out again but she cut that stump. anyway if you are interested make me an offer im located in the midwest st. louis ,missouri. thanks- ps. I also,,with the goat horn have an old powermac trim saw with the goat horn handle ,a great little trim saw in its day . sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
saw for sale

I have a HORNET DJ 3600 H that my friends grandpa gave me but i now have no room for it so if interested let me know its missing the starter and gas tank from what i can tell.

Currently I have:
1- 038 Mag(made in Brazil), 1-044, 2-056's, 1-husky 1100, 1-husky 2100(thin ring), 1- homelite 2100, and 1- 090. But always looking for new projects to tinker with.

Currently, I have 1 Stihl 038MagII, a Dolmar 120Si, a McC 1-42, a McC 250, Homelite 7-19 on the way, a Poulan S25DA, and some others I cant remember.
Not a perfect collection but I'm slowly adding more saws to the list.

I kind of like the big Homelites from the 1960's,

My working collection includes:
Homelite 1130G
Homelite XP-1020
Homelite C-7
Homelite Super XL-925
Homelite XL 800

Current projects include:
Homelite Super 77G
Homelite 707G

Thats enough for now.

My McCulloch 797 is the work horse for my mill as it oils better for that application.

Latest posts

Back