What do you consider too COLD??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Told my wife I need a new pair of boots just the other day. My old work boots are pretty much worn out. I find that when its cold, my feet are the first thing to freeze. If I can keep my feet warm, I can usually make it pretty good in cold weather. Let my feet get cold and I head for the couch. Here lately, the warm state must be Mexico, even Florida is having "Drop Iguanas" falling out of the trees from the freezing cold.

View attachment 624024 View attachment 624025 View attachment 624026 On Saturday, I did some splitting. I'd say about 0deg. Average. I did a couple hours before lunch and a couple hours after. Friday I bucked these up, about 0 deg. average.
Seems like a good pair of boots helps keep the cold away. Otherwise, nothing special, just layer my junker work clothes.
I just find a pace, and if I'm sweating too much, I take a breather.
To be honest, when I'm taking the "breather", I'm thinking about which warm state i'd like to move to.
Try California, I hear it's blazing hot this time of year in the southern part.

Hopefully this won't get me banned, but if I got turtle action and have to squat to pee it's too cold for me.

Was out trimming a farmer's fence line this afternoon, mid 30's I think, not jack for wind and sunny out. I had on jeans, warm socks and well worn out Cabela's hunting boots, a thermal shirt, t-shirt, and a flannel shirt and I was sweating plenty. Too dang warm, but these tropical heatwaves are nice to do some things. Sunday afternoon was mid 20's and I split about a cord of ash and did some other things, wasn't too bad.

This is my cold weather clothing from 4 years ago, nothing has changed. The weather was the same if not COLDER!

Layers and finding the right pace, is what makes working in the fridged temps possible for me.

I'm sure during my " breathers", 4 years ago, I was wondering what warm state i'd like to move to.

I try not to skid when it's below zero. Actually if the high is supposed to be in the single digits I generally stay home. My forwarder is 30 years old, but in exelent shape. However 35 years in the woods has taught me old steel gets brittle below 10F. Repairs cut into profit.

Back